Author Topic: one year delayed, eh cap'n?  (Read 218492 times)

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: one year delayed, eh cap'n?
« Reply #1450 on: May 23, 2014, 03:50:21 PM »
Mr. Currie and President Schultz,
PLEASE grant a release for Leticia Romero allowing her to go where she wants with the exceptions of another Big XII university or Northern Colorado. This is getting ridiculous and is troubling. Any young person should be able to attend the school of their choice. Universities are in the business of education. What is being taught in this situation?

K-State just hired a coach from a conference member! Coach Mitte! How would he like it if TCU had tried to limit him from taking a coaching position at a conference member?

Please reconsider and do the right thing. K-State is about the people. This is the first time under this administration that I feel embarrassed and ashamed.
Best wishes and much success to Ms. Romero. I only wish she could have fond memories rather than the horrible ones she will be left with of my university.

Sincerely,
(AuditCat)

Even the GPCers are coming around, they'll probably break John Curries inbox, those sumbitches love writin' e-mails.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: May 23, 2014, 04:23:21 PM »
New Mercury story from Kinder today.

http://themercury.com/articles/romero-exploring-other-options-to-gain-her-release

One of the issues in play is what took place — or didn’t take place — during the appeals hearing itself, led by K-State vice president of student life Pat Bosco. The committee, “comprised of individuals from the institution’s main campus and outside of athletics,” according to the school’s student-athlete handbook, failed to record the session or produce a transcript, despite assurances that it would.

Romero asked to record the hearing and after being told she could, Sonia Topliff, who works in Bosco’s office, later told Romero, it wasn’t necessary because K-State would take care of it and make it available.

“You do not have to provide your own recording equipment,” Topliff wrote in e-mail to Romero the morning of her hearing that was obtained by The Mercury. “The university will record your meeting with the hearing panel and make it available to you upon your request.”

Romero never received an audio recording or a transcript like she requested.

“Is there a transcript of tape of the hearing? No,” Jackson said. “These people knew exactly what they were doing. They didn’t want a record of it. They lied to her about recording and did not create a record of it — told her there was no copy.”
- See more at: http://themercury.com/articles/romero-exploring-other-options-to-gain-her-release#sthash.VMxvZKlk.dpuf

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: May 23, 2014, 04:38:27 PM »
Well, if Kinder won't be K-State's pawn, I suppose he can be Jackson's.  But this is seriously not the way to get into Tami's pants.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: May 23, 2014, 04:57:19 PM »
BITB pretty much just said Leti is a dumbass for wanting to leave.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: May 23, 2014, 04:59:07 PM »
This attorney is a rough ridin' tool

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: May 23, 2014, 05:07:57 PM »

http://themercury.com/articles/romero-exploring-other-options-to-gain-her-release

This is an athletic department that’s being run by third graders.

Same fuckers who set up the original gE chat room!  :shakesfist:

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: May 23, 2014, 05:09:28 PM »
No criminal action to be taken in distribution of letter

Kansas State spokesman Jeff Morris said Friday that the university had concluded nothing criminal took place in the distribution of an internal letter regarding women’s basketball player Leticia Romero.

The existence of the May 5 letter, in which athletic director John Currie asked a university committee to grant Romero a release from her scholarship, was reported in Thursday’s Mercury and other media outlets. The Mercury obtained an image of the letter from Romero’s attorney.

K-State attorney Pete Paukstelis had asked The Mercury to destroy all copies of the letter in part because they believed it had been stolen.

But after looking into it, Morris said university officials concluded the letter had been photographed using an iPhone by a former student employee during working hours in the office of Pat Bosco, who heads the committee that reviews appeals of decisions on scholarship release requests.

Morris said that student, who has since graduated and no longer works at K-State, sent the image to somebody and it eventually found its way into the hands of Romero’s attorney, Donald Jackson. Jackson sent it to The Mercury and the Wichita Eagle/Kansas City Star.

“There’s no further criminal investigation,” Morris said.

:lol:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: May 23, 2014, 05:15:00 PM »
time to check avios redemptions to belize

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: May 23, 2014, 05:33:11 PM »
No criminal action to be taken in distribution of letter

Kansas State spokesman Jeff Morris said Friday that the university had concluded nothing criminal took place in the distribution of an internal letter regarding women’s basketball player Leticia Romero.

