Author Topic: Another One For Our Guy Daniel  (Read 162836 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Another One For Our Guy Daniel
« on: October 13, 2013, 08:20:36 AM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Another One For Our Guy Daniel
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 09:09:56 AM »
4. Daniel Sams has star potential: This season, the Big 12 is loaded with QBs who can cause damage with their wheels -- notably Bell, Oklahoma State’s J.W. Walsh and TCU’s Trevone Boykin. But nobody in the league comes close to what Sams is able to do on the ground. The K-State QB shredded Baylor’s defense for 199 rushing yards and three touchdowns, nearly leading the Wildcats to the upset as 17-point underdogs. When Sams was in the game, the Bears knew what was coming. And they still couldn’t stop it. Sams’ big limitation right now is with his decision-making in the passing game. For the second straight week, he was picked off on a potential game-winning drive in the fourth quarter. But Sams quietly has the second-best adjusted QBR (86.5) in the Big 12, behind only Petty (95.1). With an 0-3 start in the league, this has clearly become a rebuilding season for the Wildcats. But they have something to rebuild around in their sophomore quarterback.

@ESPN_Big12: What we learned in the Big 12: Week 7 http://t.co/kXvxb9C5yy

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 09:19:41 AM »
as long as we ride or die, (mostly ride) with Daniel rest of the season, he will be scary good next year. I can't even fathom how beastly he'll be by his senior year.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 09:34:35 AM »
steve dave (how are you?) can you tell me how many, if any, ESPN helmet stickers Jake Waters has earned so far this season?
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 09:37:09 AM »
steve dave (how are you?) can you tell me how many, if any, ESPN helmet stickers Jake Waters has earned so far this season?

I am well AJ. How are you? I don't believe Jake has any helmet stickers unless he got some from Iowa State for blowing Paul Rhoades on twitter.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 09:38:56 AM »

I am well AJ. How are you? I don't believe Jake has any helmet stickers unless he got some from Iowa State for blowing Paul Rhoades on twitter.

One dork said he "graded out" well after the Texas game.

Dork.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 09:40:05 AM »

One dork said he "graded out" well after the Texas game.

Dork.

I'm pretty sure that was haverhill

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 10:08:44 AM »
Our guy is #8 in the entire country in QBR

http://espn.go.com/ncf/qbr

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 10:14:22 AM »

hmmm, seems odd he is getting as much playing time as he is. i took a look at the numbers this morning and something stuck out to me - Sams appears to be a lot better player.

I'm doing great btw. cats.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2013, 10:21:21 AM »

hmmm, seems odd he is getting as much playing time as he is. i took a look at the numbers this morning and something stuck out to me - Sams appears to be a lot better player.

I'm doing great btw. cats.

Waters is the better passer.  6/15 duh

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2013, 10:24:53 AM »
For our guy and his team from our other guy Ubben....

Kansas State might be the best 2-4 team ever. The Wildcats have played a difficult schedule to this point with road games at Texas and Oklahoma State before hosting the Big 12's best team this week. K-State's loss to Texas was the only one of the four losses in which the Wildcats didn't lead in the fourth quarter. K-State knows who it is now, and will rely more on Daniel Sams' legs moving forward, so long as he stays healthy. As the schedule softens and teams like Iowa State and Kansas start showing up on the schedule, the Wildcats will look a lot better. This is still a bowl team.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2013, 10:38:22 AM »
Scott Sewell – USA TODAY Sports
The Kansas State Wildcats have struggled early in the 2013 season but came to play against the high-flying offense of the Baylor Bears. It’s clear that nobody can truly shut down this Baylor attack right now, so it was important for K-State to find some offense to try and keep pace. With the defense doing its part and holding the Baylor offense largely in check, it was quarterback Daniel Sams who stepped up and provided a major spark for the Wildcats and gave them a chance to upend the hottest team in college football.
Sams came off the bench on Saturday and put his mark on the game quickly. He provided consistent production on the ground, leading the Cats on a scoring drive in the second quarter, finishing it off with a 1-yard rush, to cut the Baylor lead to 21-10 at the half. In the third quarter, he kept the momentum going with the help of some phenomenal plays from the KSU defense and scored 15-unanswered to take a 25-21 lead to start the fourth quarter. Sams finished off both touchdown drives himself with tough, short-yardage runs.
He finished the day with 30 rushes for 199 yards and three scores and was nearly unstoppable when he ran with the ball. Not so much when passing, though, as he finished completing just four of seven passes for 41 yards and an interception that sealed the game for Baylor late in the fourth quarter. He might have made the final mistake which ended the team’s chance of stealing the win but he was the only reason that the Cats generated enough offense for them to be in the game in the first place, accounting for 231 of the team’s 444 yards and scoring all of their touchdowns.
It’s clear that this is not the Kansas State team who won the Big 12 title last season, but Sams looks like he has the skill set to provide some kind of spark to the K-State offense. His ability to make plays with his legs, even in a loss, should earn him a more prominent role in the offense going forward.

catzacker

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2013, 10:43:42 AM »
I am thinking they are going to give Waters a series or two so Daniel doesn't have to take as many hits.  Instead of, ya know, trying to figure out/gameplan crap Daniel (and Hubert) can do other than QB sweeps.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2013, 11:05:43 AM »
I am thinking they are going to give Waters a series or two so Daniel doesn't have to take as many hits.  Instead of, ya know, trying to figure out/gameplan crap Daniel (and Hubert) can do other than QB sweeps.

I think that's how it will go, too.

Honestly, I'm okay with trotting out Waters on the first drive when we can run scripted plays.  He seems to do well there until we get to the red zone.

That's when we bring Daniel in to take it home.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2013, 11:09:20 AM »

Honestly, I'm okay with trotting out Waters on the first drive when we can run scripted plays.  He seems to do well there until we get to the red zone.

I'm here too, especially since its clear Bill is going to insist on using both. As long as #ourguy is getting 80% of the snaps.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2013, 11:20:21 AM »
Honestly, I'm okay with trotting out Waters on the first drive

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2013, 11:21:21 AM »
Sams gets 100% of the snaps or burn this mother rough rider down.  :don'tcare:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2013, 11:32:48 AM »
Hey guys, who is the best 2-4 team ever?

catzacker

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2013, 11:45:52 AM »

I would rather they just figured out how to use Daniel better.  He should have TBL and Thompson back for WVU; the staff should just be trying to figure out throws that Daniel can be comfortable making to those two guys.  Any time on any plays for Jake is wasted.  Figure out how to gameplan with Daniel as THE QB. 

...sadly, they won't.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2013, 11:54:31 AM »
fans love him, media loves him, god knows his momma loves him.  LOVE HIM BILL!
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2013, 11:56:13 AM »

The fighting go cats of Kansas state!!!!

Honestly tho I'm pumped for the rest of the season

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2013, 11:58:27 AM »

THAT MAKES 2 OF US

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2013, 12:58:31 PM »

I would rather they just figured out how to use Daniel better.  He should have TBL and Thompson back for WVU; the staff should just be trying to figure out throws that Daniel can be comfortable making to those two guys.  Any time on any plays for Jake is wasted.  Figure out how to gameplan with Daniel as THE QB. 

...sadly, they won't.

yes, all of this.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2013, 01:05:42 PM »

THAT MAKES 2 OF US

E-high five headed your way

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2013, 01:47:19 PM »
what game do you guys think our guy will finally get to start?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite