Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 323390 times)

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats
« Reply #2675 on: July 26, 2016, 11:45:31 AM »
Do you ketocats supplement your fiber intake with supplements?

I do, on the days I need it.  Most days I don't need to.

Emo, the carbs are why you are hungry so often, btw.  That said, if it works, cool man.

What is your go to supp?
@mikec2w

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: July 26, 2016, 11:50:48 AM »

Emo, the carbs are why you are hungry so often, btw.  That said, if it works, cool man.

What is your go to supp?

Old man benefiber. I eat a crap load of leafy greens and other veg, though.  I don't usually have to supplement it.  Same with protein.  Other than certain vitamins that are excreted more rapidly while in keto then while not, I don't hardly use supplements any more.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: July 26, 2016, 12:06:59 PM »

Ya I just have that big gap from lunch till dinner.  I don't want to up my fats for several reasons, the most important of them being that I have a freezer full of deer I need to eat before the next deer is here in October. 

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: July 27, 2016, 05:09:21 PM »
from the keto group I follow on FB...

Meal frequency does not affect metabolic rate.

This is one of the biggest and most long-standing myths in nutrition and health. If it didn’t fit so perfectly into the timing discussion, we’d have saved it for the myths and fads chapter. Looking at all of the available evidence (which previous researchers were so kind to put into comprehensive reviews), it’s just not true that eating more meals increases metabolic rates. When calories are equated, there is no difference in metabolism (and thus weight loss) between eating 6 meals a day or even 1 meal a day. Yes, your metabolism does slow when you don’t eat for a while. But when you eat a HUGE meal, it revs up like crazy to digest and absorb it, cancelling out pretty much the whole period of lower metabolism that preceded the meal. And while frequent meals do keep your metabolism humming along, they are smaller than the huge single meal and thus the hum of your metabolism is never a roar with frequent meals. The “overall volume” of your metabolic rate ends up being the same and you neither gain nor lose weight appreciably faster with higher or lower meal frequencies.

- From an upcoming RP book about diet and health (vs. performance). No release date yet, but we plan on making it an awesome resource for folks tired of so many contradictory health claims floating around. Oh and the "myths and fads" section will... be.... MASSIVE!

This guy is Mike Israetel and works at Temple U on this stuff.  This is a part of a book he is writing.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: July 27, 2016, 06:20:15 PM »
Are you ok with gaining a few pounds of fat when bulking emo?  If so I've got the perfect regimen for you.  It's easy to cut the few pounds of fat after you hit your mass goals anyway.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: July 28, 2016, 08:02:57 AM »
from the keto group I follow on FB...

Meal frequency does not affect metabolic rate.

This is one of the biggest and most long-standing myths in nutrition and health. If it didn’t fit so perfectly into the timing discussion, we’d have saved it for the myths and fads chapter. Looking at all of the available evidence (which previous researchers were so kind to put into comprehensive reviews), it’s just not true that eating more meals increases metabolic rates. When calories are equated, there is no difference in metabolism (and thus weight loss) between eating 6 meals a day or even 1 meal a day. Yes, your metabolism does slow when you don’t eat for a while. But when you eat a HUGE meal, it revs up like crazy to digest and absorb it, cancelling out pretty much the whole period of lower metabolism that preceded the meal. And while frequent meals do keep your metabolism humming along, they are smaller than the huge single meal and thus the hum of your metabolism is never a roar with frequent meals. The “overall volume” of your metabolic rate ends up being the same and you neither gain nor lose weight appreciably faster with higher or lower meal frequencies.

- From an upcoming RP book about diet and health (vs. performance). No release date yet, but we plan on making it an awesome resource for folks tired of so many contradictory health claims floating around. Oh and the "myths and fads" section will... be.... MASSIVE!

This guy is Mike Israetel and works at Temple U on this stuff.  This is a part of a book he is writing.

That group is pretty great.  There is a lot of good information shared.
@mikec2w

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: July 28, 2016, 09:13:56 AM »
Are you ok with gaining a few pounds of fat when bulking emo?  If so I've got the perfect regimen for you.  It's easy to cut the few pounds of fat after you hit your mass goals anyway.

Ya man hit me with it.  I noticed some uptick in BF the last couple days anyway. 

