Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 983529 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #10425 on: May 29, 2018, 09:22:25 AM »
Got my first biz account approved.  :driving:

Questions: This doesn’t count towards 5/24 correct? I got it so I was under but it doesn’t add to my total right?

The guy at Chase was kind of a dumbass. He said I needed to set up a business profile to see my stuff online and then I could call and merge the biz profile with my personal, but it would all be under the new biz profile. I asked what happens if I do that and then cancel my only biz card. His head exploded and he had no idea. Does it even matter? I just want all of my cards to show up in the same spot if possible. I also don’t want to ever call them if possible. Do I really have to call them to merge?

TIA

yeah, I have two seperate logins for business and personal cards at chase. it won't count against your 5/24.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #10426 on: May 29, 2018, 09:35:45 AM »
So you just don’t merge them? Any reason why? Can you transfer points between biz and personal cards without linking?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10427 on: May 29, 2018, 09:40:28 AM »
The Chase people are intentionally obtuse.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10428 on: May 29, 2018, 10:44:36 AM »
I've never had them separated as far as different logins.  When I got a biz card and logged into my regular chase account, it was just there, although categorized as biz while the rest were categorized as personal.

Offline Cardiac Cats

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10429 on: May 29, 2018, 12:02:32 PM »
I got a 60k delta gold amex offer in the mail, but I've already had that card. I read all the fine print and there is no verbiage about not getting the bonus if you've already had the card :Wha:

mrstdaver got one of those a few months ago.  Ended up getting her the Plat for 70k instead so never followed up on the details of having the card previously.  Find out and report back.

Received the mail offer as well, applied this morning and got approved instantly. Previously had the card June 2015 thru May 2016.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10430 on: May 29, 2018, 12:08:06 PM »
i have separate logins.  never heard that they could be on one login.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10431 on: May 29, 2018, 12:12:03 PM »
So you just don’t merge them? Any reason why? Can you transfer points between biz and personal cards without linking?

no. lazy. yes.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10432 on: May 29, 2018, 12:13:17 PM »
I got a 60k delta gold amex offer in the mail, but I've already had that card. I read all the fine print and there is no verbiage about not getting the bonus if you've already had the card :Wha:

mrstdaver got one of those a few months ago.  Ended up getting her the Plat for 70k instead so never followed up on the details of having the card previously.  Find out and report back.

Received the mail offer as well, applied this morning and got approved instantly. Previously had the card June 2015 thru May 2016.

well, amex will approve you but that doesn't mean they'll give you the sign up bonus. they may in this instance, I don't know. but they are well known for just not giving it to you without letting you know if you've had the card before.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10433 on: May 29, 2018, 01:19:29 PM »
i have separate logins.  never heard that they could be on one login.

I have two separate logins. But I called and had them merged. So now if I log in with the "business" login info all the business and personal are there. If I log in with the personal log in, only the personal are there.

Offline Cardiac Cats

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10434 on: May 29, 2018, 04:39:59 PM »

well, amex will approve you but that doesn't mean they'll give you the sign up bonus. they may in this instance, I don't know. but they are well known for just not giving it to you without letting you know if you've had the card before.

Right, have some large expenses (non travel) coming up though. I'm 5/24 with 2 falling off soon, figure I didn't have much to lose.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #10438 on: June 01, 2018, 09:46:44 PM »
Marriotts new combined program is actually really good but there’s no way I can make lifetime platinum before end of year :(

Update

I started this adventure with a little under 1,000,000 lifetime points

- Got a 10k bonus and 80k (so far) in referrals for the new 100k Marriott card
- Some more points from work stays and spend on cards
- Signed my wife up for the two cards she could get, Marriott biz and new 100k Marriott
- Transferred my entire balance of 452k to my SPG account, then from my SPG to my wife's SPG, then from her SPG to her Marriott.  This does not deduct from my current lifetime balance and in the process Marriott loses track of the points basically.
- Called Marriott and booked a 20 night stay in Kauai for 640,000 points and had them transfer my wife's 640,000 points to my account to pay for it (you are allowed to transfer an unlimited amount once per year if it is satisfying a booking).  I will cancel this stay and the points will come back to my account, in effect I have transferred my points to myself for double credit, plus got lifetime credit from her points too.
- I now have 1,851,741 lifetime points, with the 80k still coming from referrals, and 723 nights.
- After some more stays and topping off with Chase UR, plus doing two "meetings" for 10 night credits apiece, I will arrive at the 2,000,000+ required points and 750+ required nights to obtain Lifetime Platinum status sometime in July, which will then convert to Lifetime Platinum Premier in August

sweet
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 09:49:46 PM by GoodForAnother »
emaw

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10439 on: June 01, 2018, 10:44:02 PM »
:Wha:

That is some elite travel hacking.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10440 on: June 02, 2018, 03:28:30 AM »
Holy crap

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10441 on: June 02, 2018, 03:10:38 PM »
i both admire and abhor.  someone at marriot needs to close that transfer loophole.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10442 on: June 02, 2018, 03:14:48 PM »
otoh, gfa is obviously a fantastic customer for them, so they probably don't care.

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10443 on: June 02, 2018, 03:51:59 PM »
i both admire and abhor.  someone at marriot needs to close that transfer loophole.

I thought that would happen. I never believed it would work until right after the service rep confirmed it was done. It’s obviously shady but based on my experience and FT and Marriott insiders reports they don’t seem to give a crap

I view it the same as getting swa companion with Marriott travel packages back in the day. It was an obviously stupid thing and they never should have allowed it, but they did and so I don’t mind taking advantage of it if they’re going to be dumb

I also would’ve been LT plat in the next couple years and they changed the requirements on me to make it much harder so eff em
emaw

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10444 on: June 02, 2018, 03:59:19 PM »
I also would’ve been LT plat in the next couple years and they changed the requirements on me to make it much harder so eff em

i mean, you've actually stayed hundreds of nights.  it seemed unbelievable reading it, but on reflection it makes a lot more sense for them to let you game their system than it does for aa and others to give away hundreds of thousands of miles to people that never spend a dollar with them.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10445 on: June 03, 2018, 07:29:02 PM »
reading between the lines of your post tells me that you travel a shitload for work and eff that life with a flamethrower.  no amount of points would be worth that

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10446 on: June 04, 2018, 12:31:08 PM »
reading between the lines of your post tells me that you travel a shitload for work and eff that life with a flamethrower.  no amount of points would be worth that

Anywhere from 100-150 days a year usually. I enjoy it. Not for everyone
emaw

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10447 on: June 06, 2018, 08:04:27 AM »
Anyone want to post a link for the Ink Business Preferred? Switching today or tomorrow.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10448 on: June 06, 2018, 09:27:58 AM »
Anyone want to post a link for the Ink Business Preferred? Switching today or tomorrow.

https://www.referyourchasecard.com/21/B02H9JWK1S
@mikec2w

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10449 on: June 06, 2018, 01:16:07 PM »
this may be a better link, i'm not sure where the points would end up going on xoco's link.

Earn 80,000 bonus points with Chase Ink Business Preferred. I can be rewarded too if you apply here and are approved for the Card. Learn more.
https://www.referyourchasecard.com/21/HSL315S4R1