Author Topic: Trump owns Russia  (Read 765873 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Trump owns Russia
« Reply #6450 on: July 17, 2018, 12:35:44 PM »
I'm listening...
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6451 on: July 17, 2018, 12:35:59 PM »
We, Americans, are often not much more than a pile of sanctimonious horse manure.  People are peaved at Trump for saying that we tried to influence Russian politics and Putin's reign.  From the NYT on US flooding Russia with cash to hurt Putin:
"Most Americans view such efforts as benign — indeed, charitable. But Mr. Putin sees them as hostile. The National Endowment for Democracy gave a $23,000 grant in 2006 to an organization that employed Aleksei Navalny, who years later became Mr. Putin’s main political nemesis, a fact the government has used to attack both Mr. Navalny and the endowment. In 2016, the endowment gave 108 grants totaling $6.8 million to organizations in Russia for such purposes as “engaging activists” and “fostering civic engagement.” The endowment no longer names Russian recipients, who, under Russian laws cracking down on foreign funding, can face harassment or arrest."

So should we expect no retribution?  We spy on them, they spy on us.
Dialogue was established on many things that are problems between the countries.  Obama and Clinton killed dialogue.  You don't restart dialogue or negotiations by attacking your target.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #6452 on: July 17, 2018, 12:41:46 PM »
#1 topic for dax in the trump/Russia thread is Obama. Why do you refuse to stay on topic dax?

Because we are dealing with Russian things that were directly impacted (or not impacted and should have been) by Obama.

All of the major issues you guys are melting down about, originated out of the Obama era.

Or back before you were born and where was your outrage then?

Updated.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6453 on: July 17, 2018, 12:41:59 PM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6454 on: July 17, 2018, 12:48:30 PM »
#1 topic for dax in the trump/Russia thread is Obama. Why do you refuse to stay on topic dax?

Because we are dealing with Russian things that were directly impacted (or not impacted and should have been) by Obama.

All of the major issues you guys are melting down about, originated out of the Obama era.

Or back before you were born and where was your outrage then?

Updated.

I've never expected the youngsters to be outrage back before they were born.   Simply pointing out that geo-political issues get created over decades.   Thanks stalkerDC Cat. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6455 on: July 17, 2018, 12:55:30 PM »

So to deal with the major issues now, are you proposing a time travel approach?

In geo-political terms a couple of years is nothing.   I don't get the point.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6456 on: July 17, 2018, 12:56:36 PM »
If you're a computer wizard, you know what to do.

I don't know who the Calavicci would be to Dax's Beckett.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6457 on: July 17, 2018, 01:17:50 PM »
ww, what did you think of the press conference yesterday?

I don’t watch those things, I rely on stone to give recaps. Sounds like it was about par for the course for Donny and his interactions with foreign leaders that are more skilled than him.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6459 on: July 17, 2018, 02:41:26 PM »
27, I'm curious on your thoughts about trump's statement today that he misspoke and meant to say "wouldn't" instead of "would". Do you feel that is genuine?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6460 on: July 17, 2018, 02:51:46 PM »
Quote from: President clown suit
Mr. Trump said the misunderstanding arose from his use of a “double negative.”

“The sentence should have been ‘I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be Russia,’ sort of a double negative,” he said. “So you can put that in and I think that probably clarifies things pretty good by itself.

This is the quote he is claiming he misspoke on:

My people came to me, Dan Coats [U.S. Intelligence Chief] came to me, and some others, they think it's Russia. I have President Putin, he says it's not Russia. I will say this, I don't see any reason why it would be but I really do wanna see the server, but I have, uh, I have confidence in both parties - I really believe that this will probably go on for a while but I don't think it can go on without finding out what happened to the server?
:adios:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6461 on: July 17, 2018, 02:53:37 PM »
Yeah, that clarifies things pretty good.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6462 on: July 17, 2018, 03:03:35 PM »
https://twitter.com/davidjoachim/status/1019293123367915520

