Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4558341 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals
« Reply #58000 on: February 09, 2016, 11:22:41 AM »
_FAN, yes we won all 4 orioles games, but all of them were nail biters. i mean that is just the best possible outcome for a series imo

Good point.

I guess when you've won as much as we have, its hard to choose.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58001 on: February 09, 2016, 11:24:11 AM »
i am ashamed of the astros series because i got really mad at our boys and turned off game 4 when it was 6-2 (again partly because it was during the gd work day  :curse: )

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58002 on: February 09, 2016, 11:25:25 AM »
Do you guys ever think about the fact that every minute that passes is one minute closer to baseball season?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #58003 on: February 09, 2016, 11:32:40 AM »
i am ashamed of the astros series because i got really mad at our boys and turned off game 4 when it was 6-2 (again partly because it was during the gd work day  :curse: )
We watched that at work on our projector. They started passing out beers after the comeback. I think that's why it was my fav. I also got to see Cueto pitch that gem, in game 5.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58004 on: February 09, 2016, 11:37:17 AM »
a's
angels
blue jays
mets
orioles
astros
giants
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58005 on: February 09, 2016, 11:39:44 AM »
1. Blue Jays - Games 3 and 4 were kinda trash, but Games 2, 5, and 6 were played at an extremely high level. The Blue Jays were the monster. The 2nd half of the season in 2015 they played about as well as I can remember a team playing for a 60 or 70 game stretch. Plus, they kicked our asses in August. IMO Game 6 of this series was the best game in the 2014 or 2015 run. The WC game or the ALDS 4 were great comebacks, but there were times the game wasn't played at a high level. Everything about that game is why baseball is special.

2. Astros - Games 2 and 4 comebacks were just outstandingly fun, plus this is the only series where we won 2 elimination games (Giants was the only other time we faced elimination since the WC game). I mean, the game 4 comeback was just special. Corea and Rasmus looked like they were going to will their team to victory, and we came back. The energy in Game 5 at the K was hot and sexy, plus you have Cueto's best performance as a Royal.

3. Angels - The 2 games in Anaheim kind of mirrored one another. You had Aoki's crazy catches, Moose and Hos's homers, you had Dyson's catch and throw DP, you had Yordano lighting up the gun, you had Vargas giving up almost homer after almost homer, Tim Collins in game 1 (TIM FREAKING COLLINS) pitching the 9th inning in a tie game, it was awesome. And Game 3 was a party. An absolute P-A-R-T-Y. The Greg Holland K of Trout to end that series was awesome. Oh oh oh oh! Remember Cain's back to back diving catches? Yes!

4. Orioles. - In 2014, we only feared 2 things, Jon Lester, and the Tigers. Well, when the Orioles took care of the Tigers, I wasn't really that scared of them considering the alternative. The Orioles were flawed man. No Chris Davis, a mediocre starting rotation, and they sucked on the road. Mocat's right, each game was a nail biter, and it was still a really great 4 games. Gordon's performance in Game 1 is one of the best in Royals history, and IMO Game 3 was the all time greatest J Guts miracle. The Game 2 performance of Cain was almost as special. This was the series where you really saw how much our pen with HDH frustrated other teams. Remember in Game 1, Billy GDP with a chance to take a late lead? Felt like the Orioles had momentum, except momentum doesn't exist when Wade Davis is close by. Celebrating with my Dad after Game 4 was a memory I'll cherish forever.

5. Mets. - It was the only hill left to climb. Still a great series and Games 1 and 5 were fantastic baseball games. The champagne tasted so sweet.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58006 on: February 09, 2016, 11:40:06 AM »
a's
angels
blue jays
mets
orioles
astros
giants

a's wasn't a series so technically......

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58007 on: February 09, 2016, 12:19:38 PM »
Jays, Mets, 'stros, O's, Angels. If we are considering the A's a series then they are ahead of the O's.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58008 on: February 09, 2016, 12:21:40 PM »
lots of O's series haters ITT

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58009 on: February 09, 2016, 12:27:28 PM »
Im still going to say Mets. Like everyone else I knew we'd win, but the process was so much fun. The extra innings and that final game was unforgettable.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58010 on: February 09, 2016, 12:30:31 PM »
winning the mets series was like opening your last christmas present

The Big Train

« Reply #58011 on: February 09, 2016, 12:42:56 PM »
Guys :excited:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #58012 on: February 09, 2016, 12:47:26 PM »
It was fun, but it was also the O's.  :Yuck:

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58013 on: February 09, 2016, 12:53:29 PM »

If your last Christmas present was a brand new Cadillac then yes

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58014 on: February 09, 2016, 01:02:14 PM »

no way. i loved every second of it. my rankings are perfect.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58015 on: February 09, 2016, 01:02:51 PM »

it was more like graduation. the work was done, all that was left is the ceremony with mom and dad snapping photos

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58016 on: February 09, 2016, 01:41:17 PM »

it was more like graduation. the work was done, all that was left is the ceremony with mom and dad snapping photos

I like the Christmas gift analogy better. But like it's the super awesome gift you knew you where getting because you basically picked it out yourself, but then you had to wait til Christmas to open it. Plus it's from that one relative who makes you work for your present so you have to go through a scavenger hunt to actually get it.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58017 on: February 09, 2016, 01:43:45 PM »
I thought the Christmas gift meant that it was the best gift but you are a little sad that you are done with gifts for a year.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58018 on: February 09, 2016, 01:44:04 PM »
I thought the Christmas gift meant that it was the best gift but you are a little sad that you are done with gifts for a year.

yeah it's bittersweet for sure

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58019 on: February 09, 2016, 01:44:47 PM »
another analogy is like finally booking that giant vacation with all the points you've been accumulating for like a year. i mean it is the end goal, but the journey was freaking addicting

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58020 on: February 09, 2016, 01:46:28 PM »
or like a good make out sesh with a hot babe at the end of a date

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58021 on: February 09, 2016, 01:47:28 PM »
like, you wanted that make out sesh big time, but in a few weeks you realize that dinner (blue jays series) was actually the highlight of the date because you got to know her and ate some pizza or whatever

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58022 on: February 09, 2016, 01:47:55 PM »
actually its a pretty weak analogy

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58023 on: February 09, 2016, 01:52:40 PM »
what if you ran downstairs on christmas morning to discover 31 effing christmas presents all with your name on them? wow. and then you open them and it's like an all day marathon of opening present after present, and 22 of them are legit better than all the presents any of your friends got. and 9 of them kind of suck but you're still glad you got them. i mean by the time you come to the end of that 31 present binge you are exhausted, but you are still looking around for more, like, that's it santa? i could have kept going.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58024 on: February 09, 2016, 01:56:28 PM »
what if you ran downstairs on christmas morning to discover 31 effing christmas presents all with your name on them? wow. and then you open them and it's like an all day marathon of opening present after present, and 22 of them are legit better than all the presents any of your friends got. and 9 of them kind of suck but you're still glad you got them. i mean by the time you come to the end of that 31 present binge you are exhausted, but you are still looking around for more, like, that's it santa? i could have kept going.

i'm starting to realize i'm spoiled rotten as a royals fan and i never even saw it coming