Author Topic: Mizzou ignores rape, Kevin Keitzman blames ESPN and Title IX supporters  (Read 3625 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This is a little late but I saw this report yesterday and heard Kietzman's podcasted comments this morning.

First Mizzou and crap human Derrick Washington
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11385234
I really don't understand how Mike Alden continues to keep his job when this stuff keeps popping up. He has a coach tell one of her players not to report an assault, I mean wtf.

So that was no doubt horrible, right? Well to Kevin Keitzman the greatest tragedy in all of this is that ESPN seems to be picking on Mizzou because of their SEC domination.
 http://stationcaster.com/clicktrack/index.mp3?media=%2Fstations%2Fwhb%2Fmedia%2Fmp3%2FMonologue_-1408741461.mp3&usecat=375&subscribed=true&title=Monologue+&ext=.mp3
:50-8:30
He's certain that these things happen at Alabama too, but they are protected by the media (Isn't he media?)
Just to make it clear that he will stop at nothing to achieve worst person ever status
...violated by Derrick Washington while she slept in her bed at 1AM after being out at the bars all night. Not just that, by the way ESPN leaves a lot of things like that out. This girl's a victim, there's no question, she's laying in her bed at one in the morning and Derrick Washington comes in and does something terrible, no question. What it doesn't say is she'd been out drinking all night with all these guys and the party came back to the house, they just make it sound like you know innocent little Snow White is taking a nap and sleeping then comes this you know, whatever. It wasn't good, I'm not defending Derrick Washington, there's no defending what he's done, there's not.
Doesn't this savage have a daughter?

So given an hour to clear his head, perhaps listen to someone around him that might have the balls to get him to cool it, he decides not to tone down the rhetoric but to double down on it.

http://stationcaster.com/clicktrack/index.mp3?media=%2Fstations%2Fwhb%2Fmedia%2Fmp3%2FMizzou_and_Title_IX-1408742242.mp3&usecat=375&subscribed=true&title=Mizzou+and+Title+IX&ext=.mp3
25 more minutes of crazy blaming of ESPN, people with agendas to push title IX, and apparently all media except for 810 WHB AM. My favorite part of this is when Leabo tries to calm everything down by explaining that title IX isn't about college sports, Kevin agrees with him says that no one understands that about title IX then proceeds to state that title IX is the reason that thousands and thousands of male athletes that don't get scholarships because of title IX, then told an off color joke about women's golf. He also proceeds to blame title IX for the reduction of football scholarships to 85. Title IX had nothing to do with that, being a Kansas State grad of his age I would think he would know that the scholarships were reduced to assist universities with keeping up with the like 8 schools who had the ability to fill 100 football scholarships.

Anyway, this rough ridin' guy is a worm and Mizzou has a serious issue with how their athletic department deals with women.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Mizzou ignores rape, Kevin Keitzman blames ESPN and Title IX supporters
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 12:15:50 AM »
This is a little late but I saw this report yesterday and heard Kietzman's podcasted comments this morning.

First Mizzou and crap human Derrick Washington
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11385234
I really don't understand how Mike Alden continues to keep his job when this stuff keeps popping up. He has a coach tell one of her players not to report an assault, I mean wtf.

So that was no doubt horrible, right? Well to Kevin Keitzman the greatest tragedy in all of this is that ESPN seems to be picking on Mizzou because of their SEC domination.
 http://stationcaster.com/clicktrack/index.mp3?media=%2Fstations%2Fwhb%2Fmedia%2Fmp3%2FMonologue_-1408741461.mp3&usecat=375&subscribed=true&title=Monologue+&ext=.mp3
:50-8:30
He's certain that these things happen at Alabama too, but they are protected by the media (Isn't he media?)
Just to make it clear that he will stop at nothing to achieve worst person ever status
...violated by Derrick Washington while she slept in her bed at 1AM after being out at the bars all night. Not just that, by the way ESPN leaves a lot of things like that out. This girl's a victim, there's no question, she's laying in her bed at one in the morning and Derrick Washington comes in and does something terrible, no question. What it doesn't say is she'd been out drinking all night with all these guys and the party came back to the house, they just make it sound like you know innocent little Snow White is taking a nap and sleeping then comes this you know, whatever. It wasn't good, I'm not defending Derrick Washington, there's no defending what he's done, there's not.
Doesn't this savage have a daughter?

