Author Topic: If you could lift up the rug...  (Read 7446 times)

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: If you could lift up the rug...
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2018, 08:51:40 PM »
It's Patterson

this story is fairly accurate with what was reported regarding the deal being done and him getting pissed off about Fatzgerald leaking it.  My superintendent at the time was Gary's best man and former teammate.
I call bullshit on this story.  Snyder  himself said that Wefald asked him if he would come back about two weeks before Prince was fired.  He had to ask his family if it was OK to return before he let Wefald know.  Prince was fired shortly after that.  Patterson was some kind of stupid Kraus deal unapproved by Wefald.

Wefald had his own agenda.   I was in a luxury suite with a large RE tycoon from KC, who was on the search committee.    The committee had it's plan, and Wefald has his own, and was working to sabotage the committee.

I don't think there was a deal settled on when Fat=Friz made the announcement.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2018, 11:59:20 AM »
It's Patterson

this story is fairly accurate with what was reported regarding the deal being done and him getting pissed off about Fatzgerald leaking it.  My superintendent at the time was Gary's best man and former teammate.
I call bullshit on this story.  Snyder  himself said that Wefald asked him if he would come back about two weeks before Prince was fired.  He had to ask his family if it was OK to return before he let Wefald know.  Prince was fired shortly after that.  Patterson was some kind of stupid Kraus deal unapproved by Wefald.

Wefald had his own agenda.   I was in a luxury suite with a large RE tycoon from KC, who was on the search committee.    The committee had it's plan, and Wefald has his own, and was working to sabotage the committee.

I was told he had agreed to come, but wanted to wait until after the bowl game to announce.   Now, where the paperwork process was, who knows.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2018, 02:56:59 PM »
It's Patterson

I was told he had agreed to come, but wanted to wait until after the bowl game to announce.   Now, where the paperwork process was, who knows.
I believe Patterson only wanted to coach the bowl game if it was a BCS bowl and when they lost to Utah that was no longer a possibility and Fitz ran the story the next day.   I think this is just part of the story tho.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2018, 12:24:50 PM »
I believe Snyder is the reason Wefald fired Prince.  Without the agreement I believe Prince would have had a few more years, before the inevitable.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline wazucat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2018, 12:04:53 AM »
I used to be all-in on wanting to know the Venzy story, but I do not need to know that.  He has his reasons and I respect that.

So, my vote would be for the behind the scenes access to the ongoing “Sean or no Sean” saga.

Yeah Sean / no Sean the entire saga, and somewhat related is good old Captain Crap the missing in action information source actually Laird Veatch??

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2018, 07:59:16 AM »
Yeah, What position was captain crap actually in?

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2018, 09:26:52 AM »
Athletic Director / Construction Hat Model / Trash Can Diver :dunno:

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2018, 10:44:55 AM »
I want to know what Bunny looks like--Bunny is allegedly the woman Ron Prince dippy-doodled for too long, making him late for a Hays Catbackers meeting he was supposed to be at. 

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2018, 12:49:26 PM »
Bunny was a very busty Bartender that used to work at Chuck's in Hays.

fairly hot

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2018, 09:32:55 AM »
My contact at Hays Catbackers said that the group was pretty pissed at Prince Ron - he apparently told them the reason he was late was he was speaking with recruits.  Several of the Catbackers knew that Prince was with Bunny, and that he had lied to them.  He wasn't just a little late, he was like 45 - 60 minutes late....   Support from that Catbackers club led them later to be pretty strident in demanding Prince's dismissal, and several lowered their financial support of the athletic dept. 

I was wondering if Bunny was worth it.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2018, 10:41:09 AM »
what is an RE tycoon?

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2018, 10:55:04 AM »
I want to know what Bunny looks like

:impatient:

Offline KsuWildcatsXII

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2018, 01:18:47 AM »
Was just reading an old Meek story from the fallout of the secret agreement. Bored and can't sleep. As a last-ditch effort to void the deal, Krause offered to take out a life insurance policy and name Ronald the beneficiary. I remember this whole thing being a damn cartoon, but I'm not sure I'd ever heard that detail.

Kinda morbidly ironic, given how everything turned out...

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2018, 01:33:30 AM »
Was just reading an old Meek story from the fallout of the secret agreement. Bored and can't sleep. As a last-ditch effort to void the deal, Krause offered to take out a life insurance policy and name Ronald the beneficiary. I remember this whole thing being a damn cartoon, but I'm not sure I'd ever heard that detail.

The whole thread was named for that.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2018, 09:47:28 AM »

"Ron Prince Stories?"

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2018, 09:57:02 AM »

"Ron Prince Stories?"

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=4831.0

Offline KsuWildcatsXII

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2018, 10:26:18 AM »

"Ron Prince Stories?"

Ha, oh. I'm new(ish) to the board and haven't really dug into any old posts. Ignore me.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2018, 10:41:06 AM »

"Ron Prince Stories?"

Ha, oh. I'm new(ish) to the board and haven't really dug into any old posts. Ignore me.

Go read that thread bro.  It is intense

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2018, 11:19:25 AM »
Yeah, What position was captain crap actually in?

Web/internet services director for athletics. He no longer works there though.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2018, 11:39:38 AM »
what is an RE tycoon?
Real Estate?
:adios:

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards