Author Topic: Volleyball  (Read 148563 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Volleyball
« Reply #375 on: October 22, 2014, 10:08:15 PM »
Best I've seen from this team all season. Offense was great, but OU is a tremendous offensive team and K-State simply crap them down for much of the match.

Nice strategy of repeatedly making Madison Ward — whose 4.12 kills/ set rank second in the Big 12 during conference play — receive serve. She had eight kills on 34 attempts, with eight attack errors. .000 hitting. Held an OU offense that's hit a Big 12 best .274 in conference play to just .192 as a team.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 22, 2014, 10:23:01 PM »
Best I've seen from this team all season. Offense was great, but OU is a tremendous offensive team and K-State simply crap them down for much of the match.

Nice strategy of repeatedly making Madison Ward — whose 4.12 kills/ set rank second in the Big 12 during conference play — receive serve. She had eight kills on 34 attempts, with eight attack errors. .000 hitting. Held an OU offense that's hit a Big 12 best .274 in conference play to just .192 as a team.
:sdeek:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 22, 2014, 10:24:57 PM »
Best I've seen from this team all season. Offense was great, but OU is a tremendous offensive team and K-State simply shit shut them down for much of the match.

:sdeek:

:lol:
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 23, 2014, 12:55:24 PM »

nicname. i'm really kind of pissed off right now.  ok, i'm not kind of pissed off, i'm furious.  this post deserves validation from MiR but he's treating you like a little bitch, bro.
you guys have some sort of squabble that we don't know about, son?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 23, 2014, 03:36:42 PM »

nicname. i'm really kind of pissed off right now.  ok, i'm not kind of pissed off, i'm furious.  this post deserves validation from MiR but he's treating you like a little bitch, bro.
you guys have some sort of squabble that we don't know about, son?

I dunno, probably.

jk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 25, 2014, 09:45:35 PM »

OU swept UT tonight

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 25, 2014, 11:17:19 PM »

OU swept UT tonight

Holy crap.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 26, 2014, 12:21:51 AM »
Ho hum. Another road win. This one 3-2 at WVU. Fritz saving her job this season imo.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

The Big Train

« Reply #384 on: October 26, 2014, 01:16:38 AM »
hey nicname, odd question and prob should be in the MDT but like do you know any of the lady volleycats well enough to recommend a certain poster who is tall dark and handsome, asking for a friend

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 26, 2014, 01:18:03 AM »
hey nicname, odd question and prob should be in the MDT but like do you know any of the lady volleycats well enough to recommend a certain poster who is tall dark and handsome, asking for a friend

I dunno, that'd be pretty creepy. But I'm sure they like tall dudes. I mean half of them are over 6 feet tall.

The Big Train

« Reply #386 on: October 26, 2014, 01:20:10 AM »

I dunno, that'd be pretty creepy. But I'm sure they like tall dudes. I mean half of them are over 6 feet tall.

alright, will report this back to the friend that asked  :thumbs:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 26, 2014, 01:25:06 AM »

I would suggest to just start showing up at practices, and then going to games and always sitting directly opposite of the bench and gazing into their eyes. Also screaming really loudly for those little volleyballs that they toss out before the matches. You'll have to move every set though because they switch benches all the time. Gotta keep that eye contact.

If that doesn't work I'd suggest randomly sending flowers to the VB offices and showing up at their apartments with a radio and a well-tuned singing voice.

Hope this helps your friend.

The Big Train

« Reply #388 on: October 26, 2014, 01:28:28 AM »

I would suggest to just start showing up at practices, and then going to games and always sitting directly opposite of the bench and gazing into their eyes. Also screaming really loudly for those little volleyballs that they toss out before the matches. You'll have to move every set though because they switch benches all the time. Gotta keep that eye contact.

If that doesn't work I'd suggest randomly sending flowers to the VB offices and showing up at their apartments with a radio and a well-tuned singing voice.

Hope this helps your friend.

this is great advice, for my friend  :thumbs:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 26, 2014, 12:11:03 PM »
Ho hum. Another road win. This one 3-2 at WVU. Fritz saving her job this season imo.

Her job was fine, Olympic sports coaches don't get evaluated like football and basketball coaches and she isn't the perceived pain in the ass Deb was.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: October 26, 2014, 01:04:52 PM »

Her job was fine, Olympic sports coaches don't get evaluated like football and basketball coaches and she isn't the perceived pain in the ass Deb was.
damn dude I don't know.  Its one thing to stay under the radar and keep sawing wood with your program.  But when common K-State0 fans start to get pissed with your performance (for a lot, I think you've noted, losing to KU), I think the leash can be pretty freaking short. 

Do you know off the top of your head if she has had any changes on her bench with assistants over the last 3ish seasons?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 26, 2014, 01:40:53 PM »
I think all the assistants have been the same.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 26, 2014, 05:20:31 PM »
They assistants haven't changed for quite a while, since Justin Ingram left to become a head coach at Arkansas State.

Currie is smart enough of an athletic director to evaluate coaches on their own merits. He isn't going to make personnel decisions based on people pissed on a message board because they can't make clever posts to other message board posters. Volleyball, baseball, and wbb coaches have three goals:

win
produce revenue
don't embarrass the school

The more of the second two you do the more latitude you get with the first. Suzy is the winningest coach in the history of the program, by far, and one of the best in the history of the conference. As far as the other stuff goes she has run a model program by any standard. Firing her and trying to find someone else to duplicate what she's done is a huge risk.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 26, 2014, 06:11:36 PM »
Fritz is in the middle of a five year contract.   Barring extraordinary circumstances Currie is not going to can an Olympic Sport coach in the middle of a 5 year contract, particularly one with a successful overall track record.   

That said, I suspect Fritz is going to have to maintain this level through the remainder of the contract or she risks the "trajectory factor" (not gE'ing) in the Currie decision process (provided he's still around in 2016).   I think that's pretty fair.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 27, 2014, 12:01:04 AM »
They assistants haven't changed for quite a while, since Justin Ingram left to become a head coach at Arkansas State.

Currie is smart enough of an athletic director to evaluate coaches on their own merits. He isn't going to make personnel decisions based on people pissed on a message board because they can't make clever posts to other message board posters. Volleyball, baseball, and wbb coaches have three goals:

win
produce revenue
don't embarrass the school

The more of the second two you do the more latitude you get with the first. Suzy is the winningest coach in the history of the program, by far, and one of the best in the history of the conference. As far as the other stuff goes she has run a model program by any standard. Firing her and trying to find someone else to duplicate what she's done is a huge risk.

Yeah, the winning is back for the foreseeable future and the second two she's had locked in for a long time.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 01, 2014, 01:59:02 PM »
Down 2-0 to Tech

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 01, 2014, 03:14:35 PM »
Knotted at 2! :emawkid:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 01, 2014, 03:27:31 PM »
We're going to take this. Up 10-4 in set 5. Best game I've seen from Vogel so far.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 01, 2014, 03:33:28 PM »
Final?

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 01, 2014, 07:27:39 PM »
cats won in 5

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.