Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4615670 times)

The Big Train

Re: The Royals
« Reply #58050 on: February 10, 2016, 11:12:24 AM »

Somebody get a body bag for townie sheesh

Thank you, now somebody shove him in there and get him out of here, stinking up the place

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58051 on: February 10, 2016, 11:13:36 AM »
WC game is #1 game, but the Salvy WC hit is not the #1 moment.

The game is not #1 without that moment.

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58052 on: February 10, 2016, 11:17:34 AM »

I'm willing to die on this hill if you are.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58053 on: February 10, 2016, 11:23:38 AM »
Game 6 and at risk of going to 7 and facing elimination, our Royals have a 1 run lead in the top of the 9th.  Rain delayed Davis puts 2 on to start the inning.  Strikes the next two out to face the AL MVP when a single will score 2.  Bautista is on deck with 3 RBIs and 2 HRs in the game. 

Ground out to 3rd.  Royals are going to the World Series.

Maybe not tops, but incredible.

The Big Train

The Royals
« Reply #58054 on: February 10, 2016, 11:30:33 AM »

I'm willing to die on this hill if you are.

Quit peaking out of that bodybag :nono:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58055 on: February 10, 2016, 11:41:02 AM »
Game 6 and at risk of going to 7 and facing elimination, our Royals have a 1 run lead in the top of the 9th.  Rain delayed Davis puts 2 on to start the inning.  Strikes the next two out to face the AL MVP when a single will score 2.  Bautista is on deck with 3 RBIs and 2 HRs in the game. 

Ground out to 3rd.  Royals are going to the World Series.

Maybe not tops, but incredible.

I reckon that will be in Rany's top ten!

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58056 on: February 10, 2016, 11:44:50 AM »
The Hos his, the 8th inning in ALDS 4, it just seemed bleaker, but I'll concede the Gordo HR is the better AB. I could live a billion years though and nothing in sports will top the Wild Card game. It would take like KSU football going undefeated and winning each game by 1 on a last second TD

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58057 on: February 10, 2016, 11:47:10 AM »
You guys been reading Rany's top playoff moments? I'm trying to guess what his top ten will be. My hunch is it will be some combo of:

1. Salvy's walkoff in the WC game.
2. Gordon's HR in Game 1 off of Familia
3. Dyson's steal of 3rd in the WC game
4. Hosmer's dash home in Game 5 of the World Series
5. Final out of WS game 5 in New York
6. Final out of Game 4 of the '14 ALCS (Moose to Hos, "Kansas City, You've got a World Series")
7. Final out of Game 6 of the '15 ALCS (Moose to Hos again with runner on 2nd and 3rd. Damn. That was such a tense moment)
8. Cain scoring from 1st on Hosmer's single in the 8th inning of Game 6 ALCS after the rain delay. (I can't overstate how mad I was during that delay. Madson staying in to face Bautista, I just can't.....)
9. Hosmer's triple in the WC game
10. Morales ground ball gets through and 2 score to tie the game in ALDS game 4 in Houston.

There's like 20 other moments that could be reasonable though. What do you guys think?

but guys what do you think? what do you think Rany's top ten will be? These? looking at the order, Dyson's steal would be lower than 3rd, but I really think he'll put it top ten.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58058 on: February 10, 2016, 11:55:00 AM »
Quit peaking out of that bodybag

sometimes dead bodies get "stiff"  :lol:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58059 on: February 10, 2016, 11:59:19 AM »
Hard to pull something off of there, but any hit by Colon.  Insanely fun plays but not clutch enough to be listed: Escobar inside the park, Butler steals 2nd, and Moose foul catch.

The thing about the WC game is that there are 4 or 5 moments that should be top 20.  I can't think of another game like that.  I wouldn't be able to pinpoint a play, but Finnegan's performance there should somehow be recognized.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58060 on: February 10, 2016, 12:00:52 PM »
You guys been reading Rany's top playoff moments? I'm trying to guess what his top ten will be. My hunch is it will be some combo of:

1. Salvy's walkoff in the WC game.
2. Gordon's HR in Game 1 off of Familia
3. Dyson's steal of 3rd in the WC game
4. Hosmer's dash home in Game 5 of the World Series
5. Final out of WS game 5 in New York
6. Final out of Game 4 of the '14 ALCS (Moose to Hos, "Kansas City, You've got a World Series")
7. Final out of Game 6 of the '15 ALCS (Moose to Hos again with runner on 2nd and 3rd. Damn. That was such a tense moment)
8. Cain scoring from 1st on Hosmer's single in the 8th inning of Game 6 ALCS after the rain delay. (I can't overstate how mad I was during that delay. Madson staying in to face Bautista, I just can't.....)
9. Hosmer's triple in the WC game
10. Morales ground ball gets through and 2 score to tie the game in ALDS game 4 in Houston.

