Author Topic: Beach Slapped; LBSU ADV  (Read 3588 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Beach Slapped; LBSU ADV
« on: November 22, 2014, 10:11:00 AM »

Well, well, well. Fool's gold gonna fool's gold. Monson is a decent coach and has a nice program at LBSU, but these are games a Big 12 team shouldn't lose. I suppose Bread warned us about these types of losses and now we have them in back to back years. There is simply no excuse for losing games like this, there is too much talent on this team for them to happen.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 10:15:54 AM by ksu_FAN »

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: Beach Slapped; LBSU ADV
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 10:11:51 AM »
He warned us? When? I don't remember that.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 10:15:38 AM »
He warned us when he got fired from a mid level Big 10 team

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 10:16:08 AM »
He warned us? When? I don't remember that.

I meant Bread, I fixed it.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 10:23:09 AM »
oh yeah. Bread warned us. I haven't been able to watch a game yet but from what I'm seeing in the "we suck" thread I'm pretty nervous about Jevon. I can live with the other guards having a night when they can't score, but is Jevon really as erratic as people are implying?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 10:29:40 AM »
oh yeah. Bread warned us. I haven't been able to watch a game yet but from what I'm seeing in the "we suck" thread I'm pretty nervous about Jevon. I can live with the other guards having a night when they can't score, but is Jevon really as erratic as people are implying?

Due to numerous circumstances, I've barely watched this year as well, which is sad. But I'm not disappointed I missed that performance last night. I get the poor shooting and struggling the first time on the road, but as a Big 12 team with players like Gipson and Foster you have to find a way to win that game.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 10:33:42 AM »
I'll be watching each of the games this week (unless we're playing Chaminade for 8th place). Really hoping for some fun hoops and not frustrating garbage.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 12:08:01 PM »

Well, well, well. Fool's gold gonna fool's gold. Monson is a decent coach and has a nice program at LBSU, but these are games a Big 12 team shouldn't lose. I suppose Bread warned us about these types of losses and now we have them in back to back years. There is simply no excuse for losing games like this, there is too much talent on this team for them to happen.

Well the bright side is that this wasn't even close to as bad as these types of games were at Illinois (e.g., 33 points at home vs PSU when we were ranked 18th; I hated Illinois basketball so much then).  They shot as poorly as they could shoot from three and they still scored 60 in their first road game of the season.  Speaks volumes about the talent on the team. :dunno:

I agree the loss is infuriating of course, and that oscar needs to get his crap together on the road.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2014, 01:03:33 PM »
Our offense just looked like we were rushed all night.  Shots were not falling and we did not handle it well.

When u shoot 6-20 from 2pt in 1 half and 0-10 from 3pt the next, and turn the ball over 22% of your possessions....it makes for a long night.  7 assists just shows how poorly we passed the ball and missed open 3s.

I think oscar also has to consider playing some minutes with no Nigel or Jevon on the floor. Tre is earning a few minutes each game...and 80 minutes to go around between Foster Edwards Westicles Tre is not enough.  I'd rather see Jevon and Nigel playing in the 28-31 minute range combined

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2014, 02:37:16 PM »
Hey _FAN, do you know at what point in the season that kenpom's ratings are entirely based on this season's results and not historical data as well or does that never happen?
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2014, 02:57:29 PM »
Hey _FAN, do you know at what point in the season that kenpom's ratings are entirely based on this season's results and not historical data as well or does that never happen?

you just checked the kenpom and saw purdue was favored?  they've beat a couple of really shitty teams by about 700 points each.  kenpom's always loved that.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2014, 03:02:32 PM »
This thread title is on par with one of renocat's.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2014, 03:23:11 PM »
This thread title is on par with one of renocat's.

Disagree, especially when Snoop Dogg also reps the 213.

Great title.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2014, 03:25:06 PM »
Disagree? renocat makes the best thread titles on this blog.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2014, 03:29:38 PM »

you just checked the kenpom and saw purdue was favored?  they've beat a couple of really shitty teams by about 700 points each.  kenpom's always loved that.

No.  Illinois has been obliterating cupcakes and I want them to be higher than they are.  They're being punished for years past.  I'd like to know when/if that stops. 

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2014, 03:34:06 PM »
Marcus, Justin and Nigel all not being a scoring threat isn't going to lead to a win on the road. I don't think it is something we have to worry about. First road game in a weird gym. We only have 2 players that have more than 2 years of experience. Think this can be a great learning experience. Reminds me to the George Washington game in 2013.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2014, 03:43:41 PM »
They beat GW handily, guy.  You're so weird. 

Offline Rock Lobster

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2014, 03:48:40 PM »

2012-13. We did win though.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2014, 03:54:52 PM »

The cats whipped GW's ass in 2013.  Beat them close on the road in 2012.  Like I said weird.   

Offline Rock Lobster

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2014, 03:58:45 PM »

The cats whipped GW's ass in 2013.  Beat them close on the road in 2012.  Like I said weird.   

I meant he was talking only about the 2012-13 season.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/2306/year/2013/kansas-st-wildcats
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 04:02:06 PM by Rock Lobster »

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2014, 04:12:31 PM »
We lost because a bunch of college guys were more excited about getting on a plane for Hawaii than they were about playing basketball on a volleyball court. I'm negative surprised we didn't show up for this game. The fact they played zone only sealed the deal.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 04:16:31 PM by Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) »
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2014, 04:19:08 PM »
Disagree? renocat makes the best thread titles on this blog.

nevermind then. AGREE!  I thought you were making a joke about reno's thinly veiled racism.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

catzacker

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2014, 05:15:22 PM »
We lost because a bunch of college guys were more excited about getting on a plane for Hawaii than they were about playing basketball on a volleyball court. I'm negative surprised we didn't show up for this game. The fact they played zone only sealed the deal.

Jfc. Denial ain't just the vagina in your pants.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2014, 05:29:11 PM »

Jfc. Denial ain't just the vagina in your pants.

Are you like 5 - years old?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2014, 07:12:08 PM »
No.  Illinois has been obliterating cupcakes and I want them to be higher than they are.  They're being punished for years past.  I'd like to know when/if that stops.

i think it's pretty quick.  maybe in the 5-10 games range.  but i'm too lazy and unmotivated to look it up for you.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."