Author Topic: Fostering division; OSU ADV  (Read 14632 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Fostering division; OSU ADV
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2015, 10:39:46 PM »
Don't be rubes. He's trying to motivate him. It might work.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2015, 10:49:11 PM »

Come on man

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2015, 10:52:07 PM »

Different people respond to different things.

Come on man

The Big Train

« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2015, 10:55:24 PM »
im sure going through the media is the best way to get through to nino

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2015, 10:59:27 PM »

Come on man
Different people respond to different things.

So there should be no regard for the words he uses and the situation in which he's motivating? Even if we give him the benefit of the doubt he hasn't earned and assume this was a motivational ploy, what said the timing and manner in which it was said is rough ridin' awful.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2015, 03:09:39 AM »

I think he and Nick are good.  There's still some communication issues w/Frank being in the eastern time zone, but they work it out.

well i of course enjoyed this

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2015, 08:54:02 AM »
After his (hugs) initial recruiting class and crew of transfers, the program was obviously declining. Recruiting was bad. Weber picked it up the last two years and then we get hit in the face with this crap.

Frank's teams often started slow and had struggles, but nothing like this.

The point is, we deserve better than both.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2015, 09:40:20 AM »
Did Nino really hate him?

If he didn't certainly followed Suther's orders. I thought was later revealed the exodus was just Will and Nino :dunno:

“Nino’s got to play well,” Weber said. “He had his best run as a player, now he just lays an egg the last three games. This has been the M.O. for his career. He’ll have a few good games here and there. Never consistent.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article5395284.html#storylink=cpy

Wow

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2015, 09:54:09 AM »
Kinda Charlie Weisish

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2015, 12:40:49 PM »
Did Nino really hate him?

If he didn't certainly followed Suther's orders. I thought was later revealed the exodus was just Will and Nino :dunno:

“Nino’s got to play well,” Weber said. “He had his best run as a player, now he just lays an egg the last three games. This has been the M.O. for his career. He’ll have a few good games here and there. Never consistent.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article5395284.html#storylink=cpy

HOLY crap! That's scorched earth.

It's like a carbon copy of the crap he said the year he got fired at Illinois.  Uncanny or not all really.

Weber was hard on his players, pointing out Leonard's lack of effort in the first half against Purdue.

"Meyers can't have horrible body language," Weber said. "The first half he walked around. This is our desperation game; he walked up and down the court. It can't happen. He's got to change. We're not doing him justice if we don't make him change."

http://espn.go.com/chicago/ncb/story/_/id/7582029/frustrated-illinois-fighting-illini-coach-oscar-weber-clarifies-remarks

Kansas State coach oscar Weber made a point to praise Oklahoma State guard Phil Forte, who scored 20 points and made three of seven three-pointers.

“That dude, he’s just a tough, little feisty bugger,” Weber said. “You’ve got to love a kid like that. He fights every play, whether he makes baskets or not. You’ve got to love how hard he competes and loves to play. That’s why he’s won. We just don’t have that. I think Thomas Gipson wants to, but it’s hard when your big guy is the guy that’s doing that. We need somebody to be that competitive, feisty guy.”

Weber praised Purdue's leadership and questioned his own players.

"(Purdue's Robbie Hummel), Draymond (Green), Aaron (Craft), those are three guys you wish you could coach because they really, truly care about the team and winning," Weber said. "That's the most important thing for them.

"I think Tracy (Abrams) has a chance. He played with great heart (Wednesday). The problem is he's our leader (as a freshman). That's the problem. He's the one talking after the game in the locker room."

"The sad thing about the whole thing, and I guess it's my fault, is instead of creating toughness and developing a team, I coached not to lose all year," Weber said.

"Instead of developing people, I'm worried about winning. Maybe sit Meyers down three weeks ago or a month ago or two months ago. And Brandon (Paul). But that's my fault. You've got to develop a culture and I think the last three years all I did was worry about winning instead of developing a culture and a toughness. And that's my fault."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger-college-basketball-blog/oscar-weber-latest-presser-had-feel-concession-speech-072120679.html

"I think a couple of my biggest weaknesses as a person, as a coach, is that at times I speak with a lot of honesty, and I also care too much," Weber said Friday. "I think, too, I'm very hard on myself, a lot of times harder on myself than I should be, but that's just how I am.

"Obviously, I've been disappointed I haven't been able to get the toughness out of our guys. That's the difference in a lot of close games. There's no doubt about that. I probably could have expressed that in a little different language, whatever, a little different tone of voice. That's just how it happened."

Weber discussed his comments with his players.

