Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3916813 times)

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #19700 on: December 29, 2016, 09:30:00 AM »
Given the number of consecutive sellouts, adding a little capacity is probably better than making aesthetic changes to the East side.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19701 on: December 29, 2016, 10:08:29 AM »
renderings  :love:

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19702 on: December 29, 2016, 12:16:00 PM »
LOL she get this dude's name? PM PLZ

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19703 on: December 29, 2016, 12:18:58 PM »

That stuff is pretty confidential, right?  I have a friend that's an engineer on projects like this (usually NFL stadiums), and he can't ever tell me what he's working on.  He was working on the LA stadium, he knew what team was moving there, and I pushed him pretty hard for info.  He just laughed me off.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19704 on: December 29, 2016, 12:22:31 PM »
cfbandyman's mom must be hot af

The Big Train

« Reply #19705 on: December 29, 2016, 12:32:16 PM »
On our flight back from our family Christmas vacation in Punta Cana, my mom had the good fortune of happening to sit next to one of the guys that's on the team that designed Vanier. She said that he and his company just submitted designs for the SEZ, as my mom said it "connecting Bramlage and BSFS" just this week, and K-State was reviewing those designs right now. Approximate timeline for the project was 2018/ after the 2017 season. Thought I might drop that here...

This is good news, that's what the  :Lurk: was for in this post. Someone told me about this and I did a MS paint of what they described and was told not to send it to anyone  :lol:

Phase 5 is the east side.  Phase 6 is building something on the South side...whatever that may be.

:Lurk:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19706 on: December 29, 2016, 12:36:59 PM »
After they do the improvements to the club and suite levels on the East side the only thing left is primarily aesthetics, and yeah, it eventually needs to be done.  But I can see why they want to do the South endzone next, it needs a total overhaul, while the East side is more cosmetic in nature.

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19707 on: December 29, 2016, 12:47:02 PM »
After they do the improvements to the club and suite levels on the East side the only thing left is primarily aesthetics, and yeah, it eventually needs to be done.  But I can see why they want to do the South endzone next, it needs a total overhaul, while the East side is more cosmetic in nature.

i am glad they are giving the east suites a face lift......they haven't been touched since they have been built...........a lot of those people jumped over to the new west side, but the east side is still a good deal for the middle level donor IMHO
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19708 on: December 29, 2016, 12:48:25 PM »
On our flight back from our family Christmas vacation in Punta Cana, my mom had the good fortune of happening to sit next to one of the guys that's on the team that designed Vanier. She said that he and his company just submitted designs for the SEZ, as my mom said it "connecting Bramlage and BSFS" just this week, and K-State was reviewing those designs right now. Approximate timeline for the project was 2018/ after the 2017 season. Thought I might drop that here...

This is good news, that's what the  :Lurk: was for in this post. Someone told me about this and I did a MS paint of what they described and was told not to send it to anyone  :lol:

pfft.. feel free to send it to me  :zip:

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19709 on: December 29, 2016, 12:48:40 PM »

Phase 5 is the east side.  Phase 6 is building something on the South side...whatever that may be.

I had heard in the past it could look like the end zone project at Ole Miss, but our club level would be the large convention space between Bramlage and BSFS.

I guess this thing can potentially generate revenue year round with wedding receptions, corporate events, etc.

The Big Train

« Reply #19710 on: December 29, 2016, 12:55:09 PM »

I had heard in the past it could look like the end zone project at Ole Miss, but our club level would be the large convention space between Bramlage and BSFS.

I guess this thing can potentially generate revenue year round with wedding receptions, corporate events, etc.

The tiered aspect would tie into the bram and would be accessible from it...from what I hear  :Lurk:

Also heard about connecting east to west but don't know if that would happen due to the increase in seats if it all was connected.

Offline chunkles

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19711 on: December 29, 2016, 01:06:49 PM »

That stuff is pretty confidential, right?  I have a friend that's an engineer on projects like this (usually NFL stadiums), and he can't ever tell me what he's working on.  He was working on the LA stadium, he knew what team was moving there, and I pushed him pretty hard for info.  He just laughed me off.
Yep. Cfbandyman's description can only apply to maybe three dudes i know of. I have no idea where punta cana is, so that leaves two. OH MAN ONE OF THEM IS SO IN TROUBS.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19712 on: December 29, 2016, 01:35:10 PM »
Jesus, we're rich AF.

