Author Topic: "If she is the best on the board..."  (Read 5539 times)

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
"If she is the best on the board..."
« on: April 02, 2013, 11:38:43 PM »
Mark Cuban says he may draft Brittney Griner in the NBA's second round.  Dubious.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/9127664/mark-cuban-give-brittney-griner-opportunity-dallas-mavericks

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: "If she is the best on the board..."
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 12:03:54 AM »
Mark Cuban PT Barnum says he may draft Brittney Griner in the NBA's second round.  Dubious.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/9127664/mark-cuban-give-brittney-griner-opportunity-dallas-mavericks

Skill aside he knows she isn't good enough, good pub grab here though.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 08:15:58 AM »
while i agree this is nothing but a publicity stunt, i wonder what kind of publicity he's hoping to gain other than to be labeled an idiot.  are the mavs this desperate for pub? 

and save me the any pub is good pub line.  in my opinion he's making himself and by association, his fellow owners, look like dumbasses who are disconnected from their game.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 08:22:52 AM »
 :lol: he's getting exactly what he wanted out of this comment. Great job, Mark.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 08:27:35 AM »
How bad would TCU's mens team beat the Baylor women? 20+?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 08:29:45 AM »
Wow so so so so dumb Cuban

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 08:48:39 AM »
Cuban trolls goEMAW. Never thought I'd see the day
:adios:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 09:06:46 AM »
basketball is so stupid

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 12:05:42 PM »
Cuban trolls goEMAW. Never thought I'd see the day

Yeah seriously. He's clearly not serious. But if there's anyone that can market and squeeze every dollar out of something as boring as Vegas Summer League, it's Cuban.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 01:05:58 PM »
if she is the best left on the board she would actually be the best pick

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 01:50:33 PM »
if she is the best left on the board she would actually be the best pick

Exactly. What a non-story

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2013, 09:33:24 PM »

Much much more

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 10:02:11 PM »

Much much more

Better question: Would the Baylor women win the KSHSAA 3A boys basketball championship?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 08:01:32 AM »
I know this isn't in the same hemisphere, but in 8th grade, we used to be held after practice to scrimmage the girls HS varsity squad every once in a while.  We used to completely annihilate them.  I mean, to the point that their coach would stop the scrimmage and make it half court.  Then he would later stop it and tell us to stop moving full speed.  Then he would stop it and tell us to kinda just shuffle around with our hands up. 

again, I know this is a different hemisphere, but when weighing questions like this, I refer back to a bunch of 8th graders completely ruining a bunch of 12th graders as we just kinda shuffle around with our hands up after having an hour of our own practice followed by 30 min of sprints. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2013, 08:38:42 AM »

Much much more

Better question: Would the Baylor women win the KSHSAA 3A boys basketball championship?

With Greiner, yes. She would completely beast the paint. They would do well in 6A this season, I think she is the best player in the state. I honestly think she could be a decent role player for a D1 squad, she is an unreal shot blocker and rebounder. She is scholarship worthy at most schools.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2013, 01:04:19 PM »
Cuban = stud studding all over the faces of some apparently faux studs on gE :dance:

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2013, 09:56:00 PM »

Much much more

With Greiner, yes. She would completely beast the paint. They would do well in 6A this season, I think she is the best player in the state. I honestly think she could be a decent role player for a D1 squad, she is an unreal shot blocker and rebounder. She is scholarship worthy at most schools.

She would get eaten alive in even the worst D-1 men's basketball programs.

:facepalm:
bears are fast...

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2013, 02:34:59 AM »

Much much more

Oh yeah?

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2013, 02:29:20 PM »

Much much more

Oh yeah?

Absolutely. Unless she's tucking & taping down man parts.

The strength, quickness, & jumping ability of a 6'3"-6'4" D-1 caliber male basketball player would embarrass her.

bears are fast...

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2013, 02:53:46 PM »
I didn't say anything about being elite. She's a better defensive big than some D1 scholarship athletes than I've seen. She can absolutely get 5 minutes a game defending the rim, there is no doubt about it. She would have huge issues with guarding her man, but there are literally hundreds of D1 players with the same issue. Not to mention there are some conferences where she would be in the top 98% of players height.

My opinion is based on seeing her and seeing other college basketball teams. Based on your first sentence of your previous post your opinion is clearly based on "she's a girl." You have your mind made up without considering her skill set so there's no use continuing this.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2013, 03:27:27 PM »
I know this isn't in the same hemisphere, but in 8th grade, we used to be held after practice to scrimmage the girls HS varsity squad every once in a while.  We used to completely annihilate them.  I mean, to the point that their coach would stop the scrimmage and make it half court.  Then he would later stop it and tell us to stop moving full speed.  Then he would stop it and tell us to kinda just shuffle around with our hands up. 

again, I know this is a different hemisphere, but when weighing questions like this, I refer back to a bunch of 8th graders completely ruining a bunch of 12th graders as we just kinda shuffle around with our hands up after having an hour of our own practice followed by 30 min of sprints.

Oh man, we did the exact same thing in my hometown with the same results. :excited:  The best part was trying to be this 8th grade stud around some of the hot 12th grade lady players. :lol:  We were all doing it and we looked so obvious and stupid, it was great! 

"Let me flex a bit here as I yank down this board fruit, yep there it is." 

"Oh that J I just drained in your pretty face?  No big whoop if you ask me, here's a little smile for you as I back pedal."

"Oh you're posting me up now? Don't mind the boner, all part of the game."
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2013, 03:36:29 PM »
Its the same for the women's practice squad. Its essentially a very good rec team that's better than the women's team. I would have very little trouble with Olga Firsova for instance but I think, know, I would struggle to score against Griner. She has the unique combo of size, athleticism, strength and skill. Does her athleticism and strength match that of an average men's D1 baller, no it doesn't, but her skillset has come the closest of an average male that we've seen.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2013, 06:00:14 PM »
"Oh you're posting me up now? Don't mind the boner, all part of the game."

Oh man if I had a dollar every time I said that one
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2013, 01:00:52 AM »
I always wanted to watch my fraternity intramural team play the ladycats.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2013, 10:37:26 PM »
I didn't say anything about being elite. She's a better defensive big than some D1 scholarship athletes than I've seen. She can absolutely get 5 minutes a game defending the rim, there is no doubt about it. She would have huge issues with guarding her man, but there are literally hundreds of D1 players with the same issue. Not to mention there are some conferences where she would be in the top 98% of players height.

My opinion is based on seeing her and seeing other college basketball teams. Based on your first sentence of your previous post your opinion is clearly based on "she's a girl." You have your mind made up without considering her skill set so there's no use continuing this.

Her skill set is solid.... "for a girl".  Keep in mind, all we've seen of her is against a bunch of 6'3"-6'5" girls. 

Elite is so far fetched its absurd.  She wouldn't even be competitive with D-1 men unless they started giggling so hard at how bad they were abusing her that they couldn't really play anymore.  She'd probably be at least competitive at the 5A-6A level of Kansas HS boys basketball, but dudes headed to the Washburns, ESU's, Hutch JuCo's of the world would embarrass her.

I'll stand by the fact that the most average mens college basketball player would simply embarrass the very best estro-baller, no question.

I can't believe you're even trying to make an argument that she even belongs on a mens D-1 level court...  I should've just accepted your tapout and left well enough alone, I guess.

bears are fast...