Author Topic: 201* Concert Thread  (Read 135113 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: 201* Concert Thread
« Reply #1175 on: August 05, 2018, 11:43:18 AM »
I was way too drunk to be at a concert last night, much less be posting about it. Anyway, go cats!
:adios:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: August 05, 2018, 07:49:11 PM »
@tobias they are friends again

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: August 06, 2018, 12:28:17 AM »
“When the Levee Breaks” with Charlie Musselwhite on ‘monica and Ben Harper on steel guitar  :love:  :drool:  :gocho:

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: August 06, 2018, 06:18:37 PM »
Band of Horses was Ok guys!!!  PJ in Seattle next week  :billdance: :billdance: :billdance: :billdance: :billdance:

Sub Pop 30th anniversary all day Saturday 8/11 out on Alki Beach.

I saw this. Should I check this out? Was thinking of taking the ferry to Bainbridge saturday with Mrs. SF and boozing over there, but :dunno. I am open for pretty much any seattle suggestions though.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: August 06, 2018, 08:34:23 PM »
Band of Horses was Ok guys!!!  PJ in Seattle next week  :billdance: :billdance: :billdance: :billdance: :billdance:

I saw this. Should I check this out? Was thinking of taking the ferry to Bainbridge saturday with Mrs. SF and boozing over there, but :dunno. I am open for pretty much any seattle suggestions though.

Depends what you’re up for. Alki will be bonkers and awesome, but will be a commitment of a lot of time in a lot of people, heat (by our standards) and walking. Alki’s a relatively secret gem otherwise, to tourists for sure.

No idea what Bainbridge itself has to offer. Only took the ferry there once as the first leg of the Canada trip last year.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: August 07, 2018, 07:52:00 AM »

Depends what you’re up for. Alki will be bonkers and awesome, but will be a commitment of a lot of time in a lot of people, heat (by our standards) and walking. Alki’s a relatively secret gem otherwise, to tourists for sure.

No idea what Bainbridge itself has to offer. Only took the ferry there once as the first leg of the Canada trip last year.

Thanks. I’d prob be up for it but doubt Mrs SF will up for a full day of it since the PJ concert is the night before. Any good bar/pub type suggestions?  We are staying at the Renaissance and just plan on bar hopping and eating for the few days.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: August 07, 2018, 08:28:38 AM »

mrs mocat and i ferry'd to bainbridge and walked around. meh. the ferry ride itself was probably the best part and had the most photo oppy's

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: August 07, 2018, 09:20:01 AM »
Thanks. I’d prob be up for it but doubt Mrs SF will up for a full day of it since the PJ concert is the night before. Any good bar/pub type suggestions?  We are staying at the Renaissance and just plan on bar hopping and eating for the few days.

mrs mocat and i ferry'd to bainbridge and walked around. meh. the ferry ride itself was probably the best part and had the most photo oppy's

Yes, if you're wanting the transit boat experience, the move is the Downtown-West Seattle water taxi that is how I got to Alki Beach pre-dog.  You get the same views of the city and most of the same views of the lagoon in way less time.  Where it drops you off at West Seattle, there's immediately a little Hawaiian restaurant and bar and a place to rent kayaks, SUPs, etc. and get in the water right there.  From there, you can walk 2 miles of good photo-opp sidewalk to get to the beach or wait for a free bus.  If not for the concerts, that would be my recommendation any day the weather allows to get the lagoon experience.

Wouldn't even know where to start on general recs.  Maybe tell me what your open windows of time are and I could narrow down what's good and what to avoid or when to avoid it.

Mocat, I got super PAK'd with Canadians all weekend for the BJ's series.  Went to el borracho Sunday night thinking it would be good to snack on some tacos before getting full dinner.  I think maybe the tacos are bigger when they're not $1 HH because I ordered 6 and could only eat 3.5 and blackout walk'd home immediately thereafter.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: August 07, 2018, 09:28:31 AM »
 :lol:

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: August 07, 2018, 09:50:58 AM »

Yes, if you're wanting the transit boat experience, the move is the Downtown-West Seattle water taxi that is how I got to Alki Beach pre-dog.  You get the same views of the city and most of the same views of the lagoon in way less time.  Where it drops you off at West Seattle, there's immediately a little Hawaiian restaurant and bar and a place to rent kayaks, SUPs, etc. and get in the water right there.  From there, you can walk 2 miles of good photo-opp sidewalk to get to the beach or wait for a free bus.  If not for the concerts, that would be my recommendation any day the weather allows to get the lagoon experience.

Wouldn't even know where to start on general recs.  Maybe tell me what your open windows of time are and I could narrow down what's good and what to avoid or when to avoid it.

Mocat, I got super PAK'd with Canadians all weekend for the BJ's series.  Went to el borracho Sunday night thinking it would be good to snack on some tacos before getting full dinner.  I think maybe the tacos are bigger when they're not $1 HH because I ordered 6 and could only eat 3.5 and blackout walk'd home immediately thereafter.

Getting there Thursday afternoon and leaving Sunday morning. Basically zero plans Thursday and Saturday. Seeing the MOPOP Friday morning and then concert Friday night. Just plan on wandering for the most part. Going to hit Pikes Place. I know it sucks but Mrs SF has never seen it. Have reservations at Needle and Thread for a drink. It is one of those stupid secret places that say they are secret to charge you a bunch for drinks. Another Mrs SF thing. Other than that, we are open. I had heard about a decent restaurant on Bainbridge so that is why I thought of taking the ferry there. If there isn’t much other stuff there we may skip that. We don’t really give a crap about the Ferry ride or photo ops. We like to eat and booze at cool bars, if the views are cool too, that’s fine.

TIA

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: August 07, 2018, 10:44:32 AM »
Getting there Thursday afternoon and leaving Sunday morning. Basically zero plans Thursday and Saturday. Seeing the MOPOP Friday morning and then concert Friday night. Just plan on wandering for the most part. Going to hit Pikes Place. I know it sucks but Mrs SF has never seen it. Have reservations at Needle and Thread for a drink. It is one of those stupid secret places that say they are secret to charge you a bunch for drinks. Another Mrs SF thing. Other than that, we are open. I had heard about a decent restaurant on Bainbridge so that is why I thought of taking the ferry there. If there isn’t much other stuff there we may skip that. We don’t really give a crap about the Ferry ride or photo ops. We like to eat and booze at cool bars, if the views are cool too, that’s fine.

TIA

Yeah, skip the Bainbridge Ferry, but you still might consider the Water Taxi to West Seattle that Saturday.  You'd get over there, go drink and eat at Marination Ma Kai, and you could get a pretty quick sense of if you want to venture up to the beach to see any of the shows or if it's too much of a shitshow.  When you get to the main beach part, the other side of the street is a long row of bars and restaurants with that sort of vibe.  I just don't know how chaotic they'll be on that particular Saturday.

If you have to do Pike Place, do it Thursday or Friday afternoon when there's happy hours or maybe Saturday morning before it gets too busy.  The Athenian in the main part of the market is good for happy hour as is the aforementioned Borracho.

Lol at Needle & Thread, you can do the same thing at the bar at the Ambassador in Wichita.  But if you're going up that way, you'll be close to Capitol Hill and good to walk around and duck into various bars.  Gets wild there at night, in a fun way.

Friday night, you can go to Pioneer Square in advance of the concert to eat and drink and be right at the stadium when it's time.  Just do yelp in Pioneer Square to see what you like.

Otherwise, for day drinking from where you are, just go down to 1st or 2nd and head north through downtown and belltown, and you'll find plenty of options.  Again, yelp or @ me.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: August 07, 2018, 04:44:45 PM »

TIA

Yeah, skip the Bainbridge Ferry, but you still might consider the Water Taxi to West Seattle that Saturday.  You'd get over there, go drink and eat at Marination Ma Kai, and you could get a pretty quick sense of if you want to venture up to the beach to see any of the shows or if it's too much of a shitshow.  When you get to the main beach part, the other side of the street is a long row of bars and restaurants with that sort of vibe.  I just don't know how chaotic they'll be on that particular Saturday.

If you have to do Pike Place, do it Thursday or Friday afternoon when there's happy hours or maybe Saturday morning before it gets too busy.  The Athenian in the main part of the market is good for happy hour as is the aforementioned Borracho.

Lol at Needle & Thread, you can do the same thing at the bar at the Ambassador in Wichita.  But if you're going up that way, you'll be close to Capitol Hill and good to walk around and duck into various bars.  Gets wild there at night, in a fun way.

Friday night, you can go to Pioneer Square in advance of the concert to eat and drink and be right at the stadium when it's time.  Just do yelp in Pioneer Square to see what you like.

Otherwise, for day drinking from where you are, just go down to 1st or 2nd and head north through downtown and belltown, and you'll find plenty of options.  Again, yelp or @ me.

