Author Topic: BITB  (Read 77729 times)

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: BITB
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2012, 09:39:23 PM »
If that's true, that's disappointing, but not the least bit surprising.

it is 100% true.  Frank is garbage.

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2012, 09:40:14 PM »

Kill everyone in the building, then set it on fire

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2012, 10:24:01 PM »

Currie and Frank are both garbage.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline monumentcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2012, 10:32:22 PM »

Currie and Frank are both garbage.

How the hell did we get here?  I'm just so sad.  Just 2 years ago we had the that glorious Xavier game and it seemed like the sky was the limit.  Now we will be starting over just because two people couldn't get along.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2012, 10:42:40 PM »

Why?  If your former boss was a bitch, tell people your former boss was a bitch, its the American way.  You don't want people telling others you're a bitch, don't be a bitch.

Kietz's bullshit about Frank should be quiet because Currie gave him a chance is his tuck showing.Currie didn't make Frank a millionaire, Frank, his assistants, and his players made him a millionaire; Currie didn't do crap, he didn't even hire him.  If Currie didn't give Frank a new contract Frank would have made MORE money at Depaul or Oregon.  The loyalty tucks seem to forget that Frank gave K-State the old hometown discount.

eff John Currie

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2012, 10:53:07 PM »

Why?  If your former boss was a bitch, tell people your former boss was a bitch, its the American way.  You don't want people telling others you're a bitch, don't be a bitch.

Kietz's bullshit about Frank should be quiet because Currie gave him a chance is his tuck showing.Currie didn't make Frank a millionaire, Frank, his assistants, and his players made him a millionaire; Currie didn't do crap, he didn't even hire him.  If Currie didn't give Frank a new contract Frank would have made MORE money at Depaul or Oregon.  The loyalty tucks seem to forget that Frank gave K-State the old hometown discount.

eff John Currie
Laughing at Frank's "loyalty" song and dance is perfectly acceptable. He cried when he got his contract and we all thought "my God, he's going to be here forever."  It was part of his charm.  He talked about it every chance he got, and the first time he gets offered a job anywhere south of Chicago he's gone.

Come on.  I get that he's ditching Currie and he doesn't necessarily owe Currie anything, but the "loyalty" Frank champions at every turn, in this case, doesn't pertain only to Currie. 

In no way do I think this excuses Currie, but Frank isn't completely innocent in all of this.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 10:57:02 PM by Dlew12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2012, 10:57:17 PM »
He cried when he got his contract and we all thought "my God, he's going to be here forever." 

"We all" didn't think crap.  That's your fault homie, only you can think for you.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2012, 10:58:47 PM »

eff John Currie

I think trashing your former employer, when YOU decided to leave, is bush at best.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2012, 11:01:40 PM »

eff John Currie

I think trashing your former employer, when YOU decided to leave, is bush at best.

Not if you think you are leaving a hostile work environment.  If we believe the report that the last straw was the letter to the fans, I would tell people that my boss he was a lying bad person too.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2012, 11:09:11 PM »
He cried when he got his contract and we all thought "my God, he's going to be here forever." 

"We all" didn't think crap.  That's your fault homie, only you can think for you.
"Forever" was an exaggeration.  So was "we all," I guess.

My point, though, is that after receiving his contract and his "loyalty" mantra that was repeated ad nauseum to the point that it was practically cliche around here, I think that it was more than reasonable to expect him to stay at least the term of his contract.  In hindsight, I think it's fair to question and to roll your eyes at the bullshit that Frank served to us the last 5 years.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2012, 11:13:28 PM »

"Forever" was an exaggeration.  So was "we all," I guess.

My point, though, is that after receiving his contract and his "loyalty" mantra that was repeated ad nauseum to the point that it was practically cliche around here, I think that it was more than reasonable to expect him to stay at least the term of his contract.  In hindsight, I think it's fair to question and to roll your eyes at the bullshit that Frank served to us the last 5 years.

Sure its fair.  All I know is that people every single quit jobs for whatever reason, jobs that they once thought that they would have "forever."  Just because Frank is rich, doesn't mean that he shouldn't feel and behave like the rest of us, IMHO.  He's a basketball coach I don't hold his actions, morality, or decision making in any more regard than I do my mechanic.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2012, 11:14:30 PM »

eff John Currie

Not if you think you are leaving a hostile work environment.  If we believe the report that the last straw was the letter to the fans, I would tell people that my boss he was a lying bad person too.

oh jesus christ. frank wasn't being abused. If Currie's a liar, say he's a liar publicly and get him fired. In fact, he should have done that earlier (if Currie). Don't tell people you can't recruit to Manhattan - that hurts the entire university more than Currie.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2012, 11:21:47 PM »
Sure its fair.  All I know is that people every single quit jobs for whatever reason, jobs that they once thought that they would have "forever."  Just because Frank is rich, doesn't mean that he shouldn't feel and behave like the rest of us, IMHO.  He's a basketball coach I don't hold his actions, morality, or decision making in any more regard than I do my mechanic.
I completely understand that college basketball coaches, and specifically Frank, have a right to do whatever they want, whenever they want, for whatever reason they want.  We as fans, though, are allowed to say that, in some circumstances, they're hypocritical assholes for doing so.

