Author Topic: Cats MBB Big 12 conference record predictions  (Read 5214 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Cats MBB Big 12 conference record predictions
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2015, 09:50:54 PM »
I wouldn't be shocked if we win 7

What are you talking about? Are you doing gymnastics to be contrarian? I know it's hard to come to terms with us being so bad but if you believe in metrics at all, the only way to get to 7 wins is with magic dust.  The numbers tell you we are horrible and that doesn't even account for all of the immeasurables which are seemingly worse than the measurables.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2015, 09:53:09 PM »
Since the start of the 18 game schedule, less than six wins has happened six times. Two teams per year on average.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2015, 09:56:18 PM »

What are you talking about? Are you doing gymnastics to be contrarian? I know it's hard to come to terms with us being so bad but if you believe in metrics at all, the only way to get to 7 wins is with magic dust.  The numbers tell you we are horrible and that doesn't even account for all of the immeasurables which are seemingly worse than the measurables.
Kenpom has us at 5-13. 2 games either direction isn't an oddball variance.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2015, 10:08:28 PM »
 :'bye cruel world:

Was that 5-13 before today? Either way an 11 percent variance when you're predicted to only win 27% of your games is pretty significant. I'm okay with using kenpom for this but kenpom can't account for what's happening with Foster and the head coach publicly calling a senior, essentially, a career long loser.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2015, 10:12:22 PM »
I made a prediction of 7-11 after the Texas Southern game, and that was being generous. Looks like a huge long-shot now.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2015, 10:13:31 PM »

Was that 5-13 before today? Either way an 11 percent variance when you're predicted to only win 27% of your games is pretty significant. I'm okay with using kenpom for this but kenpom can't account for what's happening with Foster and the head coach publicly calling a senior, essentially, a career long loser.
Yeah. But winning 7 conference games wouldn't be much more shocking than what's happened so far. I don't expect it to happen, but wouldn't be shocked if it did.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2015, 10:14:23 PM »
 :lol: at this team competing with Kansas. Self is going to mop the floor with Weber.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2015, 10:15:21 PM »
I'd like to think we will win one. My guess is we'll be ahead at halftime in more than half.

We've been ahead at half in each our past three games (all losses).

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2015, 10:16:45 PM »

What senior did he say that about? :curse:

#TheWesIsTheFuture

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2015, 10:18:18 PM »

Yeah. But winning 7 conference games wouldn't be much more shocking than what's happened so far. I don't expect it to happen, but wouldn't be shocked if it did.

Let's revisit this on Wednesday night. Also I didn't mean to put that flush thing in response to your post, didn't even notice it was there, must have fat fingered it, sorry.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2015, 10:20:23 PM »

#TheWesIsTheFuture

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=34203.msg1290599#msg1290599

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2015, 07:39:17 AM »

definitely not.  it's much easier to go from horrible to mediocre than from mediocre to good.  and the more obvious and glaring a problem is, the easier it should be to fix.  other than a limited number of ballhandlers, i don't see anything about this team that can't be fixed and fixed pretty easily (disclaimer, didn't see today's game, haven't really watched them all that much all year).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2015, 10:14:32 AM »
I'd like to think we will win one. My guess is we'll be ahead at halftime in more than half.

We were losing at half against Georgia.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2015, 12:18:10 PM »

We were losing at half against Georgia.

Wyatt Thompson lied to me! :shakesfist:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2015, 12:42:19 PM »

#TheWesIsTheFuture

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=34203.msg1290599#msg1290599

I hate oscar. Will pi in person when I see him. Let him know what his m.o. is.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2015, 03:33:33 PM »
Come on, SDK. How do you hate oscar?  He's not doing a great or even good job, but he is not someone to hate,  jfc

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2015, 08:03:39 PM »
I think we win zero games. oscar loses everyone and we crumble.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2015, 09:48:26 PM »
Team is lost, I don't think the team will stay at the level it is at. It is either going to go one way or the other.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2015, 09:54:55 PM »
Team is lost, I don't think the team will stay at the level it is at. It is either going to go one way or the other.

wut

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2015, 09:59:44 PM »

wut

They will either buy in and play at a higher level than 5-13 or they will imploded and struggle beyond all belief worse than 5-13.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2015, 10:03:54 PM »

wut

They will either buy in and play at a higher level than 5-13 or they will imploded and struggle beyond all belief worse than 5-13.

NO THEY ARE DEFINITELY GOING EXACTLY 5-13.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2015, 10:05:19 PM »
I think we win zero games. oscar loses everyone and we crumble.

Try harder. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2015, 11:05:41 PM »

wut

So you think it's highly unlikely they will go exactly 5-13? Everyone agrees with you.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2015, 02:16:43 PM »
1-17, we beat KU in Lawrence.