Author Topic: more than half the team will be new  (Read 12720 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: more than half the team will be new
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2013, 12:10:24 PM »
i bet self starts traylor and ellis but who knows, i haven't seen anything beyond the embiid highlights on you tube.

young pg's struggle in selfs system and tharpe will be no exception although what's rare in this case is he will be more or as experienced as the big men that he's supporting.  past pg's have had experience in the paint that they were responsible for.  this could lessen tharpe's learning curve.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2013, 12:15:29 PM »
Foster isn't a point guard beems.  Johnson and Gip? :nono:  What an inaccurate projected purple basketcats' lineup.  Not very TSC imo. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2013, 12:20:00 PM »
i bet self starts traylor and ellis but who knows, i haven't seen anything beyond the embiid highlights on you tube.

young pg's struggle in selfs system and tharpe will be no exception although what's rare in this case is he will be more or as experienced as the big men that he's supporting.  past pg's have had experience in the paint that they were responsible for.  this could lessen tharpe's learning curve.

Lucas will start.  Landen Lucas with Embiid backing him up.  Traylor will see spot minutes at the 4 behind Ellis.  Lucas is a Grade A Beefasuarus Rex Paint Monster.  He is nourished only by boardfruit and terrfying blocks and rim rattling dunks.  Though he does routinely eat other people's lunches as snacks.  Beems doesn't know of what he speaks here.  Nor 'clams.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2013, 12:21:03 PM »
Projected starting lineups for TSC next year:

'cats:

PG - Johnson/Foster
SG - Sprads
SF - Southwell
PF - Gipson
C - Johnson

'hawks:

PG - Tharpe
SG - Selden
SF - White
PF - Ellis
C - Embiid

Lots of new faces on next year's rosters, but KU will be much more inexperienced than K-State.  KU could still end up getting a couple transfers from Memphis and Alabama, and maybe a '13 recruit or two, so we'll have to wait and see how everything shakes out.  Is K-State planning on signing anyone else for next season?  TIA.
Embiid will not start.

I'd be surprised if he didn't.  His upside is through the roof, and he gives KU a shot blocking presence down low.
We are projecting what the starting 5 is for the bulk conference and into March right? 

I would guess in conference play for the cats we will have
Thomas - based how long he has been in the program
Sprads
Foster
Shane
Gip

I would guess Self plays Embiid more based on matchups and Traylor gets most of the starts

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2013, 12:28:58 PM »

Lucas will start.  Landen Lucas with Embiid backing him up.  Traylor will see spot minutes at the 4 behind Ellis.  Lucas is a Grade A Beefasuarus Rex Paint Monster.  He is nourished only by boardfruit and terrfying blocks and rim rattling dunks.  Though he does routinely eat other people's lunches as snacks.  Beems doesn't know of what he speaks here.  Nor 'clams.

ya you're right i forgot about him.  low KUBMIQ on ol' clamsy this morning.  WHERE'S MY CAFFEINE??   GET IT OVER HERE STAT!!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2013, 01:25:01 PM »
Foster isn't a point guard beems.  Johnson and Gip? :nono:  What an inaccurate projected purple basketcats' lineup.  Not very TSC imo.

Foster's a combo guard at 6'2.  He could play the point.  No one knows how good K-State's recruiting class will be, but on the surface, it looks like a class that would be solid for a mid major.  I don't know how anyone can project the point guard position for K-State next year.  As for Johnson and Gip, they're the two best returning post players for K-State.  I guess Weber could go small again next year with Southwell at the four, but Southwell is going to be the go-to scorer next season for K-State.  I could see Southwell moving back to the three and coming off of multiple screens, kind of how McGruder was utilized last year.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2013, 01:28:46 PM »

Watched Lucas in a high school game up here in Oregon.  He's good, but he still needs to develop some upper body strength.  He redshirted last year for a reason.  Embiid is a legit 7-footer who can hit threes and do between the legs dunks.  He was regarded as one of the top four overall players at the recent Nike Hoops Summit (along with Wiggins and two other international prospects), and he's only been playing competitive basketball for 2 1/2 years now.  Rivals just bumped Embiid to a 5-star, and after his performance at the Nike Hoops Summit, word is that Embiid could be a one and done.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2013, 01:30:17 PM »
Beems, do you think your line up will be good enough to beat the Pokes?

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2013, 01:38:14 PM »
Beems, do you think your line up will be good enough to beat the Pokes?

Just depends on how quickly the freshmen develop and adjust to big-time D-1 hoops.  Selden, Embiid, and Greene all look like guys who could make a huge impact next season.  Frankcamp and Mason will likely be program players who are really, really good by their third or fourth year.  Tharpe, Ellis, Traylor, White, and Lucas will have to make big improvements next season as well.  I'm pretty confident in Tharpe after the way he performed at the end of last season.  He's got good handles, and he can drain the outside jumpshot.  Ellis came on strong towards the end of last season as well. 

Oklahoma State will be good again next year, but I'm not convinced that Marcus Smart is as good as the hype would suggest.  He needs to improve his shooting ability and find a way to score other than relying on officials to make calls when he jumps into the defender.  Nash and Brown are good, not great.  Okie State needs a legit post presence, and I still don't see that on next year's roster.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2013, 01:44:30 PM »
I doubt we start DJamer and Gip as well together either but that would mean starting 2 fr

Nino at PF.

With this big of a freshman class, and so few impact players returning, I would imagine that oscar will try to get his freshman as much PT as possible. I see Westicles starting at SF. Nino is not the future at PF, so I doubt we move Shane to SF, which would effectively take Westicles out of the equation this year. Also, there is not proof that Shane would be near as effective at that position. It could just be a coincidence that Shane's leap in production came when he was moved to PF, but I doubt it.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2013, 03:31:57 PM »
To be a combo guard you need to have some point guard skills.  Foster doesn't.  Being 6'2" doesn't make you a combo guard beems. 

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2013, 03:41:01 PM »
they're shitty

probably just need some inspiration <- but with wills girlfriend

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2013, 04:07:35 PM »
To be a combo guard you need to have some point guard skills.  Foster doesn't.  Being 6'2" doesn't make you a combo guard beems.

Fitz was saying Foster might split time at the pg/sg position next year.  Called him a "combo guard."  He also said that Jevon Thomas is a partial qualifier and won't be eligible to play until 2nd semester.  That's why I've got Johnson/Foster splitting time in my projected starting rotation. 

:dunno:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2013, 07:38:50 PM »
Apparently Fitz has no idea what he's talking about.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2013, 07:59:20 PM »
Apparently Fitz has no idea what he's talking about.

It's like you've followed Fitz for years.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2013, 08:12:36 PM »

Fitz was saying Foster might split time at the pg/sg position next year.  Called him a "combo guard."  He also said that Jevon Thomas is a partial qualifier and won't be eligible to play until 2nd semester.  That's why I've got Johnson/Foster splitting time in my projected starting rotation. 

:dunno:

The HBBIQ speculation on this board has been that Foster would be better suited to play SF instead of PG, if he was going to play out of his natural position of SG.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2013, 10:03:46 PM »

I see where you went wrong.

Offline AndrewVonLintel

• Purple Prince Thrice Crowned in MMXIII
  • Combo-Fan
  • Purple Get Ready To Roll!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2013, 10:41:03 PM »
Our best shot for being good next year is for Shane and Will to start averaging 25 points per game a piece.      :horrorsurprise:

In short, we are pretty much screwed.

:curse:

Thank God for Football.      :lynchmob:
Hire Brad Underwood Now!!!!!!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2013, 10:42:17 PM »
they're shitty

probably just need some inspiration <- but with wills girlfriend

Great post, great movie

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2013, 04:49:47 PM »
Embiid has really shot up the rankings, Beems.  :thumbs:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2013, 06:33:00 PM »
Beems, grats on pulling that big C out of Gainesville.  Did FL not want him?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2013, 07:46:10 PM »
Embiid was the steal of the year. Great scout job by Self.