So given an hour to clear his head, perhaps listen to someone around him that might have the balls to get him to cool it, he decides not to tone down the rhetoric but to double down on it.

http://stationcaster.com/clicktrack/index.mp3?media=%2Fstations%2Fwhb%2Fmedia%2Fmp3%2FMizzou_and_Title_IX-1408742242.mp3&usecat=375&subscribed=true&title=Mizzou+and+Title+IX&ext=.mp3
25 more minutes of crazy blaming of ESPN, people with agendas to push title IX, and apparently all media except for 810 WHB AM. My favorite part of this is when Leabo tries to calm everything down by explaining that title IX isn't about college sports, Kevin agrees with him says that no one understands that about title IX then proceeds to state that title IX is the reason that thousands and thousands of male athletes that don't get scholarships because of title IX, then told an off color joke about women's golf. He also proceeds to blame title IX for the reduction of football scholarships to 85. Title IX had nothing to do with that, being a Kansas State grad of his age I would think he would know that the scholarships were reduced to assist universities with keeping up with the like 8 schools who had the ability to fill 100 football scholarships.

Anyway, this rough ridin' guy is a worm and Mizzou has a serious issue with how their athletic department deals with women.

Agreed. Also, why does Keitz have such a boner for Mizzou? To be willing to out himself as such a terrific misogynist for the sake of that shitty school just completely baffles me.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 12:31:31 AM »
The "she wasn't Snow White" crap was appalling. He needs to apologize.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 04:31:35 AM »
WITB??

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 08:21:35 AM »
Title IX has a lot of negative affects on male sports, but I'm not sure how Keitzman linked that to this discussion. Pretty sure Title IX was only mentioned in the OTL report because it states that universities must launch a Title IX investigation when someone is accused of sexual assault. Keitzman went totally off the rails trying to defend Mizzou. Mizzou deserved to be the target of this report.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 08:31:14 AM »
I'm no KK apologist, but I do listen to him daily. No offense, MIR, but I didn't read all of that. I will say, ever since he made fun of mizzou for going to the SEC to get their ass kicked and it never happened, he's kissed their ass. We know he's great at trolling, so he always brings the other side. He's a frequent speaker at tiger backer events too. I think he's full of crap and is reaching on this one.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 08:34:05 AM »

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 08:47:17 AM »
I'm no KK apologist, but I do listen to him daily. No offense, MIR, but I didn't read all of that. I will say, ever since he made fun of mizzou for going to the SEC to get their ass kicked and it never happened, he's kissed their ass. We know he's great at trolling, so he always brings the other side. He's a frequent speaker at tiger backer events too. I think he's full of crap and is reaching on this one.

trolling is one thing, but Kietz basically said that a girl who got sexually assaulted in her sleep had it coming
:adios:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 08:51:34 AM »
:frown:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2014, 08:51:51 AM »
the question of whether kevin is a good or bad person was answered years ago. he's not a good person. more thank likely a sociopath. i think he is also friends with mike alden so that will color his "take" on this.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2014, 12:36:03 PM »

trolling is one thing, but Kietz basically said that a girl who got sexually assaulted in her sleep had it coming

Yup.  Troll fanbases however you want about their teams/sports/players/coaches.  Do not troll at the expense of a rape victim.  I don't think he is trolling though, just terribly out of touch

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2014, 12:49:54 PM »
this is pretty awful  :frown:

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2014, 12:52:03 PM »

Yup.  Troll fanbases however you want about their teams/sports/players/coaches.  Do not troll at the expense of a rape victim.  I don't think he is trolling though, just terribly out of touch
He has a college age daughter, I don't know how he can say what he has.  Having accurate or knowledgable sports takes was never what made him the BITB but I can't see what the end game of standing up for felon like Washington is. 

