Author Topic: KSU Cat Michael Beasley to Lakers? (nope phoenix) (oh wait yep, lakers!!!)  (Read 165992 times)

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KSU Cat Michael Beasley to Lakers? (nope phoenix)
« Reply #775 on: January 24, 2018, 06:56:08 AM »
"Michael Beasley again, jam after jam after jam."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmk1VSxF7Q8

Good to see Lance Thomas' minutes going down and Beasley's staying up even though Tim Hardaway Jr is back.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: January 25, 2018, 10:57:19 PM »
Michael Beasley chooses Knicks over Kevin Durant reunion

DENVER — Thanks for the sentiment, Kevin Durant, but Michael Beasley seems like he would rather stick with the Knicks next season than bolt to the Warriors’ juggernaut.

Durant talked a lot about his DC buddy Beasley in his postgame press conference Tuesday night after the Knicks’ 123-112 loss at Golden State, lavishing plaudits on his skill level and agreeing with his friend’s controversial preseason assessment that he “matches up talent-wise” with LeBron James and Durant.

But KD saved his bombshell nugget for the San Jose Mercury News, saying how “amazing’’ it would be to play with Beasley next season on the Warriors, who won’t have cap space but will wield the $5.3 million taxpayer exception.

Beasley was flattered by his buddy’s remarks and acknowledged they have talked about being NBA teammates since they were kids. But Beasley said he would prefer to make New York his home.

Beasley, an impending free agent, told The Post he’s tired of moving and hopes his scoring prowess this season will earn him a long-term spot as a Knick. He also said it wouldn’t be appropriate to start fantasizing about playing with the Warriors next season.

“He’s a best friend. Why not?’’ Beasley said. “But right now I’m a New York Knick. So me placing myself on another team during the season is not fair to my guys. Let the summer be the summer.

“One thing I do think about it is me being tired of moving — having a long-time home,’’ Beasley added. “I don’t want to move anymore.’

When told Durant said Wednesday “he’s found a solid home in New York and hopefully he sticks there,” Beasley responded, “Me too.”

Nevertheless, Durant let his mind wander about hooking up with Beasley next season in Golden State: “It would be amazing,’’ Durant told the Bay Area newspaper. “Especially now, I mean, if we link up now at this age, we done so much, seen so much, being on this league as a player.

“It would have to be next year. I’ll be 30, he’ll be 30 too, so it’ll be like, man — to finally meet up as grown men. Imagine if we were on the same team, that’ll be crazy.”

Beasley, 29, was teammates with Durant twice in high school — at National Christian Academy in Maryland and Oak Hill Academy in Virginia. Beasley admitted that playing together has long been a topic of their conversations.

“All the time before we even thought we could make the NBA,’’ Beasley said. “Before we knew it was a possibility. That’s what best friends do. Talk about the future. Would it be amazing to play with him? One hundred percent. But like I said, I got to fight with my guys.”

Beasley signed a one-year deal for the $2.2 million veteran’s minimum. He has been on a scoring binge since Tim Hardaway Jr. was injured in November. Beasley’s scoring average is now at 12.6 in 19 minutes per game, and “The Walking Bucket’’ is shooting 52.5 percent.

During his 32-point explosion that beat Boston last month, the Garden fans chanted “M-V-P.’’ Certainly Beasley has taken a liking to the big stage after a journeyman’s career.

Durant said Beasley never “got a fair chance’’ before the Knicks. Durant was the No. 2 pick by the SuperSonics, who later became the Thunder, in 2007. Beasley was the No. 2 pick by the Heat in 2008.

On Wednesday, Beasley stepped in for Kristaps Porzingis as starting power forward in the loss, scoring 21 points, four rebounds and four assists and kept the Knicks close into the third quarter.

During training camp, Beasley received scorn for comparing his skill level to James and Durant in Bleacher Report.

“People criticize everything I say,’’ Beasley said. “Ever notice that? I know how good I am. I know how hard I work. It’s good for guys like KD to acknowledge it.”

Indeed, Durant said the comparison isn’t crazy.

“I love Beas,’’ Durant said after Tuesday’s game. “I love his family. I love what he’s doing. He never had a fair chance. I said in a comment earlier this year before the season where he said he was just as skilled as LeBron and myself, and I was feeling him on that.

“I was feeling him, because he is. He can score from anywhere. He can score on anybody. He can use both hands, but there’s something else that separates. I think that’s just the difference, the mental part of it. And he’s got the foundation of his game set, it’s just time to build on top of it.”

Beasley said he and Durant have borrowed from each other’s games but noted KD has been more of a work machine.

“In my lifetime, as hard as I work, I’ve put up a millions of shots,’’ Beasley said. “He’s definitely got up at least twice as many. His jump shot has always been a little better than mine.’’

After Hardaway’s injury, Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek started trusting Beasley as a mainstay of the rotation. Whether Beasley will be re-signed is unclear.

“He’s played his way into a nice deal hopefully, and he’s come in handy for this team throughout the whole season, so I’m proud of him,” Durant said.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
  • Let's go get a couple bowls of loudmouth soup
    • View Profile

The Big Train

« Reply #780 on: February 06, 2018, 09:34:15 PM »
Those 'ceps are bigger than Jake 'noodle arm' Waters could ever dream of  :horrorsurprise:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: February 06, 2018, 10:05:27 PM »
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/michael-beasley-is-instant-offense-but-hes-stuck-being-an-nba-nomad/?ex_cid=538twitter

One obstacle to finding a perfect basketball marriage: Beasley’s position and on-the-court style don’t generally lend themselves to playing alongside many of the stars he’s teamed up with. This season, he’s played fewer than 200 minutes with Porzingis (whom he usually subs in for).

https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/961086639094169600

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: February 06, 2018, 10:17:37 PM »
maybe if they used beasley more porzingis wouldn't have been injured!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
  • Let's go get a couple bowls of loudmouth soup
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: February 14, 2018, 07:11:15 PM »
Beaz + dogs?
https://twitter.com/SLAMonline/status/963903081166589952

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The Big Train

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: May 24, 2018, 12:15:48 AM »
This show must be so rough ridin' horrible when Beasley's not on it.  Beas was hilarious and relatively polite about it.

http://www.trutv.com/full-episodes/the-chris-gethard-show/2160548/index.html

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjH9AVfBse7/

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: May 24, 2018, 08:38:28 AM »
This show must be so rough ridin' horrible when Beasley's not on it.  Beas was hilarious and relatively polite about it.

http://www.trutv.com/full-episodes/the-chris-gethard-show/2160548/index.html

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjH9AVfBse7/

I enjoy the show.  Had no idea about Beas until I watched my DVR'd episode last night.

Since it's live, it's really hit or miss based on the guest and the topic.  Tuesday's would've been a miss if not for Beas.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: May 24, 2018, 09:28:37 AM »
i still  listen to gethard's podcast from time to time but don't find him funny at all

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 14, 2018, 11:26:19 PM »
:emawkid:

Exhibition game here 10/6.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 15, 2018, 06:15:05 AM »
plz no

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 15, 2018, 08:22:31 AM »
i’d love it

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: June 15, 2018, 05:38:16 PM »
Oh hell yes

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: June 17, 2018, 04:04:53 AM »
Beasley would essentially play the Durant role with the Warriors second unit. I think it would be a great fit. He would be a legitimate All-Star most-improved player candidate.

Beasley would average 20/8 with the Warriors and would be especially fun in all the garbage time games GSW is sure to have. Guys would be not giving a crap and Beasley would be busy getting buckets.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: June 17, 2018, 05:39:41 AM »
he'd be underpaid and play 15 minutes a game, when he deserves to be overpaid and play 30+ starter minutes.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: June 17, 2018, 03:36:26 PM »
he'd be underpaid and play 15 minutes a game, when he deserves to be overpaid and play 30+ starter minutes.

He will finally get that championship, though. It’s not all about money and playing time.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: June 18, 2018, 09:38:27 AM »
When he sucked, didn't he sit on the bench with a Lebron Heat team?  :confused: