Author Topic: IDEA (for sfa game)  (Read 2777 times)

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
IDEA (for sfa game)
« on: August 27, 2014, 10:21:47 PM »
For people not going to the game, whether you live out of state, or just aren't going for whatever reason, what if we all get online onto goEMAW when the game is starting and then during the game we post about the game to each other?  We could post about plays we liked or didn't like and just basically talk about the game while we watch.  I was thinking we could even have a thread just for this purpose, just for us to post about the sfa game.  I don't know, just an idea.  I would be willing to start a thread like that if anyone would be interested.  Let me know.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: IDEA (for sfa game)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 10:24:18 PM »
will miss the game but pls don't delete the thread so I can read it later

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 10:26:20 PM »
Maybe you could name this thread "SFA game thread". I'm not sure about whether you should capitalize "game" or "thread", but it's just an idea, :dunno:
I'm purple down

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 10:28:19 PM »
Maybe you could name this thread "SFA game thread". I'm not sure about whether you should capitalize "game" or "thread", but it's just an idea, :dunno:
Or maybe "SFA official game thread" (again not sure on the capitalization)  just so people don't get mixed up, :dunno:
I'm purple down

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 10:29:10 PM »
I would be game for some sort of live "chat" software instead of a whole thread
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 10:30:20 PM »
Or maybe "SFA official game thread" (again not sure on the capitalization)  just so people don't get mixed up, :dunno:
What I'm saying 33 is that I would be interested in such a thread, if it exists, during the game, even if you don't take my thread naming suggestions
I'm purple down

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 10:31:21 PM »
For people not going to the game, whether you live out of state, or just aren't going for whatever reason, what if we all get online onto goEMAW when the game is starting and then during the game we post about the game to each other?  We could post about plays we liked or didn't like and just basically talk about the game while we watch.  I was thinking we could even have a thread just for this purpose, just for us to post about the sfa game.  I don't know, just an idea.  I would be willing to start a thread like that if anyone would be interested.  Let me know.

are you serious? good luck with your weird impossible dream :lol:

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 10:32:01 PM »
don't kick kim carnes from the game live temporary thread, chingon

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 10:33:06 PM »
 I think this is a really cool idea.... just think how boss it would be if something really bad happens like Waters throws a pick six and we all post some version of 'aw shucks' within a few moments.    :Woot:  :Woot:

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 10:35:37 PM »
What I'm saying 33 is that I would be interested in such a thread, if it exists, during the game, even if you don't take my thread naming suggestions

I think both suggestions would work fine.  I hadn't given a name much thought to be honest, I wanted to kind of gauge the interest before I put much time and effort into all the details.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 10:37:48 PM »

I think both suggestions would work fine.  I hadn't given a name much thought to be honest, I wanted to kind of gauge the interest before I put much time and effort into all the details.
Consider my interest gauged :excited:
I'm purple down

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 11:21:48 PM »
Are we installing stuff this year so phones work at the stadium? Because that could be critical.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2014, 11:25:28 PM »

Yes, it must be the "Official" thread.   It's not official, unless it says "official". 

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2014, 11:26:03 PM »
I think this is a really cool idea.... just think how boss it would be if something really bad happens like Waters throws a pick six and we all post some version of 'aw shucks' within a few moments.    :Woot:  :Woot:
It might break the Intertubes.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2014, 12:39:00 AM »

I'll be at the game observing in real time. And we all know how hard it is to get a post out from The Bill during a game. That said, it would be great to be able to return to the Casa de Bones to read the running commentary and perspectives of gE's who could not attend in person, listened on radio, or could squeeze a post out from the stadium. After all, we are all in this together.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2014, 12:46:51 AM »
I squeezed out a gE post from a cats game once. was pretty pumped about it.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 01:33:54 AM by Benja »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2014, 07:46:44 AM »
Both fb and bb need a SportingKC like system so we can bbs in attendance.   How much could that cost?  I mean, we are basically printing money via our outrageous and multitude successes.  Can we not toss a little to the rough ridin' IT dept?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2014, 05:48:02 PM »
OK judging from the responses in this thread and also the PM's I have received it seems like there is enough interest in this thing to go ahead and set up the details.  My plan is to open the thread at around 5:45.  This would give us enough time before kick to discuss some pre game topics, make predictions, things like that.  Obviously this is a come and go type of thread so feel free to pop in and out as you please if you have other arrangements during the game.  I don't know what you guys are doing for food but I'll be grilling some brats and maybe some potato skins.  I know that doesn't really pertain to the game thread but I just wanted to let you guys know.  Go cats!

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2014, 06:09:10 PM »
Ok, so maybe start off your thread (when it's time) with a nice simple "go cats!" or "fight, you k-state wildcats!", and then from that point on, it's all instant reaction posts. Boom boom bang. Nothing coherent at all, just one or two word exclamatory posts based on what just happened. If somebody who didn't watch the game reads the thread, you want them to be unable to glean any actual information on how the game went, just that several people reacted passionately to going-ons at various moments. Good luck.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 10:06:38 PM by Benja »

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2014, 06:18:24 PM »
Can you clarify something for me? Will I have to have some sort of special pass code or will I just be logging directly into goEMAW.com and use my normal password ('password' :lol:)

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2014, 06:19:42 PM »
Will there be snack breaks? I hope there are snack breaks! :crossfingers:
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2014, 10:07:17 PM »
I made a really good post about how in-game threads work ITT

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2014, 10:11:10 PM »
umm.... the royals will be playing

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2014, 10:19:24 PM »
umm.... the royals will be playing

Yep

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2014, 10:28:38 PM »
make sure you put a bunch of asterisks in the title so that people can find it easily

like for example:

*******************Official KSU vs SFA Game Thread*************************
emaw