Author Topic: If you are Smart, you knew we would win: UT ADV  (Read 15528 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: If you are Smart, you knew we would win: UT ADV
« Reply #125 on: February 19, 2017, 10:53:07 AM »
Good lord. We didn't keep oscar at the end of last year to then fire him after making the tourney this year. If he makes the tourney, he stays. I'm baffled that people are arguing the possibility that this isn't true.

Any commentary on the rationale or no?

my post was commentary. I also agree with everything sys and Russ have said. Out of curiosity, if this team makes the tourney, what percent chance do you give for oscar being fired?

I'm not going to give a percentage because there is such a wide variance of circumstance on how the season will play out, even at this point.

Oh good grief

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 19, 2017, 11:00:19 AM »
Taking the tact of "I don't know what the hell this team is going to do let's let the season play out" leads to that reaction? Okay buddy :lol:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 19, 2017, 01:24:45 PM »
asking you to put a percentage chance of Weber getting fired if (if) this team makes the tournament seems like an insanely reasonable question to ask, given that you've been arguing for pages now that you think it's a very real possibility.

I'll even go first....as if right now I think there is a less than five percent chance that oscar gets fired if this team makes the tournament. That took me less than a minute.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 19, 2017, 05:13:12 PM »
asking you to put a percentage chance of Weber getting fired if (if) this team makes the tournament seems like an insanely reasonable question to ask, given that you've been arguing for pages now that you think it's a very real possibility.

I'll even go first....as if right now I think there is a less than five percent chance that oscar gets fired if this team makes the tournament. That took me less than a minute.

You think the chances of him getting fired are the same if we finish 2-4 with let's say three double digit losses than they are if we go 5-1 in our next six games?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 19, 2017, 05:40:37 PM »

You think the chances of him getting fired are the same if we finish 2-4 with let's say three double digit losses than they are if we go 5-1 in our next six games?

I think that I simply took all of the available information available to me and used it to make a prediction. This post took less than 30 seconds.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 19, 2017, 06:43:49 PM »

I think that I simply took all of the available information available to me and used it to make a prediction. This post took less than 30 seconds.

Yet you couldn't take 5-30 seconds to answer my question, I won't point out the obvious hypocrisy though.

To answer your question, I'd say 3-33%, happy?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 19, 2017, 09:06:46 PM »
If KSU makes the tourney and oscar gets fired, I will eat my hat

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog