Author Topic: one year delayed, eh cap'n?  (Read 218803 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: one year delayed, eh cap'n?
« Reply #1625 on: May 27, 2014, 09:55:10 PM »
funny how much the a.d. wants romero to now go to n colorado so the world can finally see what a whore she is.

I'm glad someone said something about that. IF she ends up at Northern Colorado it's good tip know that the athletic department thinks she is a crap human for wanting to stay with the people she traveled half way across the world to play for.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: May 27, 2014, 10:05:57 PM »
Admit it too cool for schoolers, you just want a wide open door for transfers, which is just stupid and you know it.

Due diligence was done, Currie recommended that she be given her release and the committee disregarded the recommendation.

dax who is your top 5 in the too cool for school club?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: May 27, 2014, 10:08:41 PM »
Dax can I get a Venn diagram of the different KSU cats groups? K thx

Draw two circles label one of them "smart savvy thinkers" in that one write sonofdaxjones; label the other one "too cool for schoolers" in that one write everyone else, a.k.a. everyone who has even thought to question any decision of the athletic department the last 5 years. The middle of the two sets will have captaincrap listed because even he admits the athletic department could have done some things better, that kind of radical thinking has no places in dax's circle.

Amazing from a guy who was once blackballed from K-State athletics.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: May 27, 2014, 10:09:56 PM »

Meh, there was a lot of dumb, but it's over. Currie messed up a lot, but the PR was decent at the end.

http://joeposnanski.com/joeblogs/good-on-kansas-state/

LOL, that's they guy who defended Joe Pa after the fact!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: May 27, 2014, 10:15:58 PM »

so our ad and academic sides are now fighting amongst themselves over who mumped up more. this definitely makes us look less clownshow'ish.

And, here is why I KNOW they are complete small time buffoons....they did all of this, risked and lost all of this, FOR rough ridin' WOMEN'S BASKETBALL!   It's just the most k-stateo thing that could occur and it did.   

Women's rough ridin' basketball, Currie....you vindictive small-minded eff of man.  eff you.  Leave.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1630 on: May 27, 2014, 10:51:46 PM »

so our ad and academic sides are now fighting amongst themselves over who mumped up more. this definitely makes us look less clownshow'ish.

And, here is why I KNOW they are complete small time buffoons....they did all of this, risked and lost all of this, FOR rough ridin' WOMEN'S BASKETBALL!   It's just the most k-stateo thing that could occur and it did.   

Women's rough ridin' basketball, Currie....you vindictive small-minded eff of man.  eff you.  Leave.

I have a personal litmus test of, "Is this a hill that I'm willing to die on?"

If I'm an AD, the is no non-revenue hill that I would.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: May 27, 2014, 10:53:20 PM »
So, what was the damage here?  Leti came out ahead.  I had the inconvenience of having to explain this PR catastrophe to everyone I came across because no one had heard of it.  Some of us encounter people who have heard of it and some these people, probably squawks, have additional ammo at their disposal during trash talk battles.  What else?

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: May 27, 2014, 10:56:37 PM »
So, what was the damage here?  Leti came out ahead.  I had the inconvenience of having to explain this PR catastrophe to everyone I came across because no one had heard of it.  Some of us encounter people who have heard of it and some these people, probably squawks, have additional ammo at their disposal during trash talk battles.  What else?

Yeah, athletes don't go into college thinking they're going to transfer in a year or two. I doubt this whole deal would be a very effective negative recruiting tactic for other schools.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: May 27, 2014, 10:58:59 PM »

I have to imagine Mittie will have a hard time recruiting in the short term.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: May 27, 2014, 11:01:31 PM »

He put together what looks to be a pretty decent recruiting class during the middle of that nonsense. I doubt it will be an issue.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: May 27, 2014, 11:01:55 PM »

Meh. There were Mittiegating circumstances. He'll be aight.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: May 27, 2014, 11:07:41 PM »

Like Deuce said, doubtful, IMO. I don't think recruits come here anticipating that they'll want to transfer. I think they'll view this as an aberration.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 11:21:36 PM by bones129 »

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: May 27, 2014, 11:11:10 PM »
The only real damage is to the fragile egos of the agendites and too cool for schoolers. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: May 27, 2014, 11:17:32 PM »

He put together what looks to be a pretty decent recruiting class during the middle of that nonsense. I doubt it will be an issue.

Okay, disregard then.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: May 27, 2014, 11:19:23 PM »
The only real damage is to the fragile egos of the agendites and too cool for schoolers.

Well said.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: May 27, 2014, 11:24:47 PM »
:cheers:

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: May 27, 2014, 11:27:23 PM »

Okay, disregard then.

Mittie put together a helluva good recruting class.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: May 27, 2014, 11:57:27 PM »
Yes, the transfer request policy and timeline was explained. It is also in the student-athlete handbook, I think.

