Author Topic: EXTREME FOOTBALL INSIDER TIDBITS!  (Read 187502 times)

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
Re: EXTREME FOOTBALL INSIDER TIDBITS!
« Reply #475 on: August 23, 2015, 11:58:50 PM »
I don't know if I can make it through another year of a shitty FP QB.  No BL around this year to bail out the garbage. Maybe somebody gets a neck hernia the 1st game and is done for the year

:facepalm:

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 24, 2015, 12:00:58 AM »
halfEmpty are we looking at a qb rotation or as it stands is Ertz the guy by himself?

If you want that kind of detail I suggest you kidnap Bill and force him to tell you.  Same goes for a definitive depth chart.  My guess is you'll know the starters and redshirts in about a week and a half when the official depth chart is released for the first game.

I have no other info.  Pure speculation, but if Delton is on the 2-deep, more than likely he will be playing significant snaps.  No way they burn a rs for him to just play mop-up time.

Even if subjected to the worst forms of torture, HOFHC LHC Bill Snyder would never give up the information.

Offline LynchMob42

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 24, 2015, 08:10:43 AM »
OSU blow job is the weirdest thing.

quoting only because it bears repeating. is osu just everyone's loveable loser? little brother trying hard to keep up with the big kids?

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 24, 2015, 10:29:05 AM »
I just looked at our schedule. I don't like the fact that we're gonna lose 5 in a row in the middle of the season :(
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 24, 2015, 10:36:40 AM »
I just looked at our schedule. I don't like the fact that we're gonna lose 5 in a row in the middle of the season :(

In a vacuum, I think we could win at Tech but maybe not after those 5 and the season off the rails.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: August 24, 2015, 10:39:18 AM »
yeah. thinking 6, maaaaaaybe 7 wins. but def losing 5 in a row.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 24, 2015, 10:47:28 AM »
LHC Bill Snyder has made a HOF career on 5 game losing streaks, why stop now

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 24, 2015, 10:47:51 AM »
yeah. thinking 6, maaaaaaybe 7 wins. but def losing 5 in a row.

I think we win 1 or 2 of the three: UT, OU, OSU. I wouldn't mind beating Oklahoma outside of Norman for once, and if we can scheme a way to keep Perine out of it. . .we could pull it off.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 24, 2015, 10:50:57 AM »
You also have to like that we get TCU, Baylor, and OU at home. Those games might be a tad more watchable if you consider the atmosphere of BSFS and the fact that those teams' locker room is in the janitor's closet.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 24, 2015, 11:01:33 AM »
You also have to like that we get TCU, Baylor, and OU at home. Those games might be a tad more watchable if you consider the atmosphere of BSFS and the fact that those teams' locker room is in the janitor's closet.

Baylor and TCU high tempo offenses travel like crap. From the sounds of it OU is going the same direction. They are all winnable games. Taking one shouldn't be a surprise. The OSU games lines up nice for us, we should win that game coming off a bye. Their true sophomore QB (6td to 4ints) non mobile should really struggle against our defense. The Texas game scares the crap out of me, we will be really beat up by then. But their offense should still suck and it can become a defensive slugfest of a game, similar to 2012. Coming out of that stretch with 3 or 2 wins is very possible. Then we just coast to a meh season for us.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #485 on: August 24, 2015, 11:36:35 AM »
I think we pick up either @UT or OU at home. 

OU is kind of in that slow death slide until Stoops leaves and they get some new life in there.  I don't think they do better than 8-4/9-3.  And I think the difference between eight and nine wins is a pretty tough roadie at our place.

TCU is going to just stomp us.  I think the Baylor game will be competitive, but they just have our number.  Like Tech under Leach.

We will beat WVU at home.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 24, 2015, 11:50:59 AM »

No chance.

Did you watch OSU play last year, like at all? They were a one man team and he's gone. I absolutely don't understand how people in one breath condemn ISU to 9th place then call OSU a sleeper. ISU is better at almost every position, including QB.

We also beat UT 23-0 last year. I haven't seen anything to make me just assume that Texas will become some offensive juggernaut.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 24, 2015, 11:55:16 AM »

No chance.

Did you watch OSU play last year, like at all? They were a one man team and he's gone. I absolutely don't understand how people in one breath condemn ISU to 9th place then call OSU a sleeper. ISU is better at almost every position, including QB.

We also beat UT 23-0 last year. I haven't seen anything to make me just assume that Texas will become some offensive juggernaut.

That is one bold claim, sir.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 24, 2015, 12:06:34 PM »
OSU was crap last year, but everybody is giving them a pass. Without their speed merchant they would of been in real trouble. Gundy is falling on his face for rebuilding his staff with a bunch of young recruiters that haven't lived up expectation.

Offline Lynchmobrules

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 24, 2015, 12:28:36 PM »
OSU should be better this year. Gundy got rid of a few of those guys that were just recruiters and replaced them with some pretty good coaches. The injury to JW Walsh hurt them in a really bad way last year, and was a big reason why they were really bad for that stretch in October/November. The Rudolph kid is getting better and will be a pretty good quarterback for them although there are a lot of expectations for a kid that hasn't taken a snap in BPS yet.
"Wednesday if they don't come in and compete, I am going to destroy them." - Frank Martin

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 24, 2015, 12:40:43 PM »

No chance.

This is what I do every single year. I talk myself into thinking we're crap, then become pleasantly surprised when we win 8+ games. It's pretty great.

My absolute favorite is when we win the unexpected road game we always win. Our road sched is pretty pud so I'll take a home win instead.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 24, 2015, 12:53:11 PM »

No chance.

This is what I do every single year. I talk myself into thinking we're crap, then become pleasantly surprised when we win 8+ games. It's pretty great.

My absolute favorite is when we win the unexpected road game we always win. Our road sched is pretty pud so I'll take a home win instead.
So you get your rocks off by commending the team to a losing season?  Maybe you are brainwashed by media "know it all's" that predict KSU to be in the bottom have of the conference each preseason.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 24, 2015, 12:54:36 PM »
you watch your god damn mouth katdaddy

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 24, 2015, 12:58:55 PM »
you watch your god damn mouth katdaddy
Oh crap!!!  I thought you said wash.  :surprised:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 24, 2015, 12:59:59 PM »
The Texas game scares the crap out of me, we will be really beat up by then. But their offense should still suck and it can become a defensive slugfest of a game, similar to 2012.

I really hope you mean 2011.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: August 24, 2015, 01:01:45 PM »

No chance.

That is one bold claim, sir.

It's true. ISU had a better offense than OSU last year and they return everyone.  OSU is much better defensively though.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 24, 2015, 01:11:38 PM »
The Texas game scares the crap out of me, we will be really beat up by then. But their offense should still suck and it can become a defensive slugfest of a game, similar to 2012.

I really hope you mean 2011.

Yes.

Offline CyberToothCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 24, 2015, 08:02:23 PM »
100 virtual EMAW bucks to whoever can correctly ID that game film!

Was it the Auburn game? That was a night game. They wore white tops and pants, and the pants had an orange stripe on the sides.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 24, 2015, 08:35:41 PM »
Ooh did Auburn wear all white? If so that's who it is with the orange socks. Good call.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 24, 2015, 08:36:37 PM »
also, chingon factor