Author Topic: Volleyball  (Read 148639 times)

Offline salcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Volleyball
« Reply #275 on: October 09, 2013, 03:03:28 AM »
Hungarian out for the season. Seems like this year she's playing girls who have been backups their whole career. The new setters pretty good though.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 10, 2013, 01:03:50 AM »
Hungarian out for the season. Seems like this year she's playing girls who have been backups their whole career. The new setters pretty good though.

Pelger is also playing hurt and got hurt again tonight. I'm unsure of what I think of the setter, she's aggressive at the net which I love but she is having some distribution issues. Tonight we hit about .070 and the setter has to wear that, we also had to tip a lot. I know passing can lead to these issues too so it all can't be laid at the feet of the setter. Brand is a freshman though so I'm happy we'll have her for 3 more years.

Losing Lilla hurts, she was playing very well before she got hurt. Where did you hear that she was out for the season? Kstatesports.com just ran a profile on her yesterday and that wasn't mentioned. Pretty odd to feature her if they think she's done. Sad for her that her college career is over if she in fact isn't returning.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 10, 2013, 01:21:52 AM »

Pelger is also playing hurt and got hurt again tonight. I'm unsure of what I think of the setter, she's aggressive at the net which I love but she is having some distribution issues. Tonight we hit about .070 and the setter has to wear that, we also had to tip a lot. I know passing can lead to these issues too so it all can't be laid at the feet of the setter. Brand is a freshman though so I'm happy we'll have her for 3 more years.

Losing Lilla hurts, she was playing very well before she got hurt. Where did you hear that she was out for the season? Kstatesports.com just ran a profile on her yesterday and that wasn't mentioned. Pretty odd to feature her if they think she's done. Sad for her that her college career is over if she in fact isn't returning.

By "not returning"  do you mean her eligibility is exhausted?  If so, is a medical a possibility?

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 10, 2013, 08:18:10 AM »

kstatesports.com just copy and pasted an article that big12sports.com had featured. My guess is that article was originally written a couple of weeks ago.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 10, 2013, 09:13:29 AM »

By "not returning"  do you mean her eligibility is exhausted?  If so, is a medical a possibility?

Yes she's a senior, no she won't get a medical redshirt if she's out for the year, she's played 13 matches this season.

Also yes kstatesports reran a big12sports article from a few weeks ago, they put a disclaimer saying so at the beginning of the article. Seems weird that they wouldn't add that she's out for the year with an injury to that addendum.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 09:21:22 AM by MakeItRain »

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 10, 2013, 09:24:29 AM »
what would be a good match to go to this year(preferable one we don't get killed in)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 10, 2013, 09:33:15 AM »
Is it typical of V-ball teams to have their entire season determined by the availability of one player?   Is it like losing a stud starting QB, or a stud 7-0 Center? 

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 10, 2013, 09:44:19 AM »
what would be a good match to go to this year(preferable one we don't get killed in)

I'd suggest either the Tech or Baylor matches. Both are typically very bad, especially Tech.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 10, 2013, 09:50:00 AM »

I'd suggest either the Tech or Baylor matches. Both are typically very bad, especially Tech.
Thanks townie  :Pirate Bones:

Online Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 10, 2013, 11:18:59 AM »

Yes she's a senior, no she won't get a medical redshirt if she's out for the year, she's played 13 matches this season.

Also yes kstatesports reran a big12sports article from a few weeks ago, they put a disclaimer saying so at the beginning of the article. Seems weird that they wouldn't add that she's out for the year with an injury to that addendum.
sad to confirm that she's done for the year. talked about it with a stud volleycat last week.

Offline salcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 10, 2013, 01:26:47 PM »
Yeah I heard it from her. She said it is what it is.

It is a big loss bc she was one of the few that can terminate. Pelger can most of the time but she plays all around.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 10, 2013, 04:00:20 PM »
Is it typical of V-ball teams to have their entire season determined by the availability of one player?   Is it like losing a stud starting QB, or a stud 7-0 Center?

When its one of your best players, very typical. Add to that the best player isn't 100%. Benches in volleyball aren't used like other sports. Its not at all unusual for a team to only play 8 and two of those won't play front row at all. There is no equivalence in any other team sport for the impact of one player that a volleyball player could have. Porubek is still at this point responsible for 15% of our total kills even though she's only played 13 of 17 matches. Pelger has been responsible for 23% of our kills.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 20, 2013, 03:45:47 AM »
More bloodbaths and then a win over TTU.  Clear divide between the have and have nots in the league at this point. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 20, 2013, 10:30:09 AM »
Went to the game. It was fun, #6 is good. seems like she's prob the best player.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 20, 2013, 07:43:27 PM »
Went to the game. It was fun, #6 is good. seems like she's prob the best player.

She isn't. Glad you went to the match and had fun. Go lots, they're all fun.

Offline salcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 20, 2013, 10:25:16 PM »
Could go .500 in conference = possible NCAA berth. Suzie would take that

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 20, 2013, 10:41:46 PM »
I think they can and will make the tournament at 7-9

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 20, 2013, 11:38:23 PM »
Season tickets, here we come. Good thing they're still available.  :)

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 20, 2013, 11:52:24 PM »

Season tickets, here we come. Good thing they're still available.  :)

:thumbs:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 21, 2013, 08:01:31 AM »

She isn't. Glad you went to the match and had fun. Go lots, they're all fun.
#16 was runner up.
#6 has this crazy eye thing going on when she goes to set the ball to someone behind her.  :horrorsurprise: she looks like an exorcism is happening to her

Offline salcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 21, 2013, 04:48:37 PM »
#17 is supposed to be the best player.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 21, 2013, 05:24:40 PM »
#17 is supposed to be the best player.
apparently, stats lie.. but the ball don't

Offline salcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 07, 2013, 12:24:50 PM »
So do the volleycats just not have it this year? 0-5 on road in big XII.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 14, 2013, 09:48:18 PM »
Well that was a treat.  Always nice to see Nebraska get swept in their house.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 14, 2013, 10:11:55 PM »
also former K-State hero Jim Mclaughlin about to lead Washington into their "tilt"