Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3215724 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #11900 on: April 29, 2015, 11:39:54 AM »
Gotcha!

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11901 on: April 29, 2015, 11:46:57 AM »
cfbandyman absolutely laying the hammer down  :lol:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11902 on: April 29, 2015, 08:36:55 PM »
Looks like Coach P is on a tour of Central Western Kansas.

In ku fans minds everything west of Topeka is "Western" Kansas

well, they'd be correct
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

The Big Train

« Reply #11903 on: May 02, 2015, 01:04:01 PM »

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11904 on: May 02, 2015, 01:10:31 PM »
Perfect team for that woman-beating alcoholic

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11905 on: May 02, 2015, 01:11:14 PM »
is that the one that had a few duis?

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11906 on: May 03, 2015, 08:22:35 PM »
For the first time since the early 90's I drove thru Lawrence yesterday.  Decided to take an auto tour of the campus while passing thru. :sdeek:  Looks aesthetically worse than 25 years ago.  Mrs. HH says "Why would anyone want to come to school here if they visit Manhattan also?".

Seriously, the campus looks like Loyola-Chicago's, just in a shittier setting.
<---Loyola
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 08:28:21 PM by HELLHAMMER »
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11907 on: May 03, 2015, 08:29:21 PM »
I drove through their campus a couple of years ago and my observation was that it wasn't nearly as nice as it used to be. 

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #11908 on: May 03, 2015, 08:35:28 PM »
It's kind of nice if your perspective is growing up in government housing in a former Soviet satellite country
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11909 on: May 03, 2015, 08:37:23 PM »
It's kind of nice if your perspective is growing up in government housing in a former Soviet satellite country

more familiar than nice

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11910 on: May 03, 2015, 08:42:52 PM »
A handful of older Mizzou grads at the wedding we attended said they've never considered KU a rival at all since they were from the St. Louis area, but most KC area "Mizzou idiots" (their words not mine) had huge boners for the "rivalry".  They got all SEC, SEC, SEC on me so I made drunken jokes about Gary Pinkel being Snyder's bitch.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 09:37:05 PM by HELLHAMMER »
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11911 on: May 03, 2015, 09:25:11 PM »
You guys probably think Prague looks dated too, geez.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11912 on: May 04, 2015, 10:58:43 AM »
You guys probably think Prague looks dated too, geez.

Prague. Lawrence, KS. San Francisco .

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11913 on: May 04, 2015, 11:53:56 AM »
For the first time since the early 90's I drove thru Lawrence yesterday.  Decided to take an auto tour of the campus while passing thru. :sdeek:  Looks aesthetically worse than 25 years ago.  Mrs. HH says "Why would anyone want to come to school here if they visit Manhattan also?".

Seriously, the campus looks like Loyola-Chicago's, just in a shittier setting.
<---Loyola

Nice balls & male genitals building Loyola has, there.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11914 on: May 04, 2015, 11:56:59 AM »
Quote from: Beems on the Phog
KU's athletic revenue for '14 was close to $98 million, which is an all-time high.  K-State's was roughly $73 million, which is a record for them as well.  However, KU was able to attain those numbers without getting much from its football program ($8.3 million), while K-State's football program generated over $27 million.  If and when KU football gets going again, our athletic department will be ranked in the top 10 in the country in terms of athletic revenue, and we will be leaving 2nd-rate schools like K-State in the dust.  The only thing K-State has on KU right now is football, which is why their fanbase constantly fixates on it.  It's a sore subject for KU fans right now, no doubt, and Memorial needs work, but from a pure potential standpoint, KU has the advantage, and it's really not close. 

Our stadium is in a much better campus location, much closer to a major metropolitan area, and we've got a significantly larger fanbase.  It's only a matter of time before renovations are announced and major upgrades are done to Memorial, and by the time that happens, Snyder will be nearing retirement and Beaty may have KU football back on the map again.  College football is cyclical, and I think KU is on the verge of another upswing.  Only time will tell, obviously, but I'm confident that Beaty is the right guy for the job.

KU football is on the verge of no longer hurting.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #11915 on: May 04, 2015, 12:12:48 PM »
Only time will tell, obviously, but I'm confident that Gill Weis Beaty is the right guy for the job.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11916 on: May 04, 2015, 12:17:12 PM »
KU has the advantage, and it's really not close.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #11917 on: May 04, 2015, 12:17:30 PM »
KU's athletic revenue for '14 was close to $98 million, which is an all-time high.  K-State's was roughly $73 million, which is a record for them as well.  However, KU was able to attain those numbers without getting much from its football program ($8.3 million), while K-State's football program generated over $27 million.  If and when KU football gets going again, our athletic department will be ranked in the top 10 in the country in terms of athletic revenue, and we will be leaving 2nd-rate schools like K-State in the dust.  The only thing K-State has on KU right now is football, which is why their fanbase constantly fixates on it.  It's a sore subject for KU fans right now, no doubt, and Memorial needs work, but from a pure potential standpoint, KU has the advantage, and it's really not close. 

Our stadium is in a much better campus location, much closer to a major metropolitan area, and we've got a significantly larger fanbase.  It's only a matter of time before renovations are announced and major upgrades are done to Memorial, and by the time that happens, Snyder will be nearing retirement and Beaty may have KU football back on the map again.  College football is cyclical, and I think KU is on the verge of another upswing.  Only time will tell, obviously, but I'm confident that Beaty is the right guy for the job.

bears are fast...

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11918 on: May 04, 2015, 12:17:54 PM »

Yes Beems, by making all of these silly renovations to BSFS we no longer have the advantage of "pure potential."  What a stupid shortsighted decision on our part.    :lol:

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11919 on: May 04, 2015, 12:18:04 PM »

You got laughed at because you claimed that no upgrades or renovations would occur at KU until 2017, and then, shortly after that, KU removed the track.  For years, K-State fans made fun of KU for having a track at our football stadium, and now that it's removed, you're acting like it was nothing.  They also removed the chain link fence and replaced it with a black, decorative fence.  I realize those are both minor improvements, but it's not like KU has just done nothing as you guys keep saying.

Everyone on here has pretty much conceded that no major stadium renovations will take place until KU has completed other projects and raised enough private funding.  The lack of on-field success is the biggest obstacle when it comes to getting things going, but I think KU will have enough money from the Big 12 TV contract, private donations, and athletic revenue to announce something by 2016-2017.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #11920 on: May 04, 2015, 12:21:51 PM »
It's only a matter of time before renovations are announced

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11921 on: May 04, 2015, 12:24:30 PM »
Need pics of the "black decorative fence". 

I can't believe you guys are saying no improvements have been made, they took out a track and fence!!!

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #11922 on: May 04, 2015, 12:24:58 PM »
What makes beems so great is that it's often hard to tell if he's serious or just trolling.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11923 on: May 04, 2015, 12:27:48 PM »
Technically, you cannot call the removal of an item affixed to real estate an improvement. It's more properly characterized as the abatement of blight.

Online john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11924 on: May 04, 2015, 12:31:52 PM »
Need pics of the "black decorative fence". 

I can't believe you guys are saying no improvements have been made, they took out a track and fence!!!

I think they went from galvanized chain link to black chain link fencing. Maybe even upgraded to vinyl coated.