Author Topic: Attention Fellow Conservatives  (Read 36251 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: Attention Fellow Conservatives
« Reply #325 on: September 29, 2014, 10:05:58 PM »
Is anyone else bothered by, "I'll caucus with the majority"?  I mean, what the eff is that?

This 1% er sounds like a real bandwagon jagoff

Seems pretty smart to me. Orman is going to get himself a spot on whatever committee he wants.

This is a complete failure in logic
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 30, 2014, 08:54:55 PM »
From a guy on shaggy who attended some private Q&A thing of ormans last night

OK... So we got started last night around 7:30 with some mingling and wine/cocktails. About 25-28 people were there and most were businessmen/small business owners or doctors. I believe there was 1 lawyer in the crowd as well. Greg worked the room, made everyone comfortable, and made sure he personally introduced himself to everyone. His wife also introduced herself as she got there about 10 minutes before he was able to.

When we sat down Greg went over his history, his ties to KS, his professional career, and then what his vision was. It's pretty clear, he presents a different option. There isn't anything flashy about him, he's running because he reconizes what everyone reconizes.. we have a bunch of hacks in washington. He openly said that he is socially "tolerant." He isn't against gay marriage and he isn't overly religious, but with where our state is and the times we are in he doesn't feel that abortion and keeping the gays out of the chapel is a priority. He is a fiscal conservative. He comes from a successful business background and he makes decisions based on facts. Not opinions or feelings. Facts.

He was asked what he feels the 3 biggest issues are.

1. Healthcare costs - I think this is a bullshit answer at first, but he recognizes that costs will continue to increase. The key is limiting that. He worked with a research doctor at St. Luke's hospital in KC regarding some health issue. The hospital found that when it prescribed a certain drug after a heart stent there was a less than 10% return rate of the patients. The problem is, the patients that got the drug weren't at risk for bleeding so they didn't need it. The patients that were at risk weren't getting it and were having a return rate of over 50%. By just getting the presription right and it saved the hospital millions as well as the patients that were effected. The doctors in the crowd agreed.

2. He talked about entitlements and the poverty issue - This seemed "feel good" to me. But he brought up good points about getting to the root of problems. One case he brought up was how a local KC school had a poor graduation rate. The school was in a poorer area and they did some studies on transportation. The school changed the bus policy to pick up kids that lived further than 1/2 mile away instead of just the kids that live over 2 miles away. Graduation rates rose from sub 50% to over 75%.

3. Immigration - He was very clear and open about this subject. I flat doesn't make sense to find and deport everyone. You can't do it. He mentioned an agriculture company that siad they could hire 1000 employees in KS if there was clarity on that issue. I didn't get that but whatever. He also brought up that illegals are less likely to call the police. In western ks there was recently a gang of 20 people that were arrested for preying on illegal immigrants. They would rape, burglarize, and extort the immigrants because they knew they couldn't call the police. Bringing those people onto the payroll only raises the tax base and solves other crimes. This is pretty much how I felt.

Finally he covered the status quo. This was the subject I was most interested in and this is where the 49-50 split scenario was brought up and asked about. In this scenario he was asked what he would do. He said he would negotiate with both sides regarding issues that he felt were most pressing and whoever agreed to address the issues in a smart pragmatic way would be the group he joined. If they didn't stay true to their word he would head to the other side of the aisle to see what he could accomplish.

My comment "Realistically you have 2 years of influence. We know you're not going to get everything you want done in those two years, so how are you going to make the most impact while you have the most influence?" He responded that we need to change the leadership at the top. Going directly after the top leaders of each party is priority number one. Greg also said that this is a 2 term project. He really feels that things are measuring up well and if he can't make a bit of progress in 2 terms then he is not going to run for a third term.

Later, I was talking with the family friend we worked with to set up the gathering and he told me that Harry Reid and Mitch Mcconnell are target number 1 and 2. If things shake out to where Greg has the maximum influence he will not caucus with the dems if harry reid is going to be majority leader. To a lesser extent Mitch Mcconnell. If you want his support there has to be new leadership in your party. He might just be entering the senate at the right time.

Greg is self funding his campaign, not taking any special interest money, and is running a very positive campaign. He only said "my opponent" 3 times all night. It was about tackling issues and discussion not about complaining. We had some great personal discussion later in the night between the two of us and the guy has my support. I, and he, hope that he can be a model for other states to upset their status quo.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 30, 2014, 09:28:06 PM »
TLDNR

Cliff's notes please

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 30, 2014, 09:32:02 PM »

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: September 30, 2014, 09:36:00 PM »
lib, thanks for the Orman veiwpoint.  He sounds like a pretty good ol' turd and actually in the middle; not a leftie.  IMO a true conservative is best, but I won't slit my wrists if Orman is elected because it sounds like he hates that greasy old bastard Reid as much as I do.  I'd rather caucus with a rattlesnake than liar Reid.  If Orman can torture Dem leadership then great - it would frost those eastern leftist butts if he did caucus with Republicans.  Orman sounds pragmatic and doesn't pander to groups and say things to get elected espcially to ignorant voters.  I respect a honest pol even if I disagree with him on some issues.  I like Pat, but I am worried about him.  Recently, Kansas declared zombie recognition week (?) and Roberts seems to be taking it to heart.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 30, 2014, 09:38:08 PM »
lib, thanks for the Orman veiwpoint.  He sounds like a pretty good ol' turd and actually in the middle; not a leftie.  IMO a true conservative is best, but I won't slit my wrists if Orman is elected because it sounds like he hates that greasy old bastard Reid as much as I do.  I'd rather caucus with a rattlesnake than liar Reid.  If Orman can torture Dem leadership then great - it would frost those eastern leftist butts if he did caucus with Republicans.  Orman sounds pragmatic and doesn't pander to groups and say things to get elected espcially to ignorant voters.  I respect a honest pol even if I disagree with him on some issues.  I like Pat, but I am worried about him.  Recently, Kansas declared zombie recognition week (?) and Roberts seems to be taking it to heart.
This guy gets it.  I mean, who cares if he goes easy on brown ppl and gays as long as he really fucks with harry and stuff.  Go get him Orman!

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 30, 2014, 09:47:43 PM »
Sounds like a huge stud. Using his independent status to manipulate the majority leader appointment is genius and huge balled.

I would love if Orman could end Roberts lifetime office at 33 years.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 01, 2014, 01:21:27 PM »
So he's a "fiscal conservative" but he's in favor of expanding Medicaid to citizens above the poverty line as well as 15 million poor and newly legalized immigrants, he's "outraged" by a government "shutdown" in which the government never really shut down, and he's promising to leverage his independent status to bring home more pork to Kansas? Sounds like Orman is either lying about being a fiscal conservative or he doesn't know what a fiscal conservative is. Either way, I think I'd prefer to vote for someone who I at least know will caucus with the GOP and evict Harry Reid.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 01, 2014, 01:40:42 PM »
i just dont understand how you can complain about the state of washington and then vote for someone who has been there for 33 years

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 01, 2014, 01:46:08 PM »
I'm sure he supports amnesty because it is good for the Kansas economy.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 01, 2014, 01:53:31 PM »
i just dont understand how you can complain about the state of washington and then vote for someone who has been there for 33 years

Just needs more time.  Washington is a network and you got to get into it before you can change it.  I mean, look at Harry Reid.  He has been there for over 27 yrs......wait....

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 01, 2014, 01:56:41 PM »
Coach Weis should run for office. He will get the time he needs in DC.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 01, 2014, 02:10:58 PM »

As an outsider, Obama has taken everything wrong with Washington and doubled down.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 01, 2014, 03:04:44 PM »

As an outsider, Obama has taken everything wrong with Washington and doubled down.

