Author Topic: Kobach our next goofenor? Please no. He's running  (Read 48884 times)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: Kobach our next goofenor? Please no. He's running
« Reply #425 on: August 14, 2018, 05:56:39 PM »
chalk another up for the Trumper

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 14, 2018, 06:23:02 PM »
I expect Colyer will request a recount and I think that is appropriate. My concern was that he would file suit to chase the rest of these provisionals, but I now think that is extremely unlikely given that the provisionals thus far have generally aided Kobach.

So have a recount. State law requires him to request it by this Friday and for it to be completed in 5 days. The party will coelesce behind the winner. At least enough to easily beat the split vote between Orman and whatserface.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 14, 2018, 06:27:52 PM »
Btw, I expect there will be a serious push to get the Dem candidate out of the race and off the ballot so they can consolidate behind Orman. They will do anything to beat KK.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 14, 2018, 07:34:19 PM »
Btw, I expect there will be a serious push to get the Dem candidate out of the race and off the ballot so they can consolidate behind Orman. They will do anything to beat KK.

That will absolutely not happen.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 14, 2018, 07:34:44 PM »
Colyer concedes.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 14, 2018, 07:37:45 PM »

Yeah that would never happen. Except that it did just a few years ago.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Kobach our next goofenor? Please no. He's running
« Reply #431 on: August 14, 2018, 07:43:26 PM »

Yeah that would never happen. Except that it did just a few years ago.

That definitely happened in the Senate race against Roberts. I think Kelly is a stronger candidate and though Kobach is a big favorite, Democrats will not pressure her to get out.  Sorry I thought Taylor had some like scandal as well but I looked it up and it was just a play for a senate seat.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 07:47:51 PM by Kat Kid »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 14, 2018, 08:21:39 PM »
Ordinarily I’d agree with you that the Dems wouldn’t try the same trick twice. And they wouldn’t have tried it against Colyer. But they really hate Kobach. And they might have a chance of beating him if they throw their support to Orman.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 14, 2018, 08:30:35 PM »
Ordinarily I’d agree with you that the Dems wouldn’t try the same trick twice. And they wouldn’t have tried it against Colyer. But they really hate Kobach. And they might have a chance of beating him if they throw their support to Orman.

polls with the three candidates show kelly and kobach way out ahead of orman who only gets like 10% support.  his only role is as a spoiler and there is no chance that the democrats will pull kelly to help him.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 14, 2018, 08:34:38 PM »
If you really want get nerdy about this, here's how the provisionals broke down in Sedgwick....

Of the 1,326 provisionals counted, only 661 were for the GOP. 665 were for the Dems. So even though roughly 70% of the vote in Sedgwick was in the GOP primary, the provisional vote was 50/50. Which just goes to show that provisional ballots lean Dem, and we can probably expect the same 50/50 split in JoCo. That means that of the 1500 or so provisional that JoCo will count this afternoon, maybe only 700-800 will matter.

Next, of the provisonal GOP votes in Sedgwick, Kobach got 49.5%. Colyer got 35.2%. In the total vote, Kobach got 45.7% to Colyer's 37%. So Kobach actually performed slightly better, and Colyer slightly worse, in the provisional voting. That's a surprise.

If JoCo follows this trend, that's very bad news for Colyer.

Not that it matters at this point, but the JoCo provisional count basically followed the same exact trend as the Sedgwick provisional count. 60% of the JoCo vote was in the GOP primary, but the provisional ballots split 53/47 for the GOP. Only 772 provisional votes were cast in the GOP primary.

Kobach's 42% provisional ballot share outperformed his 37% in the total vote. Colyer's 39% provisional ballot share underperformed his 43% of the total vote.

I suspect this is why Colyer conceded. The final dozen or so counties to count their provisionals would likely have only made the numbers worse, as would suing to count even more provisionals.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: August 14, 2018, 08:36:36 PM »
Mods can we change the thread title to "Kobach is our next goofenor"?  TIA.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 14, 2018, 08:51:37 PM »
The Star and Eagle's picture selections for Kobach are going to priceless these next few weeks (years).

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 14, 2018, 09:58:54 PM »
Is he from ta?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #438 on: August 14, 2018, 10:05:30 PM »

polls with the three candidates show kelly and kobach way out ahead of orman who only gets like 10% support.  his only role is as a spoiler and there is no chance that the democrats will pull kelly to help him.

Can you share these polls??

Also, Orman is a tool.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 14, 2018, 10:32:41 PM »
this poll (3-way, including orman) is the one i was thinking of.

https://www.kansas.com/news/politics-government/article215375450.html

but while i was googling to find it, i saw this one that gives orman more support in a 2-way with kobach.  note that it was not a neutral poller; however.  and i haven't tried to find the actual poll and see if it looks legit.

http://www.cjonline.com/news/20180810/new-poll-invigorates-debate-about-orman-or-kelly-as-spoilers-against-gop-nominee
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 14, 2018, 10:45:20 PM »
Orman gets almost all of his support from people that would otherwise vote for Kelly.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 14, 2018, 10:48:17 PM »
Before you guys put too much time into this you should know that Don wants Kobach, so we’re getting Kobach
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 14, 2018, 11:42:12 PM »
....so, like I was saying. The pressure to kick Kelly to the curb is going to mount as Dems lose their crap over the prospect of a Governor Kobach. Look at this picture:

Does that lady on the left look to you like the candidate that’s going to stop Kobach? The vast majority of Kansans never even heard of her until she won the Dem nomination, and most still probably haven’t. She’s an inconsequential nothing-burger, an acceptable sacrificial lamb for an honorable loss to Colyer. But a loss to Kobach? No effing way Dems are going down on the USS Kelly without a fight. They’re going to desert her in droves for the Orman life boat.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 15, 2018, 06:53:36 AM »
Sebelious won and looks quite similar to the lady on the left.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 15, 2018, 06:56:10 AM »

Take it to the what has changed thread

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 15, 2018, 08:04:40 AM »
Kobach will play Kansas rubes like a fiddle

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 15, 2018, 09:10:28 AM »

:dubious:

:adios:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 15, 2018, 09:37:48 AM »
In addition to looking nothing at all alike, Sebelius was 54 when she won. Kelly is pushing 70. Even Dems have concerns about her "low energy" and being "understated."

https://www.kansascity.com/latest-news/article203559889.html

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 15, 2018, 09:45:04 AM »
A vote for Orman is a vote for Obama
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 15, 2018, 10:02:03 AM »
I don't think anyone would mistake the two but I took K-S-U to mean Kelly's "look" can't win in Kansas.  That look to me is an older lady with short gray hair which has won here before.