Author Topic: one year delayed, eh cap'n?  (Read 218915 times)

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: one year delayed, eh cap'n?
« Reply #1425 on: May 22, 2014, 09:39:34 PM »
“I just talked to Middle Tennessee,” Romero said in a text Thursday night. “They can contact me because they called the NCAA and the NCAA said once you give permission you can’t take it back.”

this bitch doesn't know how to play the game.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: May 22, 2014, 09:42:16 PM »
“I just talked to Middle Tennessee,” Romero said in a text Thursday night. “They can contact me because they called the NCAA and the NCAA said once you give permission you can’t take it back.”

she's lying

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: May 22, 2014, 09:44:32 PM »

obviously contacting the media to further her slut agenda

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: May 22, 2014, 09:45:36 PM »

she's lying

:lol:
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: May 22, 2014, 09:49:23 PM »
lol

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: May 22, 2014, 11:13:02 PM »
I know what this thread needs...

:lol:
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: May 23, 2014, 12:02:18 AM »
I mean, how hard is it just to say, "Hey, we were holding up the release, because we thought there was tampering going on. Now that we know that wasn't the case we're granting a full release to all schools not in the Big 12 or otherwise scheduled for competition with K-State in XX number of years." ???
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: May 23, 2014, 12:26:29 AM »
No one is ever going to defy Pat Bosco.  Nor should they.

Offline catz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: May 23, 2014, 07:41:59 AM »
Say, let's all cyberbully Leti.

I prefer to cyberbully Currie and the animal.  I'm afraid Leti won't understand since she is a foreigner and a woman.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: May 23, 2014, 07:46:56 AM »
pffftttt

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: May 23, 2014, 07:52:12 AM »
just want to make sure everyone caught my cool papa kinder nickname that i just gave him. that's what we're calling him from now on. just an fyi you guys. also, cpk is also acceptable.

mob forming to take down cool papa  :frown:

"Meanwhile, Kinder is doing his job. He's not employed by the university to be a mouthpiece. Instead, his job is to report on K-State athletics--the good and the bad. He's certainly a bright spot for a painfully sub-par newspaper."

I would actually argue that this is NOT true. Kinder covers sports, which means he works in the entertainment industry. His job is therefore to entertain. The fact that he is choosing to try to entertain his audience (consisting almost entirely of K-State fans) by reporting negative information about K-State is a personal choice of his, rather than just him 'doing his job'.

If it's me, Kinder never gets another inside tip or exclusive story again. He'll still get his press credentials and can attend press conferences and whatnot, but the good stories would not be going his way ever again. That's like Entertainment Weekly trashing Tom Cruise with a bunch of negative stories, and then expecting the people that work for Cruise to continue feeding them inside info. It is just not going to happen.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
5/23 6:29 AM | IP: Logged

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #1436 on: May 23, 2014, 07:59:55 AM »
"Meanwhile, Kinder is doing his job. He's not employed by the university to be a mouthpiece. Instead, his job is to report on K-State athletics--the good and the bad. He's certainly a bright spot for a painfully sub-par newspaper."

I would actually argue that this is NOT true. Kinder covers sports, which means he works in the entertainment industry. His job is therefore to entertain. The fact that he is choosing to try to entertain his audience (consisting almost entirely of K-State fans) by reporting negative information about K-State is a personal choice of his, rather than just him 'doing his job'.

If it's me, Kinder never gets another inside tip or exclusive story again. He'll still get his press credentials and can attend press conferences and whatnot, but the good stories would not be going his way ever again. That's like Entertainment Weekly trashing Tom Cruise with a bunch of negative stories, and then expecting the people that work for Cruise to continue feeding them inside info. It is just not going to happen.

Jesus Christ. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: May 23, 2014, 08:03:30 AM »
the most befuddling part of that post is that someone apparantly thinks E weekly is a gossip magazine.

Offline catz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: May 23, 2014, 08:03:34 AM »
just want to make sure everyone caught my cool papa kinder nickname that i just gave him. that's what we're calling him from now on. just an fyi you guys. also, cpk is also acceptable.

:buh-bye:

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: May 23, 2014, 08:34:10 AM »

Yeah I'm not sure this logic makes sense

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: May 23, 2014, 08:36:01 AM »
I would hate to have to cover KSU Sports and not get all of the insidery information that our Athletic Department, coaches included, provides to the press. That would be really difficult.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: May 23, 2014, 08:42:39 AM »
I wonder if Kinder tells people back home he's in the entertainment industry. I would.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: May 23, 2014, 08:54:15 AM »
John Currie will just sit at his desk developing new fund raising algorithms and praying that he never gets put in another mildly uncomfortable position with another fellow human being ever again.

Currie is our very own Peter Gregory from Silicon Valley. Great at providing us with boatloads of money; not so much on the person-to-person stuff.

Hey Leti:

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: May 23, 2014, 11:07:33 AM »
"Who is in charge of that athletic department, kindergartners???"

Oh leti's attorney, you slay us. PI'ing us hard.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: May 23, 2014, 12:42:26 PM »
why hasn't kinder posted here yet?  I think it is time for our people to get in touch with his people.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: May 23, 2014, 12:49:39 PM »
maybe pm hambone and ask hambone to try to get cpk to post here?  :dunno:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: May 23, 2014, 01:14:58 PM »
maybe pm hambone and ask hambone to try to get cpk to post here?  :dunno:

confirmed good idea. 

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: May 23, 2014, 02:25:20 PM »
kinder is usually an idiot. this is the exception.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1448 on: May 23, 2014, 02:35:39 PM »
Our fanbase can be scary sometimes.  Like Penn State fans scary.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: May 23, 2014, 02:54:29 PM »
Every new generation is weaker and wiser.