Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4062291 times)

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #16050 on: October 07, 2011, 12:13:03 PM »
As I mentioned before, there will be a lot of political brew ha ha from Kansas City should they choose to leave.
KC is considered the second most important city in MO, and the people in the MOST important city in MO want to go to the SEC. 

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16051 on: October 07, 2011, 12:13:43 PM »
There is nothing else that could possibly make our league look as low-rent as adding Tulane. 

Hey, bad person, don't be talking crap about Tulane.  My sister went to school there, and you know what else?  You may not want to admit it, but they were better than us in 1998.  They went 12-0 and finished ranked #7 which was higher than us.  We should feel privileged to have a team of that stature join our conference. 

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16052 on: October 07, 2011, 12:20:56 PM »
West Virginia outside of a few lame games fills a 62,000 seat stadium, they have a good basketball program with a well known coach, they do have a strong presence in their part of the country.  No, I am not saying they're Penn State, but they have high visibility and are not that far away from what I call the Megalopolis Corridor of the East Coast.  

Their coach is also a fat drunk.   :chainsaw:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16053 on: October 07, 2011, 12:22:36 PM »
Don't know what I would do with myself if we got pitino and huggs in our leage.  I mean, good god.  It would no doubt take a while to sink in.

Offline PurpleSleezyE

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16054 on: October 07, 2011, 12:27:42 PM »
There is nothing else that could possibly make our league look as low-rent as adding Tulane. 

Hey, bad person, don't be talking crap about Tulane.  My sister went to school there, and you know what else?  You may not want to admit it, but they were better than us in 1998.  They went 12-0 and finished ranked #7 which was higher than us.  We should feel privileged to have a team of that stature join our conference. 

That is so stupid that I can't tell if you are being serious. 

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16055 on: October 07, 2011, 12:38:47 PM »

Facts are facts.  Tulane finished 7th in both polls, and we finished 9th/10th.   :blank:

:peek:

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16056 on: October 07, 2011, 12:40:30 PM »
West Virginia outside of a few lame games fills a 62,000 seat stadium, they have a good basketball program with a well known coach, they do have a strong presence in their part of the country.  No, I am not saying they're Penn State, but they have high visibility and are not that far away from what I call the Megalopolis Corridor of the East Coast.  

Their coach is also a fat drunk.   :chainsaw:

Deez Nutz, it's not your fault bro. it's not your fault.

Offline theymightbegiants

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16057 on: October 07, 2011, 12:41:13 PM »

Hey, bad person, don't be talking crap about Tulane.  My sister went to school there, and you know what else?  You may not want to admit it, but they were better than us in 1998.   They went 12-0 and finished ranked #7 which was higher than us.  We should feel privileged to have a team of that stature join our conference.  

Tulane was the greatest ever  :jerk:...  

Facts are facts.  Tulane finished 7th in both polls, and we finished 9th/10th.   :blank:

:peek:
"I feel safe in white because, deep down inside, I'm an angel"-Puff Daddy

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16058 on: October 07, 2011, 01:04:43 PM »
As I mentioned before, there will be a lot of political brew ha ha from Kansas City should they choose to leave.

so?  it won't make them stay.  

Just wrote my state rep and state senator.  Probably too late, but I do live in MO so what the hell.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16059 on: October 07, 2011, 01:43:34 PM »
are there any colleges in mexico that are large enough that we could somehow coerce them to field a fball team and then we get all of the mexico television sets? canada? got to get outside the box here fellas. obv mex makes the most sense, borders tx but idk i mean canada? maybe?  :dunno:

the national university in mexico city has several hundred thousand students.  alum base and city size off the charts.  their soccer team competes in the pro league and won the national title a few years back.  american football (nfl mostly) is decently popular, though way behind soccer, and even bball.

tech de monterrey is much smaller, but has a national brand (and national branch campuses), has a better am fball team currently (not that that matters) and is much closer to texas.

