Author Topic: It's Patterson!  (Read 18128 times)

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: It's Patterson!
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2011, 11:36:07 AM »
No not my opinion...It's what I know..

friend of, or related to?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2011, 11:40:28 AM »
I don't think Patterson was ever serious about coming here.

i've come over to this side of thinking as well. if patterson really wanted the job but just wanted to keep things quiet for a little while, then he should've told his lawyer to stop blabbing to anyone willing to listen that a deal was being worked out. he didn't and he got a nice new contract to stay at tcu. good for him.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2011, 11:40:55 AM »

Nope.   I know otherwise.  Sorry, you are wrong this time.

Offline bubu54

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2011, 01:09:42 PM »
Limestone..how do come up with your stage name?

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2011, 01:29:01 PM »
Maryland just got LEACH'D.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2011, 01:51:23 PM »
There are so many variables to all of this that it's impossible to KNOW anything, but the single thing that I am MOST confident in, is that Currie will NOT take the next coach selection lightly.  

Every cockamamie "in waiting" theory out there is fatally flawed, because it assumes that Currie is rough ridin' stupid.  He isn't.  He from the SEC, ,he's his own man....he's doing things that have NEVER been done around here with fund raising, marketing, etc.  You think he's going to let Old Balls and his stack of printed rough ridin' emails dictate a single facet of the future of this program?  eff NO.  And thank God for that.

I'm praying that the rumors are true that Old Balls actually MIGHT make a change on his staff for the first time in his life....that's enough impossibility for me to allow myself to entertain right now with this program.
This right here is what gives me hope for the future.  :ksu:

Now can we please, for love of everything holy, stop perpetuating the stupid myth that a website owner was responsible for a major college coach changing his mind about a job he really wanted.  This is a favorite talking point of the squaks.  When they do it, it's funny because it show how out of touch with reality they are.  When we do it it's just rough ridin' depressing.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2011, 01:54:16 PM »
Maryland just got LEACH'D.
to add
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2011-01-02/maryland-picks-uconns-randy-edsall-as-next-coach

That's an extremely underwhelming hire. I'm sure he'll get them back to consistent 8-4, 9-3 seasons, but the dude doesn't seem like someone that will take the 'Terps to ACC titles.

Also, Pan, your rant on Wefald had me fist-pumping the whole way. We desperately need to keep Schulz around if we want the K-State 2025 initiative to get even close to reality. Wefald's good-ol-boy politics kept K-State from becoming a better school in both academics and athletics, and Schulz is just starting to undo the damage on the academic end. We need to throw buckets of money at both him and Currie to keep them around.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2011, 01:57:41 PM »
There are so many variables to all of this that it's impossible to KNOW anything, but the single thing that I am MOST confident in, is that Currie will NOT take the next coach selection lightly.  

Every crockamamie "in waiting" theory out there is fatally flawed, because it assumes that Currie is effing stupid.  He isn't.  He from the SEC, ,he's his own man....he's doing things that have NEVER been done around here with fund raising, marketing, etc.  You think he's going to let Old Balls and his stack of printed effing emails dictate a single facet of the future of this program?  eff NO.  And thank God for that.

I'm praying that the rumors are true that Old Balls actually MIGHT make a change on his staff for the first time in his life....that's enough impossibility for me to allow myself to entertain right now with this program.
This right here is what gives me hope for the future.  :ksu:

Now can we please, for love of everything holy, stop perpetuating the stupid myth that a website owner was responsible for a major college coach changing his mind about a job he really wanted.  This is a favorite talking point of the squaks.  When they do it, it's funny because it show how out of touch with reality they are.  When we do it it's just effing depressing.

Actually, I DO think Fitz played a very large role in our inability to acquire Patterson.  I think it helped cost us an opportunity to attempt to acquire him....because I believe it pushed Wefald to move too quickly......soooooo, don't infer from the above that Fitz should be absolved of any and all wrong doing.   Again, I believe there were many factors, but Fitz IMO, was certainly one.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2011, 02:28:41 PM »
UPKS is best buds with ADJC . . . they aren't going to cave to the rich shirt tucks unless the rich shirt tucks promise to pay unholy amounts of money towards UPKS and ADJC desired facilities projects for athletics.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2011, 02:47:03 PM »
So, we could still get Leach right?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2011, 02:51:48 PM »

yep. currie should fly to florida or wherever leach is at, work out a deal to pay him really well with poison type stuff if he leaves early. let snyder know he is done and then boom. football is fun again.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2011, 02:52:04 PM »

I think it's obvious that he told Maryland to go shazbot! themselves because he was holding out for OB dying soon.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2011, 02:53:08 PM »
Limestone..how do come up with your stage name?

It's commanche indian.

Yours?

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2011, 03:29:05 PM »

I know 2 people who saw the contract and where/how they got access to it (not Fitz, though I'm fairly certain he saw it too).  NOT going into details, but it was legit.   Don't care what Gary told his friends or family after the fact, he was coming until Wefald pulled the plug.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2011, 08:40:34 PM »
Patterson was coming, the news leak complicated it, but Wefald pulled the plug and directed Krause to hire Snyder.   This is a FACT.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2011, 09:18:05 PM »

I know 2 people who saw the contract and where/how they got access to it (not Fitz, though I'm fairly certain he saw it too).  NOT going into details, but it was legit.   Don't care what Gary told his friends or family after the fact, he was coming until Wefald pulled the plug.

The facts, just the facts.  Thx.  :cheers:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2011, 10:37:17 PM »
I'll believe it if captaincrap can confirm it.

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2011, 11:23:51 PM »
En route to the Baylor disaster this yr, a friend asked me if I'd heard about what happened with GP and KSU. I played like I didn't know crap and he told me the entire story, but that he'd heard this info through some coaching tree down here in TX. I believe that GP was going to come here, but all the Busch Leaguers involved mumped crap up.
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline Lacey

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2011, 11:28:09 PM »
En route to the Baylor disaster this yr, a friend asked me if I'd heard about what happened with GP and KSU. I played like I didn't know crap and he told me the entire story, but that he'd heard this info through some coaching tree down here in TX. I believe that GP was going to come here, but all the Busch Leaguers involved mumped crap up.

I know this guy in Texas who told me that Gary Patterson was going to come to KSU, but then some amateurs mumped it up.  True story.
You know, I'd like to also add that Pootie Tang can kick some ass too, boy.

Offline bubu54

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2011, 08:35:24 AM »
Just like yours....made up...

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2011, 09:15:19 AM »
i heard this one story that GP was gonna come here. How do I know? GP told me himself. Got him wasted one night in Dallas. Spilled everything. He even said he would still come here if we weren't retards about it. Says he likes Currie a lot and loves Manhattan!

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2011, 09:21:29 AM »
if we weren't retards about it.

Not possible

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2011, 09:23:23 AM »
i heard this one story that GP was gonna come here. How do I know? GP told me himself. Got him wasted one night in Dallas. Spilled everything. He even said he would still come here if we weren't retards about it. Says he likes Currie a lot and loves Manhattan!
jfc you should preformed any sexual favor he wanted in order to make that happen. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2011, 09:37:40 AM »
jfc you should preformed any sexual favor he wanted in order to make that happen. 

i dont kiss and tell.