Author Topic: K-State basketball and the tipping point of the fulcrum...  (Read 30596 times)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: K-State basketball and the tipping point of the fulcrum...
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2015, 11:56:35 PM »
I don't think he was declared ineligible at that point right? 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Missouriscribe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2015, 11:58:30 PM »
Loved it. 

I would be a joy to hear the OP read by Morgan Freeman or Tom Rinaldi or such.
Frank caliendo

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2015, 12:09:13 AM »
I don't think he was declared ineligible at that point right?

He was never declared ineligible, Currie made unilateral decision suspend him while the investigation of how he got the money happening.

Frank had a lot to lose personally if he played Jamar, he certainly would have been fired and likely sold out to the NCAA by Currie. It's much harder find a job as an insubordinate NCAA cheat.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2015, 12:09:42 AM »
Loved it. 

I would be a joy to hear the OP read by Morgan Freeman or Tom Rinaldi or such.
Frank caliendo

No.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2015, 12:23:45 AM »
I've decided that I blame Frank more than Currie. If your boss tells you to do something, you just say "Yes, boss!" even if you plan to totally disregard what your boss just said. Frank was just too unsophisticated and honest.
Yeah

I don't know if Frank leaves without Currie doing what he did to Jamar, but I don't know how anyone could fault Frank for having enough at that point. The difference between Frank, Deb, and Bill wasn't any kind of unsophistication but it was options. Frank didn't have to put up with it so he didn't.

He doesn't have to deal with any of it if he just says, "Yeah, boss. Agree 100%!" How much is that to ask?

Frank could do that or try his luck elsewhere. As MIR has been preaching lately, good players and coaches think they are good and want to be the guy. Frank thought that he could be put into a mid-to-low tier program and make them relevant in order to prove his worth and then move up from there if he wanted. Assuming he believed he is a good/great coach, how can you be mad at him for choosing that option instead of the option to put up with Currie?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2015, 12:41:30 AM »
I've decided that I blame Frank more than Currie. If your boss tells you to do something, you just say "Yes, boss!" even if you plan to totally disregard what your boss just said. Frank was just too unsophisticated and honest.
Yeah

I don't know if Frank leaves without Currie doing what he did to Jamar, but I don't know how anyone could fault Frank for having enough at that point. The difference between Frank, Deb, and Bill wasn't any kind of unsophistication but it was options. Frank didn't have to put up with it so he didn't.

He doesn't have to deal with any of it if he just says, "Yeah, boss. Agree 100%!" How much is that to ask?

Frank could do that or try his luck elsewhere. As MIR has been preaching lately, good players and coaches think they are good and want to be the guy. Frank thought that he could be put into a mid-to-low tier program and make them relevant in order to prove his worth and then move up from there if he wanted. Assuming he believed he is a good/great coach, how can you be mad at him for choosing that option instead of the option to put up with Currie?

I said that I blamed him more than Currie. He can certainly leave, but if he gets another coaching job, he'll also get another boss with whom he sometimes disagrees. Maybe he should start a business and be his own boss.

The Big Train

« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2015, 12:43:32 AM »
Yeah

I said that I blamed him more than Currie. He can certainly leave, but if he gets another coaching job, he'll also get another boss with whom he sometimes disagrees. Maybe he should start a business and be his own boss.

this is kind of hard to do in coaching

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2015, 12:47:52 AM »
Bar bouncer academy?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2015, 12:50:17 AM »

The Big Train

« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2015, 12:51:18 AM »
he didnt start that business tho, he was just best in the business

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2015, 01:05:23 AM »
Yeah

Oversimplifying what happened certainly makes your point easier to make. This was far from the standard employee having disagreements with his boss. Let's also stop pretending that Frank chronic issues getting along with his bosses, evidence supports the opposite.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2015, 01:25:51 AM »
Yeah

Oversimplifying what happened certainly makes your point easier to make. This was far from the standard employee having disagreements with his boss. Let's also stop pretending that Frank chronic issues getting along with his bosses, evidence supports the opposite.

I don't see why whether or not it is on par with a standard disagreement matters. It's his fault that he didn't have the wool pulled over Currie's eyes. He wasn't smart enough.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2015, 01:39:36 AM »
:lol:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2015, 02:27:05 AM »
I mean, if you think part of your job is dealing with people like Curtis Malone, you'd have to be pretty naive to expect to have an open, candid relationship with your AD.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2015, 12:40:21 PM »

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2015, 01:52:15 PM »
I'm just glad FAN made this post so that Weber gets fired within two months.

Not enough data to assume this

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2015, 02:05:35 PM »

The FANman succeeded getting the only two coaches fired in 20 years fired within two months. Good enuff. I'll put an extra fruit and nut cornucopia in the ksu_FAN grotto, just to be safe.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2015, 02:07:27 PM »

The FANman succeeded getting the only two coaches fired in 20 years fired within two months. Good enuff. I'll put an extra fruit and nut cornucopia in the ksu_FAN grotto, just to be safe.

Tom made it another season. He actually made the postseason the year he lost me.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2015, 02:10:03 PM »
There were people of substantial importance at USCe who wanted Frank fired after his absurd tirade recorded by ESPN cameras last year, and its beyond a shadow of doubt that Frank had/has to improve dramatically this year both in wins and behavior or he's likely gone.   

So 2 jobs, two AD's having to deal with substantial Frank Martin behavioral issues, but there's still dumbasses in this forum who continue to blame everyone else but Frank.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2015, 02:13:27 PM »

Tom made it another season. He actually made the postseason the year he lost me.
Not helping nurture hope or your cult following saying that.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2015, 02:15:51 PM »
There's also still dumbasses who think Frank deserves leeway because he wins, when to date the guy has placed exactly ZERO trophies of importance in the trophy case.   

No AD is going to fall on their sword in the face of dealing with a maniac who brings an empty trophy case to the equation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2015, 02:22:37 PM »
kick their asses, dax