Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3207350 times)

Dugout DickStone, joda, Spaces and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
How does this renovation outcome vary so much from what was announced just a couple of months ago?
1.  No renovation at all on the east side of the stadium. 
2.  Stalled retail development.
3.  Seating capacity reduced by 5,000 seats more than announced.

Is there like a state statute that mandates KU conduct all its financial affairs as sketchy AF?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Wait, they aren't tearing down the east side? Do the phog squawks know this because that sure isn't the impression I've got from their stadium thread.

Yes, anyone following this closely knows that the east side isn't part of Phase 1, which also helps explain why capacity can't be stated with precision until they get the funds to tear down and rebuild the east side. Phase 1 is a bunch of crap in Anderson you can't see, and then obviously what you see is missing, here: https://kugatewaydistrict.com/live-cameras/ (Pay heed: beware of the Fog).

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
How does this renovation outcome vary so much from what was announced just a couple of months ago?
1.  No renovation at all on the east side of the stadium. 
2.  Stalled retail development.
3.  Seating capacity reduced by 5,000 seats more than announced.

Is there like a state statute that mandates KU conduct all its financial affairs as sketchy AF?

Now that you mention it, I do wonder if any misrepresentations as to the scope of the project are a problem with all the government money KU is needing to rely on.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Wait, they aren't tearing down the east side? Do the phog squawks know this because that sure isn't the impression I've got from their stadium thread.

Yes, anyone following this closely knows that the east side isn't part of Phase 1, which also helps explain why capacity can't be stated with precision until they get the funds to tear down and rebuild the east side. Phase 1 is a bunch of crap in Anderson you can't see, and then obviously what you see is missing, here: https://kugatewaydistrict.com/live-cameras/ (Pay heed: beware of the Fog).

I knew construction was in phases but was unaware funding had not been secured for the full stadium  :sdeek:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I knew construction was in phases but was unaware funding had not been secured for the full stadium  :sdeek:

Unfortunately, we invested it all in DJT while it was just sitting there idle ...

I did read we can borrow like $250MM from the endowment, or something like that. Don't know the specifics on that, and living far away, really don't care. That said, I would agree from Phogistan's reactions that communication about the whole project appears to be frustrating to donors and casual fans alike.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
They already tore down basically the whole bunker, so I mean they have to build something, right? Sporting and the Chiefs aren’t gonna just loan them a stadium for more than a year.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
They already tore down basically the whole bunker, so I mean they have to build something, right? Sporting and the Chiefs aren’t gonna just loan them a stadium for more than a year.

I'm sure we're paying handsomely for the privilege and getting the short end of the bargain. It would be kind of interesting, though, to have a football team that just wanders around without a home, like Cain.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Do you think all this recent talk about the Chiefs moving out of KCMO is a coincidence? KU is pulling every lever they have in case they need to squat in Arrowhead indefinitely.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

I'm sure we're paying handsomely for the privilege and getting the short end of the bargain. It would be kind of interesting, though, to have a football team that just wanders around without a home, like Cain.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

nice bandaid on a GSW approach

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

The exact reference I intended.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile

Unfortunately, we invested it all in DJT while it was just sitting there idle ...

I did read we can borrow like $250MM from the endowment, or something like that. Don't know the specifics on that, and living far away, really don't care. That said, I would agree from Phogistan's reactions that communication about the whole project appears to be frustrating to donors and casual fans alike.

Not gE and not being all 'tater but if we pulled this crap I'd be very confused and concerned. This almost feels Royals-esque but like they don't need the public to weigh in on it. Just seems very unclear what is going on and what is to be expected and no real transparency to speak of. I'm sure they'll pull it off just feels very iffy.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

Not gE and not being all 'tater but if we pulled this crap I'd be very confused and concerned. This almost feels Royals-esque but like they don't need the public to weigh in on it. Just seems very unclear what is going on and what is to be expected and no real transparency to speak of. I'm sure they'll pull it off just feels very iffy.

the bidding process will be hilarious

Online Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
The whole vibe from this project that I get from Goff was basically to just get the thing rolling and then assume the necessary $$$ would come.

I mean, they've been talking about this for decades, so I get where he's coming from in the sense that actually doing something - anything - was progress.

But, it sure seems like there hasn't been as much progress on the $$$ front as they would have liked...

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile

the bidding process will be hilarious

KU ATHLETICS RFP:

The University of Kansas Athletics is seeking proposals to build a 40,000-47,000 (yet to be determined) seat new football stadium facility. The stadium is to be state of the art and also contain within the project a commercial and residential mixed-use area (also yet to be determined). Please submit in your bid against the attached layout and design documents pricing for the following options:

1. A bid for a 40,000 seat new stadium
2. A bid adder for each seat added up to 47,000
3. A Bid for the commercial and residential mixed-use area
4. A bid for doing the stadium in two stages, if required.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
i was genuinely excited to follow the construction journey with my Beak ‘Em buds.

kinda sucks that they’re just doing the equivalent of building a fort in my living room (1/2 of a fort).

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
That is mountains more information than half the rfp's I've dealt with

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i was genuinely excited to follow the construction journey with my Beak ‘Em buds.

kinda sucks that they’re just doing the equivalent of building a fort in my living room (1/2 of a fort).

Tbf, it's more like 2/3 of a fort  :shakesfist: