Author Topic: Need a ruling (shitty people related thread)  (Read 9186 times)

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Need a ruling (shitty people related thread)
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2014, 07:46:44 PM »
you have to be a pretty sensitive soul to have a bar patio at midnight ruined by a smoker.

Well, he is a bleeding heart libliblibliblibliblib  :dunno:
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2014, 07:47:00 PM »
Well ruin is a bit strong, but it would certainly be better without them, which flys in the face of formelydueces absurd statement that smokers don't make people's lives worse
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2014, 07:47:43 PM »
Being a full-time everyday smoker is about as appealing as someone who eats crap regularly assuming the crap is addictive and the crap eater guy can whine about his addiction and persecution.  Let that guy that eats the crap live his life god damn it!  rough ridin' fun haters. He gets a buzz for eff's sake!  Just don't talk about it. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2014, 07:48:55 PM »
Well ruin is a bit strong, but it would certainly be better without them, which flys in the face of formallydueces absurd statement that smokers don't make people's lives worse

I'm not sure you understand what "appreciably" means. Most people we come into contact with tend to slightly inconvenience us in some way, just not to a great enough degree that it should really warrant any kind of discussion.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2014, 07:50:32 PM »
Well ruin is a bit strong, but it would certainly be better without them, which flys in the face of formallydueces absurd statement that smokers don't make people's lives worse

I'm not sure you understand what "appreciably" means. Most people we come into contact with tend to slightly inconvenience us in some way, just not to a great enough degree that it should really warrant any kind of discussion.

I think you don't appreciably understand how gross smokers smell  :dunno:

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2014, 07:51:36 PM »
Smokers that smoke immediately outside the doors of a building are huge assholes!

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2014, 07:52:40 PM »
I'm still shocked as hell every time I go in a bar and realize people can't smoke in it. It's a BAR! (But you can in Kentucky!)

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2014, 07:53:07 PM »

I think you don't appreciably understand how gross smokers smell  :dunno:

I was a non-smoker for nineteen years, the smell really didn't bother me all that much  :dunno: Has it always bothered you? Or are you just becoming more crotchety as you get older?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2014, 07:54:16 PM »
Broken noses theory is gaining some interesting data

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2014, 08:02:05 PM »
To answer your question tho, yes it's always been terrible. When I was a kid there were still smoking sections in restaurants and it was disgusting. My first flight there was still smoking on the plane and it was suffocating. The bad old days of smelling like a chimney when you got home from the bar are luckily gone as well

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2014, 08:10:11 PM »
Smokers should take every practical measure to isolate themselves from others when in public. Just show me you are aware of the existence of others and I will judge you less harshly. Go stand in the furthest corner of the outside space downwind. It's the right thing to do.

Offline Muldoon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2014, 08:22:51 PM »
I point and laugh at the smokers crammed into those smoking boxes they have at some airports.  However,  I get pissed at the bums who can buy a $7 pack of cigs and still sit on their lazy ass asking me for a handout.

Back to the original question,  I'm gonna assume these guys were smelly Missouri meth addicts so you made the right call.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2014, 09:31:38 PM »
I point and laugh at the smokers crammed into those smoking boxes they have at some airports.  However,  I get pissed at the bums who can buy a $7 pack of cigs and still sit on their lazy ass asking me for a handout.

Back to the original question,  I'm gonna assume these guys were smelly Missouri meth addicts so you made the right call.

So bums don't need a buzz?  How dare you.

Offline Muldoon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2014, 10:00:18 PM »

So bums don't need a buzz?  How dare you.
Well they're already drunk and on heroin.  How much buzz should they be entitled to?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2014, 11:55:28 PM »
KCFD, your sister may, um, have issues.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2014, 06:41:30 AM »
As a nonsmoker who will constantly bum heaters at level 3+, I don't give a crap what other people do. Also, bar patios are most certainly for smoking. The one time I went to Stillwater I woke up smelling like an ashtray the next day with a hangover from the night before's level 7 binge, that is not enjoyable.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2014, 08:16:01 AM »
If your sis and future bro in law are still pissed, tell them that they "should shut the eff up. The next time one of my friends calls you (sis) or mom a bitch, you can and should kick them out of your house. Oh wait, my friends aren't ignorant hillbilly dumbasses, so they won't be calling you (sis) or mom a bitch."

Say exactly what I quoted above to them, except the (sis) part, just motion to your sister at that point.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2014, 08:55:50 AM »
If your sis and future bro in law are still pissed, tell them that they "should shut the eff up. The next time one of my friends calls you (sis) or mom a bitch, you can and should kick them out of your house. Oh wait, my friends aren't ignorant hillbilly dumbasses, so they won't be calling you (sis) or mom a bitch."

Say exactly what I quoted above to them, except the (sis) part, just motion to your sister at that point.

Gonna win 'em all!

Thanks for the advice here, 'ber.
Discussed the situ with her last night and she's no longer upset. Guess she didn't really understand all of the issues. Can't wait to see these dbags at the wedding tho! 

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2014, 04:39:00 PM »
Thanks for the advice here, 'ber.
Discussed the situ with her last night and she's no longer upset. Guess she didn't really understand all of the issues. Can't wait to see these dbags at the wedding tho!

Takes care of situation with wife, still need to deal with the two guys who coal in your house and call your womenfolk bad names.  An underhanded trick at the wedding without your fingerprints sounds in order here.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2014, 04:43:29 PM »
As a nonsmoker who will constantly bum heaters at level 3+, I don't give a crap what other people do. Also, bar patios are most certainly for smoking. The one time I went to Stillwater I woke up smelling like an ashtray the next day with a hangover from the night before's level 7 binge, that is not enjoyable.

You're not allowed to cross past Level 2 in the DFW area for the TCUpak.

:buh-bye:
bears are fast...

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2014, 05:10:00 PM »
Wettest blanket: KCFD or seven?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2014, 06:02:44 PM »
 :D

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2014, 09:26:52 PM »
Threw a "couples shower" for my sister and her soon-to-be-husband on Saturday. He's a good dude, let's just say his friends are total dicks though.

So we had 30 people RSVP to this deal, but only 18 showed up. seems like a huge dick move on their part considering we bought food and beer for 30. Then 3 guys decided to bring 30s of Coors Lite and dump them in with the beer I had ordered from Cincy (Future Bro in Laws hometown). Same 3 guys lit up cigs in my kitchen, and gave my wife "eff you" looks when she asked them to take it outside. One of my buds then overheard them calling her a bitch in my backyard.

To top it all off, we played a typical weirdo couples shower game in which the guys and girls split up and had to answer q's about the bride and grooms respective childhoods/hometowns. KCFD mom (being the boss she is) knew pretty much every question about Cincy. One of the dudes right in front of me told his bud "that bitch knows too much for her own good"

I said that was enough and asked those 3 guys to leave. now my sister and her fiance are pissed at me, even after I explained to them the scenario. Guys, am I in the wrong here?

TL;DR my sister's friends are assholes and I kicked them out of my house, now she's pissed at me.

Can I ask what town this took place in?

South Wichita? Haysville?

Could be a Mulvane move too

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2014, 09:28:20 PM »
I'm trying to think of the most recent year when it was acceptable to light a cig in someone's house without prior permission. I wasn't alive then, but I'm going to guess 1976.

still trying to figure out the last time it was acceptable to call someone's wife and mother a bitch in the same night...drawin blanks...
l

Who would say something like that anyway.

Ask if these guys have ever been to prison?

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2014, 04:44:43 PM »

You're not allowed to cross past Level 2 in the DFW area for the TCUpak.

:buh-bye:
:sdeek: never seen you burn a heater before.