There's like 20 other moments that could be reasonable though. What do you guys think?

but guys what do you think? what do you think Rany's top ten will be? These? looking at the order, Dyson's steal would be lower than 3rd, but I really think he'll put it top ten.

I think the Cain 1st to home in '15 ALCS game 6 will be higher.

Not sure that the final out of Game 5 makes it since it was a bit anti-climatic, but it probably will. But if the thought is that it was the play that clinched a world championship and nothing tops that then it should be #1.

An underrated play that won't make the top 10 but was still one of the best plays I've seen was Davis picking off Gomez in game 2 of the '15 ALDS. Probably the greatest POOAT. It should be top 20 of this list.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #58061 on: February 10, 2016, 12:11:53 PM »
When vargas thought he got walked
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58062 on: February 10, 2016, 12:15:14 PM »
When vargas thought he got walked

great moment.  also his face when aoki made the catch against angels (or maybe it was a cain catch.  anyway that face).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline gato montes

• Fan
  • Winner of the 2011 "Where is 'Clams" Contest
    • View Profile
« Reply #58063 on: February 10, 2016, 02:36:04 PM »
Who can argue with the WC game? As a life long fan in their mid 30's, that game erased so many dreadful years and will forever be cherished.  Sure, I will always remember all the other amazing plays, and winning the Series is the tits. But I've never in my life watched a game where I laughed, I cried, I screamed my ass off, I lost my voice, I got so damn deflated, then so damn excited that I puked from emotion, and gave myself a permanent scar (that I don't think I'll ever remember exactly how it happened). That game man. That game.  :angry:  :ohno: :bang: :crossfingers:  :pray: :runaway: :drool: :Woohoo:  :cry:

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58064 on: February 12, 2016, 10:47:24 AM »

Can't believe no one here has posted that we get two more years of Moose  :party:

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58065 on: February 12, 2016, 11:18:30 AM »

Can't believe no one here has posted that we get two more years of Moose  :party:

I'm actually a little sad because his contract seems to make it pretty clear we need to enjoy the next two years while we can

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #58066 on: February 12, 2016, 11:22:08 AM »
Moose was already under team control for the next two years anyway
:adios:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58067 on: February 12, 2016, 11:28:50 AM »

I'm actually a little sad because his contract seems to make it pretty clear we need to enjoy the next two years while we can

We all knew that there would be a window of success for what Moore built here. The expectation is that hopefully he can come up with a new plan to replicate what we are enjoying right now.

All that said, its nice to be in the midst of a window of success. This is how nearly every other franchise has to work and its good to know the one we are a fan of finally got it done.

I'm going to really enjoy these next two years.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58068 on: February 12, 2016, 12:43:55 PM »

We all knew that there would be a window of success for what Moore built here. The expectation is that hopefully he can come up with a new plan to replicate what we are enjoying right now.

All that said, its nice to be in the midst of a window of success. This is how nearly every other franchise has to work and its good to know the one we are a fan of finally got it done.

I'm going to really enjoy these next two years.

Yea, I knew it was the window, but it's still sad to basically see it admitted

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58069 on: February 12, 2016, 01:17:20 PM »
A 2 year window when you have already played in 2 World series the previous 2 years, winning 1 is actually a really big window.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58070 on: February 12, 2016, 01:20:26 PM »

A 2 year window when you have already played in 2 World series the previous 2 years, winning 1 is actually a really big window.

That was my thought.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58071 on: February 12, 2016, 04:45:31 PM »
Moose and Cain and these guys are smart not to sign up for long term deals now, contracts will only grow over the next two years. Plus, they still have a contract to play for

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #58073 on: February 12, 2016, 05:12:03 PM »
Nothing was admitted with any of these deals. We bought out the arbitration years on agreeable terms and insured ourselves against any animosity caused by arbitration hearings over the next couple years. They are no more or less likely to leave after their original time under team control than they previously were
:adios:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."