If true, that seems like it could be a really big deal.  Not sure how common that is in criminal practice, but obviously you wouldn't request that relief unless they all had something good to say.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6463 on: July 17, 2018, 03:05:18 PM »
Well sure now he takes it back when Putin isn't next to him

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6464 on: July 17, 2018, 03:09:29 PM »
"I'm a huge dumbass who just confused everyone on earth because I meant to use a double negative but the words came out all bad instead. I think that should clarify things pretty good."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6465 on: July 17, 2018, 03:11:14 PM »
https://twitter.com/pwnallthethings

mr. pwnallthethings has a lot of good stuff on how stupid it is to want to "see the server".
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6466 on: July 17, 2018, 03:14:01 PM »
Mr. Trump said the misunderstanding arose from his use of a “double negative.”

“The sentence should have been ‘I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be Russia,’ sort of a double negative,” he said. “So you can put that in and I think that probably clarifies things pretty good by itself.
This must be very upsetting to the folks yesterday who were applauding Trump for trying to avoid WW3.  Now we're mumped.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6467 on: July 17, 2018, 03:30:02 PM »
27, I'm curious on your thoughts about trump's statement today that he misspoke and meant to say "wouldn't" instead of "would". Do you feel that is genuine?

I feel good about it, he said pretty clearly earlier in regards to the US Russia relationship that both sides had made mistakes, I took that as the US has been absorbed in a domestic gotcha game dividing the country and accusing Russia of things that have not been proven and by that I mean compromising Trump or buying him off, and that Russia meddled with our election process.  What people seem to want to hear from Trump is that Russia is the entire problem which would legitimize the probe and he rightfully in my opinion is not going to do that.  What he said is fine until somebody proves Trump did something wrong by knowingly conspiring against America with them.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6468 on: July 17, 2018, 03:32:22 PM »
Time to move up a couple of DefCon's and get the "birds warmed up in the bullpen" (New NeoCon)

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6469 on: July 17, 2018, 03:32:33 PM »
Fascinating

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6470 on: July 17, 2018, 03:33:45 PM »
did any of you actually hear the audio? it was very clear what he meant to say
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 03:51:16 PM by mocat »

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6471 on: July 17, 2018, 03:39:58 PM »
He did his there is blame to go around on both sides deal again, and you guys still don't or more likely wont get it.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6472 on: July 17, 2018, 03:48:20 PM »
did any of you actually hear the audio? it was very clear he what he meant to say

Yeah, this defense really only works if you didn't watch / listen to the press conference.  Even then, you'd have to be pretty dumb to believe it.
:adios:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6473 on: July 17, 2018, 03:50:47 PM »
https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2018/07/detente-bad-cold-war-good/

Sys, can you step up and provide your normal contribution.   Thanks, man.

he Russophobic witch hunt has its first real life victim in 29 year old Maria Butina, whose life is to be destroyed for chatting up members of the NRA in order to increase Russian influence. With over 20 years of diplomatic experience, I can tell you that every country, including the UK and US, has bit part players of its own nationals who self-start in a country to make their way, and if they gain any traction are tapped by their national security service as potential “agents of influence”. I could name quite literally scores of such people, but have no desire to get anyone in trouble. The elevation of Butina into a huge threat and part of a gigantic plot, is to ignore the way the United States and the United Kingdom and indeed all major governments’ Embassies behave around the globe.

The war-hawks who were devastated by the loss of champion killer Hillary now see the prospect of their very worst fear coming true. Their very worst fear is the outbreak of peace and international treaties of arms control. Hence the media and political establishment today has reached peaks of hysteria never before seen. Pursuing peace is “treason” and the faux left now stand starkly exposed.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6474 on: July 17, 2018, 03:54:06 PM »
Thanks 27, very insightful. Though I wish you would actually answer the direct question. Do you believe trump when he said he accidentally used "would" instead of "wouldn't"?