Author Topic: NEED HELP! KSU Graduate Students first Trip to Manhattan for the Texas Game  (Read 7182 times)

Offline yoEMAW

• The Engineer
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
You have got to try the burger from Kite's.   :thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
wildcathokie- give me a brief idea of you and the person you and going w/ and what you are looking for. high brow? crap show? somewhere in the middle?

Just keep in mind that hokies are the eunuchs of the bird world.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
 :sdeek:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
after my last final i walked right to the lou with my backsack on and pounded some busch pounders and a spicy egg

Offline Duncan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Myself and a small group will be making it back for this game. One guy in our group went to Virginia.

Let me know if you want me to arrange a meet up so you two can duke it out for our enjoyment.

He's a pretty small guy but I assume he's scrappy.

Probably something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vrYnbWaprg

Offline WildcatHokie

• Fan
    • View Profile
wildcathokie- give me a brief idea of you and the person you and going w/ and what you are looking for. high brow? crap show? somewhere in the middle?

Somewhere in the middle. We aren't high brow at all. Looking to check out the college atmosphere but also knowing we are a few years removed from being college aged ourselves.

Offline millertime

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Power Engineering. Pahwa is my Major Professor. Taken a few courses taught by Starrett, and a bunch of others. You an Engineering major?

I took a class taught by Dr. Starrett a couple years ago. Also I don't know if you want to sit in the student section or not, but there's a ticket exchange group on facebook solely for student tickets. You would have to somehow get the pass back to whoever you bought it from which could be a pain for you.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Hey KSU NATION!  :ksu:

I'm a Hokie (Virginia Tech) undergrad, but for the past 4 years I've been taking classes remotely at KSU to get my Masters in Engineering. My friend and I are both traveling to Manhattan (for the first time ever) to defend our masters on October 24-26. We are planning on attending the KSU/Texas game while we are in town. We'd love some input from true KSU fans. Things like...

- Best places to buy tickets. Is scalping a good option?
- Suggestions on best places to sit for KSU fans. We are willing to pay around $100 per ticket but definitely don't want to sit with the Texas fans. Where do the rowdy KSU fans usually sit?
- General gameday suggestions for cool things to see
- Places we MUST see and great places to eat in manhattan
- Where to buy KSU gear. Shirts, etc.
- Best bars?

Looking forward to the season and especially making the trip to Manhattan!  :billdance:
1. Get iCAT, send PM for details about that.
2. Come party at Casa De Winters
3. Probably has been said, big juicy burger at Kites.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
The Big Train's food (and to some degree bar) recommendations are a bit concerning
:adios:

Offline WildcatHokie

• Fan
    • View Profile

Thanks. I don't think we can do the iCAT since we don't have student IDs and all that. I'll PM.

On vividseats and they have tickets in our price range in the Endzone (sections 13-16) and the upper level (sections 420-430).
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 09:43:43 AM by WildcatHokie »

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
get south endzone before upper deck, watch out for the SE corner or the endzone though, that's where our pals from Austin will be sitting.

Do not eat the burger at Kite's.

Offline Mr_BONES

• Fan
    • View Profile
get south endzone before upper deck, watch out for the SE corner or the endzone though, that's where our pals from Austin will be sitting.

Do not eat the burger at Kite's.

Unless you just want a mediocre burger.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Thanks. I don't think we can do the iCAT since we don't have student IDs and all that. I'll PM.

On vividseats and they have tickets in our price range in the Endzone (sections 13-16) and the upper level (sections 420-430).

I would wait/look elsewhere (stubhub) craigslist MHK, ticket exchange on kstatesports.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
get south endzone before upper deck

Yes, I would recommend this before going to upper deck.  I don't know why you should necessarily avoid the visiting seating section, it's not like you are sitting next to the OU band or Nebraska fans for this game. 

I can't speak for the burger at Kite's.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
get south endzone before upper deck

Yes, I would recommend this before going to upper deck.  I don't know why you should necessarily avoid the visiting seating section, it's not like you are sitting next to the OU band or Nebraska fans for this game. 

I can't speak for the burger at Kite's.

I can.  They are delectable

The Big Train

The Big Train's food (and to some degree bar) recommendations are a bit concerning

which ones  :confused:

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I have no idea how hard or difficult it is to get in to the student section now.
I've got this.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
omg the lounge/station fiasco was pretty lol

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
No, I don't think it can be emphasized enough:  Get the burger at Kite's.   

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
omg the lounge/station fiasco was pretty lol

station's duck fat fries > lou's duck fat fries

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Just go to every bar in the Aggieville district and tell the bartender you want the establishment's signature drink. You will have a lot of fun.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
Just go to every bar in the Aggieville district and tell the bartender you want the establishment's signature drink. You will have a lot of fun but remember none of it an wake up with an itch in personal places and get worried that u got something serious but it turns out that it's nothing but later find out you did get HPV, which you prolly actually got before that night so zall good.
Fixed
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Just go to every bar in the Aggieville district and tell the bartender you want the establishment's signature drink. You will have a lot of fun.

Do this, but go to Auntie Maes last. waks will probably serve you something that will end your night.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
wildcathokie- everybody is screwing with you about kites. it's an inside joke we do to people we don't like but i like you. don't go there. also, try to get out of that hotel you currently have. it's a 1.5 star dump. like somebody said earlier, scalpers might be ok but it's also sometimes hit/miss for big games. check stubhub and craigslist and start right now. stay away from the southeast corner if you don't want opposing fans. that's probably where they will be. also try to avoid upper deck east side (421, 422, etc). those seats are absolute garbage.

for food and drinks just stay in aggieville and you'll be fine.
food-so long saloon, taco lucha, coco bolos, aggie station and rock a belly deli.
for drinks there's a billion places, but i would at least drop into auntie maes (basement bar) and aggie lounge (crap hole) because of the uniqueness of each. make the rounds though. that's what aggieville is for.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 01:05:00 PM by Rick RowdyBoyy Daris »

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
even local beat cops get lounge/station confused  :frown: