Author Topic: Official 2016 Coaching Carousel (football edition)  (Read 44090 times)

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Official 2016 Coaching Carousel (football edition)
« on: November 28, 2016, 11:47:07 AM »
We need a thread for this now that LSU and Texas have hired some people.

Let the good times roll!   :Woot:   :ksu:   :billdance:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Official 2016 Coaching Carousel (football edition)
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 03:47:50 PM »
Should we go ahead and throw 2017 on to that title?

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 04:25:46 PM »
Who do you guys think Baylor will end up with? I'm thinking maybe Bo Pelini or Dennis Franchione.

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 05:14:44 PM »
Who do you guys think Baylor will end up with? I'm thinking maybe Bo Pelini or Dennis Franchione.

I'm gonna go with Chad Morris from SMU.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 07:39:43 PM »

I'm gonna go with Chad Morris from SMU.

Sean Snyder.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2016, 07:56:43 PM »

With Morris most likely out, the names we’re hearing most often are North Carolina’s Larry Fedora, Colorado’s Mike MacIntyre and Cal’s Sonny Dykes.

http://247sports.com/Article/Baylor-football-coaching-search-Larry-Fedora-Mike-McIntyre-enter-49362625

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 08:06:59 PM »

With Morris most likely out, the names we’re hearing most often are North Carolina’s Larry Fedora, Colorado’s Mike MacIntyre and Cal’s Sonny Dykes.

http://247sports.com/Article/Baylor-football-coaching-search-Larry-Fedora-Mike-McIntyre-enter-49362625

Either i'm incredibly ignorant to their place in the college football pecking order or they are. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 08:09:55 PM »
They are so delusional.   :facepalm:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 08:36:28 PM »

Either i'm incredibly ignorant to their place in the college football pecking order or they are.
They were paying Art the father of rapests around 4.3 mil.  How much do these other coaches make?  Seems like they'll pay for who they want.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2016, 09:21:24 PM »

Power 5 conference school in Texas just outside the DFW metro with two conference championships in the last 3 years and a brand new football stadium. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2016, 09:35:45 PM »

Power 5 conference school in Texas just outside the DFW metro with two conference championships in the last 3 years and a brand new football stadium.

They have one 2017 recruit committed.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2016, 09:41:27 PM »

Hahahahahaha no freaking way. If they could get those guys Chad Morris wouldn't have been their first target.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2016, 10:08:12 PM »

Yes, baylor and scottwild are both delusional. Al Grobe wouldn't even volunteer for year 2, and smu guy told them to kick rocks.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2016, 10:10:00 PM »
Baylor should hire Art Briles.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2016, 10:10:29 PM »
Am I missing something on Sonny Dykes?  His Cal teams seem very underwhelming.  I see that list of 4 targets and he seems several notices below the rest.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2016, 10:10:39 PM »
You all have a much higher opinion of 41-45 Sonny Dykes than I do, I guess.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2016, 10:11:16 PM »
great way to shave a couple mil off art's contract
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2016, 10:15:20 PM »
Am I missing something on Sonny Dykes?  His Cal teams seem very underwhelming.  I see that list of 4 targets and he seems several notices below the rest.

He's employed and presumably has some career ambitions, thus he is unlikely to commit careet suicide at a place that is imploading and on its way to probation.

I mean, surely you at least happened to overhear what a crap show disaster baylor is right now.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2016, 12:24:49 AM »
Coaches are going to let some desperate Beaty like schmuck to clean up the mess in Waco, then they'll take the job.

Dykes is waiting for Kingsbury to get fired.

They probably won't consider him due to his connection to Briles, but they should target Philip Montgomery.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2016, 12:25:50 AM »
How about Charlie Weis for Baylor?  :lol:

Online PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2016, 07:17:45 AM »
How about Charlie Weis for Baylor?  :lol:

That would be about the only thing that could make this Baylor situation more enjoyable for the rest of the non-rapey colleges.

Quote from: scottwildcat

They have basically no recruits for their 2017 class, no coach picked out for next year, no plan for a transition, the stadium you speak of isn't that great and the university had to borrow all kinds of money to pay for it, there is still and ongoing investigation that slowly keeps trickling out atrocious details of the happenings at this school, it's a complete PR nightmare, no one knows if the NCAA is going to ever step in and institute any kind of penalty of their own, and the school just down the road in Austin hired a new and exciting coach,. No way any coach with brains is touching that situation with a ten foot pole.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2016, 08:26:36 AM »
As somebody else said, any halfway legit P5 coach isn't going to be interested until the next guy cleans it up some.  I think Baylor hoped that would be Grobe but not so much.

Baylor should just hire someone with a lot of Texas connections so the cupboard isn't bare when they bomb out.

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2016, 08:28:35 AM »
They have basically no recruits for their 2017 class, no coach picked out for next year, no plan for a transition, the stadium you speak of isn't that great and the university had to borrow all kinds of money to pay for it, there is still and ongoing investigation that slowly keeps trickling out atrocious details of the happenings at this school, it's a complete PR nightmare, no one knows if the NCAA is going to ever step in and institute any kind of penalty of their own, and the school just down the road in Austin hired a new and exciting coach,. No way any coach with brains is touching that situation with a ten foot pole.

Exactly.  There's simply not enough lipstick to put on this pig.

This would probably be a great time to take a chance on some up-and-coming assistant coach with no HC experience.  They are down to one (ONE!!) recruit for 2017 after the other bailed on Sunday.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/11/27/13757136/baylor-2017-recruiting-class-only-one-commit

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2016, 08:30:20 AM »
They may actually end up being worse than they were pre-Briles.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2016, 08:32:08 AM »
As somebody else said, any halfway legit P5 coach isn't going to be interested until the next guy cleans it up some.  I think Baylor hoped that would be Grobe but not so much.

Baylor should just hire someone with a lot of Texas connections so the cupboard isn't bare when they bomb out.

Coach Fran checks that box.