If I was a MU fan I would rather this go away - maybe keeping this in the local headlines is passive aggressiveness at it's absoute most dastardly?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2014, 01:01:00 PM »
HE is really, really, really trying to suck up to both the Mizzou fan base and older tucks.  His take on Michael Sam (why is it news, Colin Klein didn't announce he was straight!), paying college athletes (they get a free education, that's a great deal for them!) and the redskins (its traditions!) all identify him as a huge tuck.

He is great at trolling other fanbases, he is awful at being anything besides an old white dude.  His wife's family is huge WT and I bet it's rubbing off on him more than he admits.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2014, 01:19:11 PM »
Which wife?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2014, 01:23:14 PM »
Keitz is a bad person, so is his son

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2014, 01:28:11 PM »
it's @kkwhb

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2014, 01:37:39 PM »
Title IX has a lot of negative affects on male sports, but I'm not sure how Keitzman linked that to this discussion. Pretty sure Title IX was only mentioned in the OTL report because it states that universities must launch a Title IX investigation when someone is accused of sexual assault. Keitzman went totally off the rails trying to defend Mizzou. Mizzou deserved to be the target of this report.

I'd like to think of title IX as the positive things it has done to progress the rights of women. The thing is that you could argue that scholarship limits have been beneficiary to male sports by making football and basketball success more accessible to more schools. We'll never know but I seriously doubt that we would have the mega tv deals that we currently have if football were still dominated by 5 southern and 3 rust belt schools and basketball were dominated by the same 10 schools.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2014, 01:43:08 PM »
it's @kkwhb

pretty sure he doesn't even check his mentions, if he does he won't reply to something like this, he certainly got inundated during the Jake bike thing and he didn't reply to a single tweet

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2014, 02:11:14 PM »
it's @kkwhb

pretty sure he doesn't even check his mentions, if he does he won't reply to something like this, he certainly got inundated during the Jake bike thing and he didn't reply to a single tweet

he's missing a lot of good zingers from Beems.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2014, 02:27:15 PM »
Holy crap, still catching up with these podcasts, while interviewing Dennis Dodd
Again taking issue with ESPN
I just didn't think it (the story) was worthy of hearing those girls cry
I don't think the thing was particularly fair to Derrick Washington. Now he did commit a crime, he was convicted, he did his time...but they made him out obviously be a monster to make Missouri look bad for the title IX thing

Offline oneeyedwillie

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2014, 02:30:43 PM »

Let's be clear. Sex with a woman who is sleeping, passed out, intoxicated or for any other reason cannot consent to sex, is rape.

The woman's actions before hand are irrelevant. Doesn't matter if she was in a bar, with guys or with 7 dwarfs.
Sex with a woman who cannot consent is rape.

Kietz is a horrible person for publicly defaming the this woman's character because she was raped.

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2014, 02:41:53 PM »

I'd like to think of title IX as the positive things it has done to progress the rights of women. The thing is that you could argue that scholarship limits have been beneficiary to male sports by making football and basketball success more accessible to more schools. We'll never know but I seriously doubt that we would have the mega tv deals that we currently have if football were still dominated by 5 southern and 3 rust belt schools and basketball were dominated by the same 10 schools.

Well I think the football scholarships were unrelated to Title IX as far as football went. I was more referring to the adverse affects it had on different men's sports, such as soccer or Olympic sports.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2014, 02:45:20 PM »
Title IX has decimated many men's minor sports teams.   It's pretty much why K-State will likely never add any additional sports.   Not that I am that upset by that.    But the facts are the facts, men's tennis, swimming and other sports like wrestling have taken huge hits from Title IX.   K-State dropped men's tennis back in the 80's, ku dropped men's tennis and swimming.    I don't know if K-State wrestling was a Title IX casualty or just a casualty of a bad football program.

Online 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2014, 02:54:11 PM »
I've never understood the butthurt about dropping men's sports relatively few people care about for women's sports relatively few people care about.