This is perfect. Thanks.  :emawkid:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: August 07, 2018, 06:27:51 PM »
1 more tip - normally I don't recommend this but it sounds like you might be bouncing around enough to justify getting an ORCA card at the airport and putting some money on it and using it for the weekend.  It's $5 to get the card plus however much you want to load on it.  You'd be able to use it to get from the airport to downtown for like $3 on light rail instead of $40-50 (take the town cars, DO NOT screw with the shitty uber/lyft waiting area).  You'd also be able to use it quite a bit within town, especially that Friday when you're going from Seattle Center to Safeco over the course of the day, and if you go to Cap Hill before/after the artisan secret bar.  Works for the water taxi too.  And buses.  Get the citymapper app and getting around is incredibly easy.

If you do that, take the cards back to Brownbackistan with you and leave them w/a mod in MHK or KC or Wichita and they can be the gE loaner cards for people traveling up here so they don't have to buy new ones for $5 each time.

All that said, a lot of the area you'll be covering is totally walkable.  Locals think it's a long way to walk because their perspective is all out of whack with how much city is packed into a tight space.  I walked from Seattle Center to Safeco on Sunday and thought nothing of it, but of course that was with a few binge stops on the way.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: August 08, 2018, 10:42:29 AM »
A month away from Tay Tay at Camerohead.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: August 08, 2018, 01:18:15 PM »
Seeing the MOPOP Friday morning

FYI, it looks like the Pearl Jam exhibition doesn't open until Saturday, which seems dumb considering the concerts are Wednesday and Friday.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: August 11, 2018, 01:07:18 PM »
Sold the pair of Foreigner (w/Whitesnake!) tickets for $20.  eff you, ticketmaster, I'm getting something out of all this yet.

Sold the one direction kid pair for $10.  Wrinkle - when I was working out the craigslist transaction, the lady's info regarding her email and her ticketmaster account and her husband's name it was under was a little weird.  Googled the guy and he went missing and presumed dead like 5+ years ago.  She paypal'd me from her own personal account.  Anyway, enjoy Niall Horan dude who maybe got whacked by his wife or has faked his own death.

Time to unload the tickets to kid rock's redneck extravaganza.

Got $20 for the pair to kid rock.  See you next summer, rough ridin' ticketmaster and craigslist!

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: August 13, 2018, 11:24:54 AM »

FYI, it looks like the Pearl Jam exhibition doesn't open until Saturday, which seems dumb considering the concerts are Wednesday and Friday.

I'm a 10c member so I got to see it. Pretty amaze.... Also, thanks for the Ferry tips. We took the water taxi and ate at the place it drops you off. Pretty good stuff. Went to the Sub Pop concert and lucked into a balcony table overlooking the stage. Sat there all day boozing watching bands. Mudhoney was awesome. The only person happier was 1994 Stupid Fitz.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: August 13, 2018, 01:17:43 PM »

I'm a 10c member so I got to see it. Pretty amaze.... Also, thanks for the Ferry tips. We took the water taxi and ate at the place it drops you off. Pretty good stuff. Went to the Sub Pop concert and lucked into a balcony table overlooking the stage. Sat there all day boozing watching bands. Mudhoney was awesome. The only person happier was 1994 Stupid Fitz.

Nice, sounds like you maxed out the stuff you could do. 

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: August 13, 2018, 01:32:32 PM »

Nice, sounds like you maxed out the stuff you could do.

We did. Thanks again for the tips.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: August 13, 2018, 02:08:06 PM »
Could have gone to Manchester Orchestra last Friday, but I cannot get into them.

Did go to the Rev 3 tour:

STP:  Cut short by storm, SW Jr. tries so very very hard.

Bush:  They put on a very good show, and sounded spectacular.

The Cult:  Not bad, not great, whatevs

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: August 13, 2018, 06:03:19 PM »
i saw the cult open for metallica in 1989.  the cult, one of my favorite bands at the time, were embarrassingly bad. metallica, however, owned faces, amazing concert.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: August 13, 2018, 06:26:28 PM »
i saw the cult open for metallica in 1989.  the cult, one of my favorite bands at the time, were embarrassingly bad. metallica, however, owned faces, amazing concert.
I am unbelievably jealous

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: August 14, 2018, 05:13:50 PM »

The Cult is just not that great live.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: August 14, 2018, 10:34:41 PM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: August 16, 2018, 12:13:33 AM »
Portugal the Man in a Month.   Looking forward to it.