Author Topic: LHC Bill Snyder FAMILY OUTDOOR TAVERN: Booze now allowed!!!!!  (Read 18094 times)

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
Re: LHC Bill Snyder FAMILY OUTDOOR TAVERN: Booze now allowed!!!!!
« Reply #175 on: August 27, 2014, 03:29:54 PM »
This sounds like a good weekend to end my experimentation with a lifestyle rooted in moderation.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 27, 2014, 03:30:59 PM »
If boozing is encouraged enough, we should be able to oversell our seats by like 20% without problem due to shitfaced ppl not actually making the game due to being too shitfaced.

If they could identify the most commonly shitfaced people and issue them non-existant seat numbers, that would be ideal!

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 27, 2014, 03:34:33 PM »
There was a nice argument earlier in this thread about which beers are hipster

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 27, 2014, 03:36:59 PM »
consider my dick out

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 27, 2014, 03:38:08 PM »

Let's all raise our cans of beer together and be #1Cat regardless of beer choice

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: August 27, 2014, 03:38:39 PM »
BSFS parking lot: 27 square miles of uninterrupted asphalt and great people.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 27, 2014, 03:39:05 PM »

Let's all raise our cans of beer together and be #1Cat regardless of beer choice

of course

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 27, 2014, 03:40:38 PM »
If boozing is encouraged enough, we should be able to oversell our seats by like 20% without problem due to shitfaced ppl not actually making the game due to being too shitfaced.

If they could identify the most commonly shitfaced people and issue them non-existant seat numbers, that would be ideal!

This may of may not have happened to Metalhead during the 2012 CTR. He may or may not have been time-traveling.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 27, 2014, 03:42:28 PM »
BSFS parking lot: why have trees when they just get in the way of the people boozing their faces off?

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 27, 2014, 04:07:25 PM »

Officer Daris (or others). Is it ok to drink beer out of the can this year?  Last year the cops said it was ok. Just wanting to make sure we still on the same page.

Great poetry but it doesn't answer my question

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: LHC LHC Bill Snyder FAMILY OUTDOOR TAVERN: Booze now allowed!!!!!
« Reply #185 on: August 28, 2014, 12:37:52 PM »
picture this:

you're at the most beautiful and historic football venue in the world (the parking lot of BSFS) and all of your best buds are there. It's a 65 degree fall day and the sun is shining. you can hear marching band music and smell charcoal and you could not feel more amazing than you do because you are completely shitfaced on booze.

And then they bulldozed our parking lots to put up some campus buildings and a pond. because ku fans made fun of us.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 08, 2016, 09:19:41 PM »
our lovable shaggy orange brethren sold $1.8M of booze at football games last fall, including $500k worth of miller lite :love:

http://www.chron.com/local/education/campus-chronicles/article/UT-made-half-a-million-off-Miller-Lites-this-6738757.php

University of Texas officials might feel a bit of a buzz after selling more than $1.8 million during the school's first year offering alcoholic beverages at Longhorn football games.

More than half of the total came from sales of light beer.

The school sold 62,275 Miller Lites -- the top-selling beer at the stadium, totaling $494,000 alone, according to records provided to the Houston Chronicle. Miller was the second-highest sold item at stadium concessions, behind only bottled water.

Coors Light, the third-highest selling product, and Bud Light, the sixth-highest, brought in $433,290 and $182,828, respectively. Sales of wine and hard liquor were far lower.
See the full break down of sales in the gallery above.

Officials at the flagship sought for years to sell alcohol at football games, a move that was blocked by the university system in the past. UT Chancellor Bill McRaven, who was hired last year and had yet to weigh in on the issue, gave the OK in June.

Dozens of schools, including West Virginia and Kansas State, have started selling beer at games, in some cases citing binge drinking at pre-game tailgates as a reason. The Austin flagship became the fourth UT System school — after The University of Texas at El Paso, The University of Texas at San Antonio and The University of Texas at Arlington – to serve adult beverages at sports events. Other in-state institutions offering similar service are the University of North Texas, SMU and the University of Houston.

UT Austin President Gregory Fenves said on his first day on the job that he wanted to sell alcohol at games. But it wasn't about the money, officials have said. UT already provided football fans a world-class experience.

"I think being able to serve beer to them is part of that experience," Fenves said at the time.

Alcohol accounted for more than half of the $3.7 million in food and drinks sold at the stadium.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 09, 2016, 12:02:56 AM »
I enjoyed a few Miller Lites at my last visit to DKR.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 09, 2016, 12:11:10 AM »
I'd be curious to see if they have stats on alcohol related medical calls around the stadium. 

Last football game at BSFS there was a guy tossed out for puking all over.  Kept trying to give the attendants (looked like student workers) money as an apology and the supervisor wouldn't let them keep it.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 09, 2016, 09:13:53 AM »
I'd be curious to see if they have stats on alcohol related medical calls around the stadium. 

Last football game at BSFS there was a guy tossed out for puking all over.  Kept trying to give the attendants (looked like student workers) money as an apology and the supervisor wouldn't let them keep it.
Incidents actually went down after WVU implemented. With access to booze during a game people are less likely to binge before and at half. Halftime is what got me for TCU.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 10, 2016, 12:19:24 AM »
 :cheers:

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 10, 2016, 10:11:10 AM »
Oh man!

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 10, 2016, 10:46:14 AM »

Incidents actually went down after WVU implemented. With access to booze during a game people are less likely to binge before and at half. Halftime is what got me for TCU.

Exactly what I hope they tracked.  :cheers: But in moderation.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting