Author Topic: NEED HELP! KSU Graduate Students first Trip to Manhattan for the Texas Game  (Read 7120 times)

Offline WildcatHokie

• Fan
    • View Profile
Hey KSU NATION!  :ksu:

I'm a Hokie (Virginia Tech) undergrad, but for the past 4 years I've been taking classes remotely at KSU to get my Masters in Engineering. My friend and I are both traveling to Manhattan (for the first time ever) to defend our masters on October 24-26. We are planning on attending the KSU/Texas game while we are in town. We'd love some input from true KSU fans. Things like...

- Best places to buy tickets. Is scalping a good option?
- Suggestions on best places to sit for KSU fans. We are willing to pay around $100 per ticket but definitely don't want to sit with the Texas fans. Where do the rowdy KSU fans usually sit?
- General gameday suggestions for cool things to see
- Places we MUST see and great places to eat in manhattan
- Where to buy KSU gear. Shirts, etc.
- Best bars?

Looking forward to the season and especially making the trip to Manhattan!  :billdance:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Which engineering? Major profs?
:adios:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Vet his ass, 8mp!

Offline WildcatHokie

• Fan
    • View Profile
Power Engineering. Pahwa is my Major Professor. Taken a few courses taught by Starrett, and a bunch of others. You an Engineering major?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The babe with the pahwa.

Offline WildcatHokie

• Fan
    • View Profile
I don't get it? Am I being vetted? What's 8mp?

Vet his ass, 8mp!

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Power Engineering. Pahwa is my Major Professor. Taken a few courses taught by Starrett, and a bunch of others. You an Engineering major?
Last I checked there was no "power engineering" degree, sorry bub.
:adios:

Offline WildcatHokie

• Fan
    • View Profile
Wait... seriously? I've been taking online courses at KSU for years.

http://www.dce.k-state.edu/engineering/masters/electrical/curriculum

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
Pffft, I bet this guy doesn't even know cDubya. 

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
Virginia Tech is a poor man's K-State.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline WildcatHokie

• Fan
    • View Profile

Ok... I guess I posted in the wrong place or something?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

These guys are huge a-holes. Is it too late to get a refund on those correspondence courses?

Offline WildcatHokie

• Fan
    • View Profile

These guys are huge a-holes. Is it too late to get a refund on those correspondence courses?

I guess I'll be leaving now...  :Crybaby:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Don't listen to them wildhokie, most of these kids still live in their moms basement.  Welcome to the most informative message board in the world. 

You'll want to try and get a room at the Bluemont hotel.  It's opening this fall and right by campus and Aggieville (bar district).  Just follow the lead of what everyone else on here does/goes and you'll be all set.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I think going to so long and getting a shirt at thread would be a good idea.  I would also recommend getting tickets ahead of time as scalping market is very uneven.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
There's a really good Olive Garden in town. It's a little pricey but you've got that Virginia Tech money. :kstategrad:
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline WildcatHokie

• Fan
    • View Profile
Thanks meow meow and Kat Kid. All the rooms were booked for that weekend so we got a room at at Americas Best Value Inn (doesn't have great reviews but was the closest place to campus with available rooms).

Will definitely check out so long and thread.

Mainly concerned about where in the stadium to get tickets. I'd just prefer not to be in the visitor section.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Thanks meow meow and Kat Kid. All the rooms were booked for that weekend so we got a room at at Americas Best Value Inn (doesn't have great reviews but was the closest place to campus with available rooms).

Will definitely check out so long and thread.

Mainly concerned about where in the stadium to get tickets. I'd just prefer not to be in the visitor section.

Make sure you do not purchase tickets in the visitor section, in that case.  If you avoid doing that, you should be surrounded by a destruction of wildcats.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
NEED HELP! KSU Graduate Students first Trip to Manhattan for the Texas Game
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2014, 07:48:00 PM »
What is your budget?  For tickets.

Offline WildcatHokie

• Fan
    • View Profile
There's a really good Olive Garden in town. It's a little pricey but you've got that Virginia Tech money. :kstategrad:

You mean this money?  :cool:  http://i.ytimg.com/vi/AdKnJDwOAgE/0.jpg

Offline WildcatHokie

• Fan
    • View Profile
Around $100 per?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
NEED HELP! KSU Graduate Students first Trip to Manhattan for the Texas Game
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2014, 07:59:49 PM »
Around $100 per?

I would recommend looking for east side club level seats or west side sections 5-11.

You might be able to grab a pair if you diligently check the third party sites starting now.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I have no idea how hard or difficult it is to get in to the student section now.

The Big Train

I'm a Hokie (Virginia Tech) undergrad, but for the past 4 years I've been taking classes remotely at KSU to get my Masters in Engineering. My friend and I are both traveling to Manhattan (for the first time ever) to defend our masters on October 24-26. We are planning on attending the KSU/Texas game while we are in town. We'd love some input from true KSU fans. Things like...

- Best places to buy tickets. Is scalping a good option? Buy tickets from other KSU buds on craigslist or that powercat ticket exchange thing

- Suggestions on best places to sit for KSU fans. We are willing to pay around $100 per ticket but definitely don't want to sit with the Texas fans. Where do the rowdy KSU fans usually sit? The best seats(I think) are West stadium chairbacks(tons of tucks tho), my seats are south endzone/bowl and I like them

- General gameday suggestions for cool things to see Get there early, bring tailgate stuff, lots of booze and food, be nice to Robert when you see him

- Places we MUST see and great places to eat in manhattan So long's, Taco Lucha, Cox Bro's BBQ, Jimmy John's(after the bars close Saturday night/Sunday morning)

- Where to buy KSU gear. Shirts, etc. Varney's or the new K-State Super Store

- Best bars? Aggie Station, So Longs, Kites is ok, if you feel dirty definitely Tubby's dance side, even dirtier Rusty's

Looking forward to the season and especially making the trip to Manhattan!  :billdance:

Offline WildcatHokie

• Fan
    • View Profile

- Best places to buy tickets. Is scalping a good option? Buy tickets from other KSU buds on craigslist or that powercat ticket exchange thing

- Suggestions on best places to sit for KSU fans. We are willing to pay around $100 per ticket but definitely don't want to sit with the Texas fans. Where do the rowdy KSU fans usually sit? The best seats(I think) are West stadium chairbacks(tons of tucks tho), my seats are south endzone/bowl and I like them

- General gameday suggestions for cool things to see Get there early, bring tailgate stuff, lots of booze and food, be nice to Robert when you see him

- Places we MUST see and great places to eat in manhattan So long's, Taco Lucha, Cox Bro's BBQ, Jimmy John's(after the bars close Saturday night/Sunday morning)

- Where to buy KSU gear. Shirts, etc. Varney's or the new K-State Super Store

- Best bars? Aggie Station, So Longs, Kites is ok, if you feel dirty definitely Tubby's dance side, even dirtier Rusty's

THANKS! PERFECT!