I think this is one of those circumstances. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2012, 11:29:56 PM »

eff John Currie

oh jesus christ. frank wasn't being abused. If Currie's a liar, say he's a liar publicly and get him fired. In fact, he should have done that earlier (if Currie). Don't tell people you can't recruit to Manhattan - that hurts the entire university more than Currie.

I haven't made a statement of fact yet, I can't, that would make me a

wait for it

a hypocrite.

I don't know if the man thought.  I don't know if he's telling people you can't recruit to Manhattan.  It seems clear that he thinks that John Currie made his work environment unbearable, whether he thinks it's unbearable, abusive, or the actual work I used hostile, is a hair split.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2012, 11:31:49 PM »

eff John Currie

Would make you look bitter and pretty dumb for staying there for 5 years but WGAF I guess?

Offline monumentcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2012, 11:32:15 PM »

eff John Currie

Seriously if all he is doing is trashing Currie, I don't have a problem with it. The whole world, by now,  knows that those two hate each other. Like you said, trashing your former boss is the American way.

Now if (big if, considering the Kietz source) he is trashing the K-State coaching job itself, by saying it is too hard to win here, then I do have a problem with that.  The K-State fans have done nothing but support and defend him. We have been nothing but loyal to him and his program. That would hurt. I hope that part is pure BS.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2012, 11:33:16 PM »

eff John Currie

Kansas State University made Frank a millionaire.  If it wasn't for Kstate, he would be an assistant coach at West rough ridin' Virginia.  eff Frank Martin.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2012, 11:34:34 PM »

eff John Currie

Would make you look bitter and pretty dumb for staying there for 5 years but WGAF I guess?

:dunno: Or loyal for putting up with it as long as I did

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2012, 11:37:07 PM »

eff John Currie

Kansas State University made Frank a millionaire.  If it wasn't for Kstate, he would be an assistant coach at West rough ridin' Virginia.  eff Frank Martin.

Yeah K-State had nothing at all to gain by hiring Frank Martin.  Frank Martin, Brad Underwood, Jimmy Elgas, all the same huh?

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2012, 11:39:46 PM »

eff John Currie

Yeah K-State had nothing at all to gain by hiring Frank Martin.  Frank Martin, Brad Underwood, Jimmy Elgas, all the same huh?

FACT:  Frank Martin would be nothing without kstate and michael beasley.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2012, 11:44:10 PM »
Now if (big if, considering the Kietz source) he is trashing the K-State coaching job itself, by saying it is too hard to win here, then I do have a problem with that.  The K-State fans have done nothing but support and defend him. We have been nothing but loyal to him and his program. That would hurt. I hope that part is pure BS.

Wouldn't that make sense if you know he didn't win here :dunno:

Also in general fans of all schools/teams who get butthurt about someone saying "its hard to win there don't understand coaches and frankly all competitive and successful people.  I mean if you have a competitive bone in your body and someone tells you "you can't win there," I would hope you thought would be "yeah, YOU couldn't win there."  The only exception being if there is something very tangible holding you back from being competitive like an AD who won't financially support the program, horrible facilities, etc.  Unless you think K-State is in that boat, I wouldn't worry about someone saying its hard to win here.  Frank Martin would be the perfect example of that talking point being bullshit.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2012, 11:44:55 PM »

eff John Currie

Oh shut up. We hired him to save our asses. We needed a big name recruit (or two) to keep fans interested. We had nothing but our own ass in mind when we hired him.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2012, 11:46:25 PM »

eff John Currie

So Frank had something unique to offer K-State that made him a valuable commodity.  Thanks for agreeing :thumbsup: there is nothing I value more.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2012, 11:48:54 PM »

eff John Currie

:dunno: Or loyal for putting up with it as long as I did

Well now you are covering up for a liar, who lied so bad you had to leave, but when he was giving you raises his lying was cool with you?  So loyal to the $$.  Nothing wrong with that at all.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2012, 11:49:13 PM »

eff John Currie

Oh shut up. We hired him to save our asses. We needed a big name recruit (or two) to keep fans interested. We had nothing but our own ass in mind when we hired him.

obviously we had ourselves in mind when we hired our new coach.  what school wouldn't have their own interest in mind when hiring a coach?