Also in the handbook, that Currie could've granted her a transfer request (a different one than the one he denied originally, and which said denial was upheld by the committee) anytime he wanted, committee be damned.

Why does John Currie believe that all EMAWs are as stupid as some (most?)?  Or assuming nobody could believe that, why does he insist on managing things as if that was the case?

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: May 27, 2014, 11:58:42 PM »
funny how much the a.d. wants romero to now go to n colorado so the world can finally see what a whore she is.

:lol:  :thumbs:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: May 28, 2014, 05:13:50 AM »
Regardless of how it was handled down the line, it was absolutely right and proper that Currie did not allow the transfer immediately if there was suspected tampering, and there was suspected tampering.   

You don't allow transfers immediately when you suspect things like tampering by other coaches, former coaches or handlers.   The fact that it "happens all the time" or the fact that it "happens at other schools" and the litany of other stupid strawman arguments that various worried little girls on here make are irrelevant to how K-State should handle possible tampering situations.

Oh and hearty  :lol: at the usual suspects who think I am being an AD apologist.   I don't apologize for bad policy that required a transfer request go to a committee made up of a bunch of hardliners who apparently don't pay any attention to the recommendation of their own athletic director.  I don't apologize for a policy that said the ruling of a committee of hardliners is the final say on a transfer request.  I don't apologize for a compliance office who can't get it right.   

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: May 28, 2014, 05:27:32 AM »
Yes, the transfer request policy and timeline was explained. It is also in the student-athlete handbook, I think.

Also in the handbook, that Currie could've granted her a transfer request (a different one than the one he denied originally, and which said denial was upheld by the committee) anytime he wanted, committee be damned.

Why does John Currie believe that all EMAWs are as stupid as some (most?)?  Or assuming nobody could believe that, why does he insist on managing things as if that was the case?

You must be reading a different handbook.  Please point to me what section says that a final decision by the athletic director can subsequently be re-decided by said athletic director.

The handbook clearly states that once a final decision by the AD is made, the next step is to go before the committee.   Currie recommended to the committee that Romero be given her release and the committee comprised of individuals outside of the athletic department ignored his recommendation.   So, outside of now known hard liner Pat Bosco, what other hardliners comprised this committee?   Why did they ignore the recommendation of the guy in charge of the athletic department?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: May 28, 2014, 07:51:13 AM »
am i wrong in thinking that currie recommended that the comittee release her only after their initial decision to not release her? the commitee then said "duh we can't reverse our decision, dork". where is dax getting all the currie initially told them to release her and they went against it stuff? i'm pretty sure that never happened.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: May 28, 2014, 08:00:07 AM »
also, lol at the athletic department trying to make the academic side do their dirty work while simultaneously and purposefully trying to make them look bad. the athletic dept could have released her whenever they wanted to. like, pick a day within the last two months. any day. boom! that's a day that the athletic dept could have released her. it's like magic.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: May 28, 2014, 08:13:08 AM »
also, lol at the athletic department trying to make the academic side do their dirty work while simultaneously and purposefully trying to make them look bad. the athletic dept could have released her whenever they wanted to. like, pick a day within the last two months. any day. boom! that's a day that the athletic dept could have released her. it's like magic.

Not when a final AD decision had been made, per the handbook.   

Also, I misspoke, Currie asked the Committee to reconvene.   However, it's quite clear that he thought there was tampering going on, then when he felt that the tampering issue had been resolved, he requested the committee to reconvene and grant the release.   The committee has been a component of the transfer process for quite some time, not always used or needed.

You don't grant transfers if you believe there has been tampering, particularly by former staff members.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: May 28, 2014, 08:14:41 AM »

You must be reading a different handbook.  Please point to me what section says that a final decision by the athletic director can subsequently be re-decided by said athletic director.

The handbook clearly states that once a final decision by the AD is made, the next step is to go before the committee.   Currie recommended to the committee that Romero be given her release and the committee comprised of individuals outside of the athletic department ignored his recommendation.   So, outside of now known hard liner Pat Bosco, what other hardliners comprised this committee?   Why did they ignore the recommendation of the guy in charge of the athletic department?

We've done this already, but OK.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/ksu/genrel/auto_pdf/2011-12/misc_non_event/11-12SAHandbook.pdf

The Appeals Committee hears the appeal on the AD's denial of the transfer request.  In this case, the one Currie did initially.  So, it's fine for Currie to claim that the Committee's affirmation of his initial denial is final and binding and that denial can't be changed.  There is nothing that takes subsequent transfer requests out of the hands of the AD and leaves the status of a student-athlete for the rest of their time at K-State settled by some prior affirmation of a prior AD denial. 

The Committee's only role is to hear transfer denial request appeals.  They did so, and they're now out of the mix.

There was no policy change needed.  There was no reason for any delay.

[attachment deleted by admin]