realistically, you'd probably want to add both, if you really wanted to expand into mexico.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #16060 on: October 07, 2011, 01:47:12 PM »
are there any colleges in mexico that are large enough that we could somehow coerce them to field a fball team and then we get all of the mexico television sets? canada? got to get outside the box here fellas. obv mex makes the most sense, borders tx but idk i mean canada? maybe?  :dunno:

the national university in mexico city has several hundred thousand students.  alum base and city size off the charts.  their soccer team competes in the pro league and won the national title a few years back.  american football (nfl mostly) is decently popular, though way behind soccer, and even bball.

tech de monterrey is much smaller, but has a national brand (and national branch campuses), has a better am fball team currently (not that that matters) and is much closer to texas.

realistically, you'd probably want to add both, if you really wanted to expand into mexico.

Goddamned it, sys.  Stop perpetuating this stupidity.  It only empowers him.

Let me repeat, NO UNIVERSITY IN MEXICO IS UNDER CONSIDERATION TO JOIN THIS CONFERENCE.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16061 on: October 07, 2011, 01:52:30 PM »
UNAM has over 314,557 students

pumas, pumas, goya.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #16062 on: October 07, 2011, 01:56:00 PM »

"It pulses with intense regional rivalries of enviable duration."

Pffft.  Somebody needs to get laid.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16063 on: October 07, 2011, 02:00:25 PM »
Love the Mexico idea. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16064 on: October 07, 2011, 02:01:20 PM »

Goddamned it, sys.  Stop perpetuating this stupidity.  It only empowers him.

Let me repeat, NO UNIVERSITY IN MEXICO IS UNDER CONSIDERATION TO JOIN THIS CONFERENCE.

well maybe they should be. i mean, cincinatti? seriously? come on. lets get real. lets get mexico. lets just rough ridin' do this. #gocats #gobig12 #gowarmcitiesforawaygames

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #16065 on: October 07, 2011, 02:02:18 PM »
Guys this Mexico thing isn't going to happen.  Traveling to those games would be crazy expensive for Big 12 ADs. 

Get a grip.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16066 on: October 07, 2011, 02:07:45 PM »
is that a puma or am i being punched in the face by a yellow fist?

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #16067 on: October 07, 2011, 02:10:41 PM »
Racin Boys/ Smoke and Fire/ Midwest Ford Dealers/ Cookie Diet Update:

Chairman of Missouri Board of Curators wants to stay. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16068 on: October 07, 2011, 02:11:17 PM »
Guys this Mexico thing isn't going to happen.  Traveling to those games would be crazy expensive for Big 12 ADs. 

Get a grip.

dlew ten years ago- "can't wait til i get to college and watch the cats play nebraska in fball every year. also will be sweet because i'll have my own car and will be able to drive myself to any close crazy town concerts."

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16069 on: October 07, 2011, 02:18:48 PM »
UNAM has over 314,557 students

pumas, pumas, goya.

They're the autobots?!?! I'm on board!

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #16070 on: October 07, 2011, 02:28:00 PM »

Get a grip.

dlew ten years ago- "can't wait til i get to college and watch the cats play nebraska in fball every year. also will be sweet because i'll have my own car and will be able to drive myself to any close crazy town concerts."
Rick Daris today - "I'm a jerk who has a bunch of awful ideas re. confry realignmy and make light of good bands like crazytown."

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16071 on: October 07, 2011, 02:35:55 PM »
is that a puma or am i being punched in the face by a yellow fist?

I think it's a fist with the middle finger knuckle sticking out

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16072 on: October 07, 2011, 02:47:04 PM »
I've heard Beebe was working to get Mexico and OU was very against this for some reason.  Also, heard something from another guy about Mexico wanting to keep their tier 2s and their soccer independent. Just what I heard, but these guys are usually spot on

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #16073 on: October 07, 2011, 03:00:53 PM »
If we are going after mexicans, I vote for Puerto Rican mexicans.  I  heard a LOT of very favorable things from some of the catbackers about how most of the mexicans in San Juan were able to speak AMERICAN the restaurants at the tournament there last year.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16074 on: October 07, 2011, 03:06:26 PM »
If we're going for Mexicans, I want Samoa.  Our lineman recruiting would go through the roof!