The existence of the May 5 letter, in which athletic director John Currie asked a university committee to grant Romero a release from her scholarship, was reported in Thursday’s Mercury and other media outlets. The Mercury obtained an image of the letter from Romero’s attorney.

K-State attorney Pete Paukstelis had asked The Mercury to destroy all copies of the letter in part because they believed it had been stolen.

But after looking into it, Morris said university officials concluded the letter had been photographed using an iPhone by a former student employee during working hours in the office of Pat Bosco, who heads the committee that reviews appeals of decisions on scholarship release requests.

Morris said that student, who has since graduated and no longer works at K-State, sent the image to somebody and it eventually found its way into the hands of Romero’s attorney, Donald Jackson. Jackson sent it to The Mercury and the Wichita Eagle/Kansas City Star.

“There’s no further criminal investigation,” Morris said.

Bosco in control of the entire situation.   Pat Bosco . . . a man with zero tolerance for shenanigans.   Agendites are going to need to deal with this.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: May 23, 2014, 05:45:23 PM »

One of the issues in play is what took place — or didn’t take place — during the appeals hearing itself, led by K-State vice president of student life Pat Bosco. The committee, “comprised of individuals from the institution’s main campus and outside of athletics,” according to the school’s student-athlete handbook, failed to record the session or produce a transcript, despite assurances that it would.

Romero asked to record the hearing and after being told she could, Sonia Topliff, who works in Bosco’s office, later told Romero, it wasn’t necessary because K-State would take care of it and make it available.

“You do not have to provide your own recording equipment,” Topliff wrote in e-mail to Romero the morning of her hearing that was obtained by The Mercury. “The university will record your meeting with the hearing panel and make it available to you upon your request.”

Romero never received an audio recording or a transcript like she requested.

“Is there a transcript of tape of the hearing? No,” Jackson said. “These people knew exactly what they were doing. They didn’t want a record of it. They lied to her about recording and did not create a record of it — told her there was no copy.”
- See more at: http://themercury.com/articles/romero-exploring-other-options-to-gain-her-release#sthash.VMxvZKlk.dpuf

goddamnit Pat, this makes me sad, wtf is he doing?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: May 23, 2014, 06:00:23 PM »
K-State Admin and AD office look like goddamn buffoons. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: May 23, 2014, 06:18:49 PM »

Bosco deserves better than the amateur hour his colleagues have engaged in.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: May 23, 2014, 06:33:50 PM »

Bosco deserves better than the amateur hour his colleagues have engaged in.

The latest revelation is 100% on him and his office, seems like they intentionally hid that meeting. Why in the eff would they think it's a good idea to not record the meeting nor allow anyone else to?

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: May 23, 2014, 06:35:37 PM »
where is capn in all this is what i want to know

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: May 23, 2014, 06:50:59 PM »
Chilling as he should. You think he expected his dumbass employer to continue this escapade? Do you guys fouge for all your bosses dumbass mistakes? He's an awesome source, stop rough ridin' with the messenger. :dropsmic:

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: May 23, 2014, 06:52:30 PM »
I wish capn was here too. 

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: May 23, 2014, 07:01:17 PM »
Chilling as he should. You think he expected his dumbass employer to continue this escapade? Do you guys fouge for all your bosses dumbass mistakes? He's an awesome source, stop rough ridin' with the messenger. :dropsmic:

:dunno:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: May 23, 2014, 07:09:08 PM »
vouch

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: May 23, 2014, 07:18:40 PM »
I think Bosco would totally fall on his sword if he thought doing so was in the best interest of K-State.  I don't think that's the case here.  Leti mumped up big time and did something that royally pissed him off.  That something may have been request a transfer.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: May 23, 2014, 07:20:24 PM »

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: May 23, 2014, 07:33:48 PM »
I think Bosco would totally fall on his sword if he thought doing so was in the best interest of K-State.  I don't think that's the case here.  Leti mumped up big time and did something that royally pissed him off.  That something may have been request a transfer.

Sometimes people get meaner as they age. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: May 23, 2014, 09:53:36 PM »
Leti mumped up big time and did something that royally pissed him off.  That something may have been request a transfer.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: May 23, 2014, 10:01:46 PM »
Leti mumped up big time and did something that royally pissed him off.  That something may have been request a transfer.

Really great chum1 moment here

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: May 23, 2014, 11:22:08 PM »

Really great chum1 moment here
:moreira:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.