Author Topic: Whew . . . I sure am glad Bernie  (Read 10181 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Whew . . . I sure am glad Bernie
« on: May 08, 2010, 09:18:19 AM »
helped Ernie raise that $6.2 million dollars for that new clubhouse at Colbert Hills.  

That means that in the last decade K-State's suck ass golf teams have had $17.2 million dollars worth of new facilities built for them to utilize, hey check out those new white sand traps.   Plus I've heard Snyder contributed over $1 million for that seemingly never to be built Horsey Facility.  

It's gotta be tough being a golfer at K-State; no pressure, Nike gear, sweet ass new clubhouse, $12 million dollar home course, new hitting facility . . . never win anything.  

Meanwhile important facilities projects for our major sports programs twaddle, sputter and flounder around . . . Only at K-State.

Hey Fellow Mountain West Conference members . . . our f_cking golf clubhouse rocks!!

http://www.kstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=595850&SPID=228&DB_OEM_ID=400&ATCLID=204942185

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 09:26:17 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Whew . . . I sure am glad Bernie
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 09:24:21 AM »
Hey Frank . . . glad you got to take the team up to that brand spanking new Colbert Hills Clubhouse for that NCAA tourney announcement because even the Legends Room at Bramlage isn't adequate for that type of event . . . you know the f_cking golf teams are going to enjoy the $hit out of that place.   Check out the Marble Counter tops and the new flat screens while you're there.

Offline Pexikan

• Combo-Fan
  • Junkyard Gato
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 11:07:16 AM »
Our golf coach needs to go out there and hit the recruiting trail hard!! These new facilities need a quality team. Anyone know where I can follow golf recruiting news? Does Rivals cover that hullabaloo?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 11:24:00 AM »
Exactly . . . $17.2 million bucks spent to support . . . GOLF.   Only at K-State.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 12:51:04 PM »
Exactly . . . $17.2 million bucks spent to support . . . GOLF.   Only at K-State.

A ton of people have been wasting money and time on Colbert Hills since 2000. It seems like Wefald and Krause were way tied up into that too because I believe Wefald has a $750,000 villa right by the clubhouse and didn't Krause's wife sell all of the land to make Colbert? I blame it on the former regime.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 01:19:10 PM »
You forgot to mention katpak golf head covers

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 01:51:30 PM »
Yep the former regime was all up in Colbert Hills.   Jack Vanier owned the land, Marty Vanier has exclusive development rights to the property, Krause ran or runs the golf foundation . . . of course Colbert Hills actually went tits up financially and the financing/bonds had to be completely over hauled and I believe several million were just written off.

But hey, the Golf Program has some rocking ass facilities.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2010, 01:53:06 PM »
Don't forget travel. Seems like the men's golf team is in California or Arizona every other week.

And then there's women's golf ...

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2010, 05:20:19 PM »
What's the story on this restaurant in the clubhouse? Is it open to the public and do you think they will have a bloody mary bar?
Fly, Eddie. Fly.

Ooh, nice outfit. What is that, Dacron?

Offline JD Thundercat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 10:48:42 PM »
And then there's women's golf ...

With our fan-f'ing-tastic golf facilities our WGF team should be able to recruit with the best. However, I could care less if our WGF team is any good, so top notch recruiting should focus on bringing in the absolute hottest female golfers on the planet.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 05:14:29 PM »
But, but, but... we're not jealous of the fact KU just did $55 million in upgrades to AFH and surrounding athletic facilities. 

:thumbsup:

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2010, 07:34:38 PM »
But, but, but... we're not jealous of the fact KU just did $55 million in upgrades to AFH and surrounding athletic facilities. 

:confused:

fyi BMW, met a uk fan at the bar the other night (from Wichita but had thick, backwood-sy/pedophilish accent like most uk folk) who said it was "got damn hard to be a fan" of uk "what with their worthlessness and all."
Fly, Eddie. Fly.

Ooh, nice outfit. What is that, Dacron?

Offline JD Thundercat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2010, 07:38:32 PM »

:thumbsup:

I AM jealous of KU's ability to make sucky old buildings slightly less sucky using way more illegal funds than is necessary for as little improvements as are actually made.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2010, 08:14:44 PM »
Couldn't they have made some deal with Colbert, like give a $1 to the golf team then give a $1 to f-ball/b-ball facilities, how much did Jim Colbert donate to make the course/facilities happen, only those with superinsidery info please reply TIA

:users:
I'm purple down

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2010, 08:49:59 PM »
Couldn't they have made some deal with Colbert, like give a $1 to the golf team then give a $1 to f-ball/b-ball facilities, how much did Jim Colbert donate to make the course/facilities happen, only those with superinsidery info please reply TIA

:users:

enough where poor Jim had to hawk diet cookies on 810 to make ends meat.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2010, 07:31:13 AM »
Hey congrats . . AFH finally got the renovations it needed 20 years ago.   