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: July 28, 2016, 07:24:58 PM »

Ya man hit me with it.  I noticed some uptick in BF the last couple days anyway. 

ok, let me know if you prefer free weight excercises or machine excercises.  I'll PM the deets (TLDR for this thread) once you let me know your preference.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: July 28, 2016, 08:38:43 PM »

ok, let me know if you prefer free weight excercises or machine excercises.  I'll PM the deets (TLDR for this thread) once you let me know your preference.

I do both!  Typically I'll start free weights (like for example bench press) and then as I get tired move to machines so I don't hurt myself.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: July 28, 2016, 08:42:17 PM »
I bought a mark Bell Slingshot last week and used it this week for bench and today for pushups.  It forces form and helps with isolation.  Feels really restricting on bench so far(feels awkward, which probably means I need it and have bad form), but it is pretty bad ass for pushups.

Basically makes you able to do more weight and safer.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2685 on: July 28, 2016, 10:44:22 PM »
I could get you to 700 lbs before President Trump auctions off his first wildlife refuge.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: July 29, 2016, 04:24:26 PM »

I do both!  Typically I'll start free weights (like for example bench press) and then as I get tired move to machines so I don't hurt myself.

pm sent

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: July 29, 2016, 05:20:18 PM »

pm sent

Will read and digest (haha!).  Thanks.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: August 08, 2016, 07:05:00 PM »
I made these tonight and they were awesome. Tasted like cheese crackers.

www.joyfulabode.com/low-carb-snacks-homemade-baked-cheese-crisps-recipe/
@mikec2w

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: August 08, 2016, 08:42:28 PM »
I bought a mark Bell Slingshot last week and used it this week for bench and today for pushups.  It forces form and helps with isolation.  Feels really restricting on bench so far(feels awkward, which probably means I need it and have bad form), but it is pretty bad ass for pushups.

Basically makes you able to do more weight and safer.

You're going to be wearing a triple-ply suit for squats in no time.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: August 08, 2016, 08:44:54 PM »
I am going to have to google that....

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: August 08, 2016, 08:46:29 PM »
That would be hilarious

The Big Train

« Reply #2692 on: August 08, 2016, 09:04:02 PM »
I'm a solid week back into it and I'm still sore

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: August 08, 2016, 10:33:37 PM »
That would be hilarious

Did you run across pictures of steroid bloat mark bell!?!?!?!  :excited:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: August 09, 2016, 09:13:33 AM »
2 things.

1) I got a Garmin Fenix 3 HR and after figuring it out, it's pretty sweet. 

2) I went on a 5 day vacation and lost 3 pounds. :(  No doubt I was running a calorie deficit backpacking all over and not eating enough.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: August 09, 2016, 10:39:07 AM »
That would be hilarious

Did you run across pictures of steroid bloat mark bell!?!?!?!  :excited:

Nope, just the suit you mentioned with a very cheesy logo/mascot/something on the front. 

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: August 09, 2016, 10:41:13 AM »
I am 6 weeks into yoga(once a week) and that stuff is legit.  I wish my schedule allowed for a second or third time weekly.  Really helping my hip flexibility and shoulders too.  I really like it.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: August 09, 2016, 11:52:07 AM »
I am 6 weeks into yoga(once a week) and that stuff is legit.  I wish my schedule allowed for a second or third time weekly.  Really helping my hip flexibility and shoulders too.  I really like it.

I've been working on some hip opening stretches myself before I go to bed at night. I'm having less back pain and getting better quality sleep. I've thought about seeking out a beginner's yoga class here in town, but have not really pursued it yet.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: August 09, 2016, 12:14:41 PM »

I've been working on some hip opening stretches myself before I go to bed at night. I'm having less back pain and getting better quality sleep. I've thought about seeking out a beginner's yoga class here in town, but have not really pursued it yet.

Go to www.ROMWOD.com
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 12:29:34 PM by The1BigWillie »
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: August 09, 2016, 01:03:55 PM »

If all you need is hips, look up Warrior poses 1 through 4 and garland pose.  There are a bunch others, but those all really loosen my hips up quick.  I do slow full squats into garland and hold for several seconds as a warm up before any workout that has legs in it, and you can find them on the internet.

If you want a quick check on a good location for a class, just look up your closest Crossfit box.  From what I understand, a lot of boxes are trying to offer yoga these days.