Author Topic: Volleyball  (Read 148624 times)

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
Re: Volleyball
« Reply #300 on: March 20, 2014, 10:31:48 PM »
A Volleyball Training Facility is going in south of Bram.  Two courts with locker rooms, offices, etc.     :kstategrad:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 20, 2014, 10:49:31 PM »
Yawn.....

Went from can't have nice things to having nothing but.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 21, 2014, 03:54:01 AM »
why
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 21, 2014, 06:49:45 AM »
fantastic, but I hate the location, unless they're getting out of Ahearn :pray:

this also likely puts pressure on Suzie, I'd get my hopes up for Dawn Cady Sullivan but Currie :shakesfist: we'll hire the head coach at Northwestern or New Mexico.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 08, 2014, 09:21:46 PM »

Went to the game. It was fun, #6 is good. seems like she's prob the best player.

She isn't. Glad you went to the match and had fun. Go lots, they're all fun.
looks like I was right, like usual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 08, 2014, 10:00:29 PM »

Went to the game. It was fun, #6 is good. seems like she's prob the best player.

She isn't. Glad you went to the match and had fun. Go lots, they're all fun.
looks like I was right, like usual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grats to Katie, very cool. Kaitlynn's not eligible for the USA college volleyball team because she is no longer a college volleyball player.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 09, 2014, 09:50:15 AM »
A Volleyball Training Facility is going in south of Bram.  Two courts with locker rooms, offices, etc.     :kstategrad:

How did I miss this, where South of the Bram exactly? 

Rendos?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 09, 2014, 09:55:30 AM »

Rendos?

i dont really understand this.

It's not like they have to share their space in ahearn with anyone. money should be spent on a locker room/office upgrade in ahearn.

is the the groundwork for currie debbing suzie?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 09, 2014, 10:25:39 AM »

Rendos?

i dont really understand this.

It's not like they have to share their space in ahearn with anyone. money should be spent on a locker room/office upgrade in ahearn.

is the the groundwork for currie debbing suzie?

They have to share Ahearn with Indoor track.

My facilities dream is to see a whole new football practice complex built with a new indoor facility for football and convert the old football indoor facility, to the indoor track.

Pretty mixed on a Volleyball arena out by Bram tho. 

But I like the scenarios, all the non-revenue sports are getting more stuff, and this is likely going to build the case for their relative coaching staffs to perform better. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 09, 2014, 10:28:18 AM »

Rendos?

i was wondering the same thing.  the coaches/players parking is located south of bramlage and then the indoor complex.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 09, 2014, 10:59:46 AM »
The only time volleyball has to share with indoor track is when indoor track hosts a meet and that is in the volleyball off season, so there's no team activity then.

A practice facility at Bramlage is really stupid unless Currie plans on moving volleyball to Bramlage, which I suppose is possible after they move some of the AD offices in Bramlage to the Vanier 3.0. And yes if this is happening it puts Suzie on notice. If she does get moved we have a no doubt, slam dunk replacement in Dawn Cady Sullivan. I've talked to people very close to the Iowa State volleyball program who are nervous about losing her to us because they want her as a successor to their current coach.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 09, 2014, 11:06:45 AM »
And yes if this is happening it puts Suzie on notice. If she does get moved we have a no doubt, slam dunk replacement in Dawn Cady Sullivan. I've talked to people very close to the Iowa State volleyball program who are nervous about losing her to us because they want her as a successor to their current coach.

the only thing i know for sure is that currie will not hire a replacement coach that anyone wants or expects.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 09, 2014, 11:17:50 AM »
And yes if this is happening it puts Suzie on notice. If she does get moved we have a no doubt, slam dunk replacement in Dawn Cady Sullivan. I've talked to people very close to the Iowa State volleyball program who are nervous about losing her to us because they want her as a successor to their current coach.

the only thing i know for sure is that currie will not hire a replacement coach that anyone wants or expects.

Rarely does a school actually hire the message board fapfest "want or expect" coach. 

Moving Volleyball to Bramlage is now much more feasible with the BTF.   

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 09, 2014, 11:18:32 AM »

Dawn is different, if she isn't the next coach at K-State she will be at Iowa State. She is a bonified head coaching candidate; not an analyst or a 27 year old 2nd assistant. Dawn isn't nearly as big of a risk.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 09, 2014, 11:45:14 AM »
They should build them a 2,500-3,000 seat arena just for volleyball. Ahearn is the worst.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: April 09, 2014, 11:51:00 AM »

Rarely does a school actually hire the message board fapfest "want or expect" coach. 

Volleyball games in Bramlage would be an absolutely terrible atmosphere. Ahearn is a pit, but it's also a huge home court advantage.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 09, 2014, 11:52:15 AM »
They should build them a 2,500-3,000 seat arena just for volleyball. Ahearn is the worst.

Totally agree... The problem is there is nowhere to put it.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 09, 2014, 11:52:43 AM »

Ahearn does blow, your capacities are way too small.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 09, 2014, 11:56:04 AM »

Volleyball games in Bramlage would be an absolutely terrible atmosphere. Ahearn is a pit, but it's also a huge home court advantage.

We played ISU there a few years ago after a football game and it was brutal. ISU plays in Hilton and the atmosphere is okay, not terrible, just okay.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 09, 2014, 01:47:06 PM »

Get any bigger and you're looking at a half-full arena a lot of the time. You're probably right though, when taking NCAA hosting into effect.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 09, 2014, 02:16:39 PM »
Ahearn could be a very good V-Ball Venue, but that would require substantial renovation.   

Move the v-ball court to where the b-ball court used to be and tighten and create a seating bowl around it.   I'm thinking about 5-6,000 seats, and renovated entry lobbies etc. etc.

But we're talking $15 million easy.   

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 09, 2014, 02:45:49 PM »

Get any bigger and you're looking at a half-full arena a lot of the time. You're probably right though, when taking NCAA hosting into effect.

then just pick up the court and move it to da bram when you need to host ncaa's

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 09, 2014, 02:49:23 PM »
Ahearn could be a very good V-Ball Venue, but that would require substantial renovation.   

Move the v-ball court to where the b-ball court used to be and tighten and create a seating bowl around it.   I'm thinking about 5-6,000 seats, and renovated entry lobbies etc. etc.

But we're talking $15 million easy.

Would agree on a lot of that, but if they do think about actually moving vball out to Bramlage and adding the vball training facility, they should also renovate Bramlage (concourse, amenities, suites, etc.) with it and complete that all in one fell swoop (and would probably cost about the same $15 mill overall for the whole deal), would help 3 sports in 1 facility and potentially make any renovations of Ahearn if they make it into an indoor track and field only facility much more minor, but wouldn't know cost-benefit without some good numbers. If we're talking atmosphere though, they should keep it obviously in Ahearn, but if dollars and cents work out a move to the Bram might be worth it.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 09, 2014, 02:59:09 PM »

NCAA brings in their own courts now.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 09, 2014, 03:00:16 PM »

NCAA brings in their own courts now.

pft, even better