Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4560260 times)

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals
« Reply #25025 on: October 01, 2014, 02:21:50 PM »
So why the hell did we hire Yost if he sucks so much? Why did anyone? Why did the Brewers? I'm seriously asking, I'd like to understand the situation.

But yeah, that was the greatest game of baseball I've ever watched.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #25026 on: October 01, 2014, 02:24:00 PM »

BTW if the Royals get swept you can essentially blame WC08 now for the jinx by accusing poor Sung of treachery.

I want to add treachery to the words/phrases I want to use more list, BTW.   

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #25027 on: October 01, 2014, 02:24:46 PM »
also possible that sung took that picture like, in kc and didnt post it until yesterday.  :surprised:

It's probable, really.

They pic was taken in BLVD's tasting room. 100% verified.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25028 on: October 01, 2014, 02:24:57 PM »

So why the hell did we hire Yost if he sucks so much? Why did anyone? Why did the Brewers? I'm seriously asking, I'd like to understand the situation.

The THEORY was that he had experience building a young team up, in Milwaukee.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25029 on: October 01, 2014, 02:25:40 PM »

I mean, I guess I agree, but I want to copy Milwaukee again and fire his ass and keep on winning.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25030 on: October 01, 2014, 02:26:03 PM »
I'd love to give a summary of my experiences, but I'm a horrible writer and do not feel like I would do a good job.  I can just tell you that there were a lot of high-fives and it was an emotional roller coaster.  I felt disappointment, anger, apathy, excitement, pride and hope all in a few hours.  I'm proud of the team, and proud of our fans. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25031 on: October 01, 2014, 02:26:55 PM »

:thumbs:

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25032 on: October 01, 2014, 02:30:05 PM »
also possible that sung took that picture like, in kc and didnt post it until yesterday.  :surprised:

It's probable, really.

They pic was taken in BLVD's tasting room. 100% verified.

im that kind of lawyer
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25034 on: October 01, 2014, 02:33:55 PM »
I realized last night that there is some dynamic going on that I don't fully understand between diehard royals fans and Yost. I've never heard a manager mentioned more at a sports bar in my life.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #25035 on: October 01, 2014, 02:35:44 PM »
I pouted pretty badly when the A's took the lead in the 12th. I thought it was over and I hanged my head a bit. I really thought we had wasted our chances and then.... :excited:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25036 on: October 01, 2014, 02:50:28 PM »
Its Vargas.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25037 on: October 01, 2014, 02:51:23 PM »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25038 on: October 01, 2014, 02:54:58 PM »
 :angry:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25039 on: October 01, 2014, 02:56:14 PM »
I'm the biggest Ned basher around, and he needs to quit doing dumb stuff, but is it possible that the comeback was due to his leadership? The game was a microcosm of the season. Get down, come back with a lead, get WAY down, come WAY back defying odds, get down AGAIN, come back AGAIN and win. The level of personal belief that team has is incredible, and Ned deserves the credit. Let me tell you, the Tigers or the Angels do not come back the way the Royals did.

It might be possible that the building of confidence that Ned has done for the team was worth the ineptitude as a tactician. 

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25040 on: October 01, 2014, 02:56:56 PM »
Seriously, if youre not going to start Duffy, then start Guthrie. The Angels are a righty dominated lineup. Just seems inexplicable to me, but that is the Royals.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25041 on: October 01, 2014, 02:57:55 PM »
Nice post, cf3.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25042 on: October 01, 2014, 03:00:07 PM »
I'm the biggest Ned basher around, and he needs to quit doing dumb stuff, but is it possible that the comeback was due to his leadership? The game was a microcosm of the season. Get down, come back with a lead, get WAY down, come WAY back defying odds, get down AGAIN, come back AGAIN and win. The level of personal belief that team has is incredible, and Ned deserves the credit. Let me tell you, the Tigers or the Angels do not come back the way the Royals did.

It might be possible that the building of confidence that Ned has done for the team was worth the ineptitude as a tactician. 

Nice post. No doubt he had a major part in building that.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25043 on: October 01, 2014, 03:04:36 PM »
Truth:

Some nice pics: http://royals.mlblogs.com/

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25045 on: October 01, 2014, 03:10:23 PM »

I'm not a Ned basher by any means but also not really a supporter.  Kind of indifferent.  I think baseball managers get too much credit/blame when things go good/bad.  It's a players game.

But my main question about your post cf3 is why do you think Ned should get the credit for the team's resilience?  I mean, maybe you're right but what has he done/said/demonstrated that would make you think that.  What has he done better/or different than other managers to instill this belief?  I mean you could just as easily say that the veterans on the team have instilled the personal belief in the themselves that this team has. 

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25046 on: October 01, 2014, 03:12:30 PM »
Where to watch the Thursday game? Friday I'm at American Royal with a TV at the party.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25047 on: October 01, 2014, 03:14:23 PM »

I'm not a Ned basher by any means but also not really a supporter.  Kind of indifferent.  I think baseball managers get too much credit/blame when things go good/bad.  It's a players game.

But my main question about your post cf3 is why do you think Ned should get the credit for the team's resilience?  I mean, maybe you're right but what has he done/said/demonstrated that would make you think that.  What has he done better/or different than other managers to instill this belief?  I mean you could just as easily say that the veterans on the team have instilled the personal belief in the themselves that this team has.
He supports them and sticks up for them when talking to the media. I think they appreciate that and play hard for him.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25048 on: October 01, 2014, 03:17:50 PM »

He supports them and sticks up for them when talking to the media. I think they appreciate that and play hard for him.

lol. oh wacky.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25049 on: October 01, 2014, 03:19:15 PM »
If that's all it took Paul Rhodes would be the greatest coach in history.