Bill Self asked for a practice gym from day one on the job, he got it 7 years or so later.   

So lets review.

Glen Mason asked for a new weightroom in 1989 it got built in 2003.   He asked for a Vanier type facility in 1994 . . . it got built in 2007.   The Stand Alone outdoor track at ku a $6 million dollar facility has been on the drawing board for 5 to 7 years now the same with the new soccer stadium and the the softball field was never really completely finished. 

ku athletics has over $50 million dollars in debt, is operating in the red this fiscal year, and is under investigation by the FBI. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2010, 09:25:20 AM »

Bill Self asked for a practice gym from day one on the job, he got it 7 years or so later.   

So lets review.

Glen Mason asked for a new weightroom in 1989 it got built in 2003.   He asked for a Vanier type facility in 1994 . . . it got built in 2007.   The Stand Alone outdoor track at ku a $6 million dollar facility has been on the drawing board for 5 to 7 years now the same with the new soccer stadium and the the softball field was never really completely finished. 

ku athletics has over $50 million dollars in debt, is operating in the red this fiscal year, and is under investigation by the FBI. 

And their golf team has totally garbage facilities compared to the Cats.   :comehere:

Looks like another win for KSU

Offline Pexikan

• Combo-Fan
  • Junkyard Gato
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2010, 09:43:39 AM »
All while Colbert Hills actual clubhouse looks like a mobile home. :dunno:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2010, 10:05:30 AM »
So the new $5 million dollar clubhouse looks like a mobile home??

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2010, 10:44:24 AM »
the old clubhouse was a mobile home (pretty nice one albeit)  haven't seen the new one.

Offline Pexikan

• Combo-Fan
  • Junkyard Gato
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2010, 02:55:38 PM »
Remembering the old one. I was gonna head over there this last weekend to play their par-3 course after work, but backed out at the last minute. Anyone seen the new clubhouse?? I was guessing the construction from when I last played there was the KSU Golf Facility. :dunno:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2010, 04:15:26 PM »

So lets review.

They did renovations to AFH back in '05 as well, 'Pad.  The practice facilities and all the additions are more of a luxury than anything else.  KU now has the beginning of what will soon become an athletic village.  It's going to take K-State years just to scrounge up enough money to build a practice facility.  At this rate, they might break ground on the new facility by 2015. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2010, 04:20:44 PM »

So lets review.

They did renovations to AFH back in '05 as well, 'Pad.  The practice facilities and all the additions are more of a luxury than anything else.  KU now has the beginning of what will soon become an athletic village.  It's going to take K-State years just to scrounge up enough money to build a practice facility.  At this rate, they might break ground on the new facility by 2015. 

Gridiron club?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2010, 08:29:53 AM »
What's the story on this restaurant in the clubhouse? Is it open to the public and do you think they will have a bloody mary bar?

Yes, it is open to the public; I think they start serving dinners this week, up until now they've only served lunch and appetizers for dinner.  And yes they have a bar that serves bloody marys.  I don't like them myself, but I hear they are good.

The clubhouse is nice, but not extravagent.  Its a nice upgrade from the mobiles they've had since it opened.  I won't complain much about this b/c Colbert Hills is good for Manhattan to have;really the indoor practice range deal is the only exclusive thing for the golf team, everything else at Colbert is open to the public.  Its not like I can pay $45 and go play pick-up games in Bramlage or in BSFS.

catzacker

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2010, 09:52:47 AM »

Yes, it is open to the public; I think they start serving dinners this week, up until now they've only served lunch and appetizers for dinner.  And yes they have a bar that serves bloody marys.  I don't like them myself, but I hear they are good.

The clubhouse is nice, but not extravagent.  Its a nice upgrade from the mobiles they've had since it opened.  I won't complain much about this b/c Colbert Hills is good for Manhattan to have;really the indoor practice range deal is the only exclusive thing for the golf team, everything else at Colbert is open to the public.  Its not like I can pay $45 and go play pick-up games in Bramlage or in BSFS.

currie should do this.  we need the revenue.