Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3146926 times)

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #19075 on: April 12, 2018, 10:44:35 AM »
ku is digging a big hole in which to put an indoor practice facility. can any engineer or construction-types tell me how much it might cost to move 90,000 cubic yards of dirt?

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19076 on: April 12, 2018, 10:59:23 AM »
ku is digging a big hole in which to put an indoor practice facility. can any engineer or construction-types tell me how much it might cost to move 90,000 cubic yards of dirt?

Not for the practice facility.  It is a false-flag operation.  They are preparing a grave for their football program.  Bury it.  Smooth it over.  Plants some grass.  Pretend nothing ever happened.

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #19077 on: April 12, 2018, 12:00:21 PM »

$260-300k

There's no direct line item cost on them losing their "hole in the ground" stadium setting argument.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19078 on: April 12, 2018, 12:07:50 PM »
Haven't seen a single rendo.

Pretty disappointing.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #19079 on: April 12, 2018, 12:36:37 PM »

@XocolateThundarr
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19080 on: April 13, 2018, 10:06:45 AM »

@XocolateThundarr

Probably at least $800k.  Cost depends whether it can remain close to the site or has to be hauled a large distance.  Freight is a bitch.
@mikec2w

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19081 on: April 13, 2018, 10:30:39 AM »
speaking of facilities.........they still believe Anderson is a top 20 football complex.......how did that narrative even get started? ....doesn't it have a grass roof or something?

This is easily, by a country mile, the least important piece to the arms race puzzle.
1. training facility- top 25 since Anderson was built, top 20 since the renovation. Talking about water therapy, X-ray machine, film rooms, technology, weight room. Not the 20 large Beaty dropped on a pool table or pussying up the locker room with 8 foot #EARNIT.

2. Dorms

3. Stadium- Kids don’t want to play in a shithole.

4. PRACTICE FIELDS

5.Indoor facility that’s closer to field where the jackasses in the AD don’t double book it with track and field once a year./quote]
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19082 on: April 13, 2018, 10:37:12 AM »
I don't know man, reading his post makes me thing Anderson is top 20.  It has film rooms, weight rooms, AND technology. 

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19083 on: April 13, 2018, 02:45:09 PM »
I don't know man, reading his post makes me thing Anderson is top 20.  It has film rooms, weight rooms, AND technology.

If you count Kansas and the surrounding states it's probably right around 20th.  That's probably what he meant.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19084 on: April 15, 2018, 04:15:17 PM »
Was the tour video that the track suit guy did over a spring break pre or post renovation?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19085 on: April 16, 2018, 09:33:54 AM »

they even put in a room with weights bro

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19086 on: April 16, 2018, 09:49:42 AM »
Saying something "has technology" reminds me of Fatty going to another school's board and talking about "majoring in electrics."

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19087 on: April 16, 2018, 11:10:16 PM »
Apparently their spring game has been restructured to be a Spring practice due to lack of depth.

--"The event will resemble a traditional clusterfuck of epic proportions with a handful of actual football-like plays, as has become the usual situation at KU. The reason for the switch, a team spokesperson told The Topeka Capital-Journal, was a coaching-related lack of understanding of even the most fundamental positional assignments such as offensive line that made fielding a legitimate team difficult, if not impossible. It also is thought largely attributable to a complete crap-for-brains in the AD and a cowardly chancellor's office. The team’s coaches made the call to head to Branson immediately afterward instead of Vegas, going with the more low-risk vacation setting."

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #19088 on: April 16, 2018, 11:14:30 PM »
Fwd:fwd:fwd:fwd:fwd...
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #19089 on: April 17, 2018, 08:38:23 AM »
What do we think the KU Nichols State line will be? Squawks -7.5 or so?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19090 on: April 17, 2018, 08:47:33 AM »
Are they getting worse?  Can you get worse?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #19091 on: April 17, 2018, 08:59:06 AM »
Are they getting worse?  Can you get worse?
Of course they're getting worse.  They don't even have a full second string.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19092 on: April 17, 2018, 10:08:09 AM »
I don't feel bad for ku fans, but I am starting to really feel bad for the kids that are deciding to put themselves through this.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19093 on: April 17, 2018, 10:15:57 AM »
Should at least be allowed immediate eligibility when any talented players inevitably transfer out.  This is as offensive as anything other schools have done to take advantage of their student athletes.

I assume Beatty was on his last year anyway but this pretty well cements that he has to win a B12 game if not a road game.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19094 on: April 17, 2018, 11:05:05 AM »
It takes years to weed out the losers and change the losery atmosphere on that campus and with their fanbase. This is only his 4th year, so some of the roster issues are still lingering and some have spread. He just needs more time to continue to turnover the roster and build it up into a winning powerhouse.

They have some of the top facilities, and have a new stadium. They just need to fully commit to this rebuild and give him more time.

An extension to ease the tension. The wins will follow.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19095 on: April 17, 2018, 11:07:57 AM »
This feels a lot like when oscar ran off half of his team and had to start over. KU should stick with Beatty. Give him the time he needs to turn things around, and they might just see themselves in a bowl game in El Paso 3 years from now. We made the elite 8, after all.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19096 on: April 17, 2018, 11:31:54 AM »
LHC Bill Snyder won only two Big 12 games in his 4th season, and didn't even make it to a bowl game until his 5th season... HIS FIFTH SEASON!

I see a lot of similarities and if they truly buy into the Betty rebuild, this new stadium they've built will be named after him at some point in my life. Quote me on that.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19097 on: April 17, 2018, 11:32:20 AM »
I don't feel bad for ku fans, but I am starting to really feel bad for the kids that are deciding to put themselves through this.

^All of this.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #19098 on: April 17, 2018, 11:43:51 AM »
kids that go there get what's coming to them.  it's no mystery what ku is.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19099 on: April 17, 2018, 01:05:12 PM »
LHC Bill Snyder won only two Big 12 games in his 4th season, and didn't even make it to a bowl game until his 5th season... HIS FIFTH SEASON!

I see a lot of similarities and if they truly buy into the Betty rebuild, this new stadium they've built will be named after him at some point in my life. Quote me on that.

That’s true, but Coach Snyder at least had a full second string to work with every year. If KU is going to give Beatty a real chance to succeed, he needs at least 3-5 more years. If he hasn’t gone bowling in 2023, it’s probably time to part ways.