The Big Train

« Reply #19713 on: December 29, 2016, 01:35:53 PM »
Mods please change chunkles to 'roger goodell' TIA.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19714 on: December 29, 2016, 01:55:28 PM »
So like, this basically confirms we're going to do another major renovation before KU can even afford to throw a new coat of paint on their bleachers, right?

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19715 on: December 29, 2016, 01:58:11 PM »
Quote from: chunkles link =topic=11099.msg1660529#msg1660529 date=1483035360

KU grad '08 help at? She told me his name, but I couldn't remember cause I was too busy  :billdance: from the win and SEZ upgrades dancing in my head
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Harry Dunne

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19716 on: December 29, 2016, 02:07:27 PM »
SEZ/Bramlage concourse renovations are next.
Tried telling you guys this months ago.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19717 on: December 29, 2016, 02:08:35 PM »
SEZ/Bramlage concourse renovations are next.
Tried telling you guys this months ago.
Y'ALL DUNNE GOT TOLD!!!!!

Offline chunkles

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19718 on: December 29, 2016, 02:33:43 PM »

KU grad '08 help at? She told me his name, but I couldn't remember cause I was too busy  :billdance: from the win and SEZ upgrades dancing in my head
My reaction:

:dubious:

:horrorsurprise:

:facepalm:

Thx. We're good here. Carry on.
 :lol:

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19719 on: December 29, 2016, 02:35:06 PM »
hey chunks you know the soft spot to my heart. its in my dm

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19720 on: December 29, 2016, 02:48:17 PM »

My reaction:

:dubious:

:horrorsurprise:

:facepalm:

Thx. We're good here. Carry on.
 :lol:

sorry, was in a rush, glad we're all on the same page :thumbs:
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19721 on: December 29, 2016, 02:49:14 PM »
I assume if it is slated for 2018 that it has received significant funding to stamp a timetable to it.  I wonder if funding was easier for this project since it benefits basketball as well?
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19722 on: December 29, 2016, 02:51:53 PM »
i miss having a project to follow

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19723 on: December 29, 2016, 02:54:13 PM »
So like, this basically confirms we're going to do another major renovation before KU can even afford to throw a new coat of paint on their bleachers, right?

They could probably embark on something as ambitious as our master plan, but they have two problems:

1) No donor that has the money to donate to a program that deep in the hole will unless they feel the money is worth the investment. From what I've read/heard, there's little faith that Zenger would spend it wisely. They want to see very tangible progress before committing anything, but it's creating a chicken/egg problem.

2) Those that have the money would rather donate to basketball because it's rolling right now with the streak, Self is still young(ish), and they're recruiting at a top 5 level. That monster requires constant and heavy feeding.

I think there's also a big problem in the sense that so much money would need to be spent on code updates and infrastructure the second they make a renovation that they will seriously have to spend money to get little visible improvement.

Honestly, their best bet is to tear Memorial down, play at Arrowhead for two years, and build new on that spot. But there's zero momentum to necessitate that.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19724 on: December 29, 2016, 03:19:43 PM »

They could probably embark on something as ambitious as our master plan, but they have two problems:

1) No donor that has the money to donate to a program that deep in the hole will unless they feel the money is worth the investment. From what I've read/heard, there's little faith that Zenger would spend it wisely. They want to see very tangible progress before committing anything, but it's creating a chicken/egg problem.

2) Those that have the money would rather donate to basketball because it's rolling right now with the streak, Self is still young(ish), and they're recruiting at a top 5 level. That monster requires constant and heavy feeding.

I think there's also a big problem in the sense that so much money would need to be spent on code updates and infrastructure the second they make a renovation that they will seriously have to spend money to get little visible improvement.

Honestly, their best bet is to tear Memorial down, play at Arrowhead for two years, and build new on that spot. But there's zero momentum to necessitate that.

Could you imagine the <10,000 fans at Arrowhead for every KU home football game?   :frown:  They are better off playing at Sporting Park.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.