"They said, 'We got to be tougher,' " Weber said. "I said, 'That's exactly right.' I also said, 'Who did I mainly blame?' They said, 'You always take the blame for everything, coach.' Some of them said, 'The problem is it's us who has to take the blame and take the accountability.' "

"The people who know me (know) I'm a fighter," Weber said. "By no means would I ever think that our season was over or I had given up on anybody. In fact, it's the other way.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/ncb/story/_/id/7586669/illinois-coach-oscar-weber-says-resign

:love:
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2015, 12:51:19 PM »
Jesus, it's almost like he's the same coach he was at Illinois

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2015, 12:52:24 PM »
The "my biggest weakness is I care too much" line is amazing

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2015, 12:55:38 PM »

Shocking.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2015, 01:15:10 PM »
dunno but I don't think that oscar is smart enough to be trying to use these comments in the media as a motivational tool

my guess is that he lacks the tact and intelligence to filter his comments when the media sets him up with questions that could result in answers like what are highlighted in this thread

not trying to give him an excuse- I just really think he's a bumbling rough ridin' idiot

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2015, 01:18:23 PM »
not trying to give him an excuse- I just really think he's a bumbling rough ridin' idiot

I've never really understood how he became a high-level coach based on his personality. It almost seems like he doesn't really want to and is just happy to be here with no idea how it happened.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2015, 01:57:51 PM »
The "my biggest weakness is I care too much" line is amazing

My favorite is where he recounts the convo he allegedly had with his players.  Seems legit. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2015, 02:07:48 PM »

I totally agree.  I remember formulating this opinion when he took over at Illinois, and reading about his fake funeral for Bill Self and the ridiculous comments he made during that time about Self.   So, the day he was announced as our head coach I was very angry.  I want him to just go away.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2015, 02:13:23 PM »
I'm sure John Currie will do better next time!

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2015, 02:17:06 PM »
I just hope that next time Currie does a little more research about whether or not coaching candidates have a history of calling out players in post game interviews.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2015, 02:43:41 PM »

Shocking.

yeah. I was expecting the fifty year old to totally change who he was but he apparently couldn't. surprise, surprise.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2015, 02:44:16 PM »
Having a problem with oscar calling an inconstant player inconstant, is insane. Everybody knows Nino has been inconstant. Also oscar appears to change on how he handling somethings. Said he wished he sat Meyers now has sat Foster. Some of his criticism is bat crap crazy.

Fair criticism would be how Westicles and Foster have come out so dull this season. Why do they appear not to be bought into the program anymore? Is this oscar's doing? Will this become a trend?

I also don't think defense is no longer the problem, has turned around in the process of the last 2.5 games. Scoring is becoming a huge issue and is compounded with youthful point guard play.

We are a Gip injury away from a nightmare situation.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2015, 02:45:23 PM »

I've never really understood how he became a high-level coach based on his personality. It almost seems like he doesn't really want to and is just happy to be here with no idea how it happened.
the "how" is pretty straight forward, he spent 18 years on the bench of a well respected b10 coach in a tightly knit business.  but it's not just the coaching profession, if anyone sticks around long enough, eventually they will get a shot, Illinois was guilty of giving him that chance, and guilty of not realizing their mistake sooner than they should have.

currie was just incompetent, there's really no excuse for his error in judgement when making the hire that he did. and that is what's scary.

I've always said we shouldn't be angry with oscar- any of us would take the money, the real problem with all of this is that we have an AD who somehow thought that hiring oscar was doing the right thing.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2015, 02:48:58 PM »

Having a problem with oscar calling an inconstant player inconstant, is insane. Everybody knows Nino has been inconstant. Also oscar appears to change on how he handling somethings. Said he wished he sat Meyers now has sat Foster. Some of his criticism is bat crap crazy.

Fair criticism would be how Westicles and Foster have come out so dull this season. Why do they appear not to be bought into the program anymore? Is this oscar's doing? Will this become a trend?

I also don't think defense is no longer the problem, has turned around in the process of the last 2.5 games. Scoring is becoming a huge issue and is compounded with youthful point guard play.

nino doing well or doing shitty isn't the problem with this team.  he's a 6 ft 4 inch power forward.  oscar seems to think otherwise, which tells me he doesn't know crap about the team he's getting paid to coach

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2015, 02:50:20 PM »
I just hope that next time Currie does a little more research about whether or not coaching candidates have a history of calling out players in post game interviews.

And hosting fake funerals.  Watch out for that too.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2015, 02:52:14 PM »

Oh defense is still a huge problem, but not having great (or even good) offense is a big problem. We had a great offensive game against aTm (and a terrible Savannah State team), but other than that our offense has been below 1.00 points per possession for the last month. TOs still are the biggest issue, but we aren't shooting it well either. If we continue to allow teams to shoot 51% or better then yeah, this is a serious recipe for disaster.