He only has 2 years left, thank to term limits. Orman supports term limits.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 01, 2014, 03:35:39 PM »

Offline Jabeez

• Combo-Fan
  • #Currie4USPrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 01, 2014, 04:02:02 PM »
My super conservative small to medium business owner friends have all met with Orman and came away very impressed.  "Either he does all kinds of badass stuff because he is the deciding vote, or he gets mumped when there's already a majority and the parties hate that he chose to not caucus with either party prior to election.  I like him because I would go out like that too."  - almost verbatim conservative guy

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 01, 2014, 04:13:14 PM »
980 radio just said that orman is up 46-41 in the latest USA today poll, and Davis is up 46-42.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 01, 2014, 04:14:34 PM »
980 radio just said that orman is up 46-41 in the latest USA today poll, and Davis is up 46-42.

I think Orman will hold on. It's going to be a long month for Davis, though.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: October 02, 2014, 08:08:49 PM »
My super conservative small to medium business owner friends have all met with Orman and came away very impressed.  "Either he does all kinds of badass stuff because he is the deciding vote, or he gets mumped when there's already a majority and the parties hate that he chose to not caucus with either party prior to election.  I like him because I would go out like that too."  - almost verbatim conservative guy

Congrats on having so many friends you can lump them into categories, including, the small business owner category and the medium business owner category.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 06, 2014, 09:09:22 AM »
Even super-moderate-tard Steve Rose of the KC Star gets it: Orman jeopardizes GOP Senate control, and as long as Harry Reid is in control, nothing will get done. http://www.kansascity.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/steve-rose/article2499238.html

The Republicans need to pick up six seats to take over the Senate. They cannot afford to lose Kansas.

Orman will not say whether he would caucus with the Democrats or Republicans. If he would declare himself an independent, moderate Republican, a la Nancy Kassebaum, he would have my vote in a heartbeat. But, unless he unexpectedly changes his mind, Orman will keep his intentions a secret, if he has even figured out what he would do.

It is imperative that with President Barack Obama in the White House, the country needs both chambers of Congress to be controlled by Republicans. Only then, will the gridlock be broken.

Sure, a lot of legislation will come out of a Republican-controlled Congress that will be odious to Obama. That's why he has the veto pen.

Obama has used his veto pen only twice - less than any president since James Garfield in 1881. That's because Sen. Majority Leader Harry Reid and the Democratic Senate have blocked virtually all the bills that have originated in the House, and Reid has squashed all Republican efforts in the Senate.

So, for those who are concerned that extremists will take over the government if the Senate goes Republican, keep two things in mind. One, there is the veto; two, the Republican senators likely to get elected in November are not from the tea party. They are "establishment" Republicans who are more responsible.

This unified Republican control could lead to some very interesting outcomes, much like when Bill Clinton was president and faces a unified Republican Congress. Clinton negotiated a balanced budget and welfare reform. If Obama had a little more Clinton in him, he would make strides with Republicans. It would require both sides moving toward the center to get things accomplished.

And if the Republicans controlled both the House and Senate, they would have to demonstrate they could govern, not just obstruct.

There would be tremendous pressure on Republicans to act on some sort of immigration reform, tax reform, infrastructure plan, Obamacare modifications and an energy plan that would include the Keystone Pipeline XL.

Probably their first act would to approve fast-track trade agreements. Obama wants them, but the pacts have been blocked by Senate Democrats, who are influenced by trade unions opposed to free trade.

And that pretty well sums it up.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 13, 2014, 03:10:38 PM »
Hey look at that! George Soros (think evil version of Charles Koch) is hosting a fundraiser for "independent" Greg Orman! http://freebeacon.com/politics/soros-to-host-fundraiser-for-independent-kansas-senate-candidate/

Cause that's what George wants - more "independents" in Congress.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 13, 2014, 03:48:57 PM »
How do you get more evil than the Kochs?

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 13, 2014, 04:05:55 PM »
Roberts or someone admittedly less staunchly conservative the someone who is partying with the ultra conservative.   Hmm, weird that soros would choose what he has.