Author Topic: K-State basketball and the tipping point of the fulcrum...  (Read 30594 times)

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: K-State basketball and the tipping point of the fulcrum...
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2015, 10:06:14 PM »
Quote from Weber postgame:
"When our coaches play hard in practice, Coach Frazier, our guys don't like it..they say it's not basketball.. and that's what happened in the second half. OSU played hard and our guys don't like it."
How can hearing/reading that Currie not reach for his whose-available rollerdeck? It's an open admission of coaching ineptitude. A real coach would say "tough crap" and double down after having the team run lines for 20 minutes. I'm sure it's a complaint Frank never heard.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2015, 10:08:21 PM »
"When our coaches play hard in practice, Coach Frazier, our guys don't like it..they say it's not basketball.. and that's what happened in the second half. OSU played hard and our guys don't like it."
How can hearing/reading that Currie not reach for his whose-available rollerdeck? It's an open admission of coaching ineptitude. A real coach would say "tough crap" and double down after having the team run lines for 20 minutes. I'm sure it's a complaint Frank never heard.

fanning sock?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2015, 10:15:16 PM »

He will never say anything here worse than that Nino quote, it's horrendous.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2015, 10:16:17 PM »
One more point on our current eFG% defense. I decided to go back and look at eFG% defense for every season since the 3PT line came into existence in 1987. This year's eFG% allowed of 51.6% is the 2nd worst over that 29 year span; only 1989 was worse at 51.8%.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2015, 10:19:25 PM »
One more point on our current eFG% defense. I decided to go back and look at eFG% defense for every season since the 3PT line came into existence in 1987. This year's eFG% allowed of 51.6% is the 2nd worst over that 29 year span; only 1989 was worse at 51.8%.

Lon's teams must have been very gifted offensively. I guess officiating played a big role in those numbers as well.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
K-State basketball and the tipping point of the fulcrum...
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2015, 10:22:58 PM »
Of note, 1989 was the peak of eFG% for college hoops.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2015, 10:25:15 PM »
This thread is sad.   Just accept the fact that Frank acted like a big baby and left K-State.   

Also, don't think for one second that Frank hasn't been placed on notice by USCe administrators regarding his behavior/ demeanor . . . Hell, they suspended his ass for verbal abuse and Currie just made him apologize for laying hands on a player in an angry fashion. 

So all this pining for Frank....and that's what it really is, isn't going to change the fact that he was a huge baby who bailed on Kstate, who now realizes he can't bail every time his bosses call him for being a dick, so he's calmed down significantly. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2015, 10:26:03 PM »
You can do whatever the hell you want if you can win. That's not a secret. Well, apparently it's a secret to John Currie.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2015, 10:26:53 PM »

This thread is sad.   Just accept the fact that Frank acted like a big baby and left K-State.   

Also, don't think for one second that Frank hasn't been placed on notice by USCe administrators regarding his behavior/ demeanor . . . Hell, they suspended his ass for verbal abuse and Currie just made him apologize for laying hands on a player in an angry fashion. 

So all this pining for Frank....and that's what it really is, isn't going to change the fact that he was a huge baby who bailed on Kstate, who now realizes he can't bail every time his bosses call him for being a dick, so he's calmed down significantly. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't/don't deny any if that.

My post was mainly about basketball results on the floor and stuff.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2015, 10:37:41 PM »
I've decided that I blame Frank more than Currie. If your boss tells you to do something, you just say "Yes, boss!" even if you plan to totally disregard what your boss just said. Frank was just too unsophisticated and honest.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2015, 10:41:57 PM »
I've decided that I blame Frank more than Currie. If your boss tells you to do something, you just say "Yes, boss!" even if you plan to totally disregard what your boss just said. Frank was just too unsophisticated and honest.
Yeah

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2015, 10:53:32 PM »

Most good bosses don't put their subordinates in that position, specifically good employees. You can ignore the fact that Currie has had widely reported issues with the high profile head coaches, I won't.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2015, 10:59:43 PM »
The power structure between coaches of D1 revenue producing and ADs is nothing like that of most bosses/employees.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2015, 11:01:36 PM »
Great OP.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2015, 11:06:32 PM »
It scares me that it will take more than 1 season (this season) for the oscar lovers to get it.  It will likely take multiple seasons of this before we reach a tipping point.  What scares me the most is that we will be looking for a new football coach at that point, we'll be mired in mediocrity, and no one will care.  K-State basketball could be such an after thought because of our horrible non-combo tuck fan base that we could be on the precipice of a decade  or longer period of not just mediocre, but bad basketball.   

Our saving grace is Brad.  Hopefully he won't spurn us like GP did.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2015, 11:07:42 PM »
The power structure between coaches of D1 revenue producing and ADs is nothing like that of most bosses/employees.

Yeah. Coaches are given much more room and autonomy than employees in other fields. Although, exceptional people get many more chances to mess up than the non exceptional.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2015, 11:11:01 PM »
That 57-42 Nebraska loss at home was my freshman year _FAN. Saddest thing ever. By the time I was a senior we were in the elite eight. Now I'm almost 5 years out and here we are. I hope Brad comes back.
emaw

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2015, 11:12:39 PM »
I doubt brad gives john Currie the time of day

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2015, 11:13:43 PM »
Yeah

I don't know if Frank leaves without Currie doing what he did to Jamar, but I don't know how anyone could fault Frank for having enough at that point. The difference between Frank, Deb, and Bill wasn't any kind of unsophistication but it was options. Frank didn't have to put up with it so he didn't.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2015, 11:15:27 PM »

It's not all that unusual for a subordinate to make more money and be much more valuable to their company than their superior. There are pro athletes, for example, but I also know first hand of cases in tech.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2015, 11:23:20 PM »
Yeah

I don't know if Frank leaves without Currie doing what he did to Jamar, but I don't know how anyone could fault Frank for having enough at that point. The difference between Frank, Deb, and Bill wasn't any kind of unsophistication but it was options. Frank didn't have to put up with it so he didn't.

He doesn't have to deal with any of it if he just says, "Yeah, boss. Agree 100%!" How much is that to ask?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2015, 11:26:11 PM »
Yeah

He doesn't have to deal with any of it if he just says, "Yeah, boss. Agree 100%!" How much is that to ask?

It would've been pretty awesome one way or another if he'd gone that route in the hotel room and then played Jamar anyway.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2015, 11:28:28 PM »
Yeah

It would've been pretty awesome one way or another if he'd gone that route in the hotel room and then played Jamar anyway.

Yes!

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2015, 11:45:09 PM »
Oh man, that would have been amazing. I mean, at that point, what did he have to lose?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2015, 11:48:44 PM »
I can't even guess what would've happened.  Would they have had to sneak Jamar out to the bench once the game started?  Would Currie have tried to stop it himself when Jamar checked in?  :love: