Author Topic: "If she is the best on the board..."  (Read 5564 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: "If she is the best on the board..."
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2013, 01:33:14 AM »
Her skill set is solid.... "for a girl"

Jesus Christ man, you didn't wait to start with the ignorant. Its obvious that you have no idea who Britney Griner is. "Her skill set is solid... for a girl" is so amazingly stupid that I literally have to question every opinion you have on anything because its so obvious that you are willing to shoot your mouth off about anything regardless of what you know or don't know about the subject. She is women's basketball Wilt Chamberlain or Jim Brown. Her skill set is so far beyond anyone who has ever played the game that it is literally incomparable, this is not doubted by any fan or associate of WBB.

I'd suggest that you actually see her play but you wouldn't know what you're seeing anyway. You don't know what the eff you're talking about and I'll leave it at that. Its hard for me to take you seriously because all of your post are different ways to say "but she's a girl." You provide no point of reference for your opinion because you haven't seen her play, you can't provide a relevant comparison/contrast because I don't think you are familiar with college basketball to know that all scholarship players aren't 6'8" 265 lbs with 37" verticals and a 10.4 lane agility test. Oops I guess I didn't leave it at that.

Your opinion is solely based on how you think things should be and that fine. I don't know very much about football and I'll admit it. If I become interested in line techniques I'll pm you. I'll let you have the last word and find another way to say "but she's a girl," but I am absolutely done responding to your insultingly ignorant and sexist tone in this thread. I'm disappointed I wasted the words that I did.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2013, 05:42:33 PM »
Her skill set is solid.... "for a girl"

Jesus Christ man, you didn't wait to start with the ignorant. Its obvious that you have no idea who Britney Griner is. "Her skill set is solid... for a girl" is so amazingly stupid that I literally have to question every opinion you have on anything because its so obvious that you are willing to shoot your mouth off about anything regardless of what you know or don't know about the subject. She is women's basketball Wilt Chamberlain or Jim Brown. Her skill set is so far beyond anyone who has ever played the game that it is literally incomparable, this is not doubted by any fan or associate of WBB.

I'd suggest that you actually see her play but you wouldn't know what you're seeing anyway. You don't know what the eff you're talking about and I'll leave it at that. Its hard for me to take you seriously because all of your post are different ways to say "but she's a girl." You provide no point of reference for your opinion because you haven't seen her play, you can't provide a relevant comparison/contrast because I don't think you are familiar with college basketball to know that all scholarship players aren't 6'8" 265 lbs with 37" verticals and a 10.4 lane agility test. Oops I guess I didn't leave it at that.

Your opinion is solely based on how you think things should be and that fine. I don't know very much about football and I'll admit it. If I become interested in line techniques I'll pm you. I'll let you have the last word and find another way to say "but she's a girl," but I am absolutely done responding to your insultingly ignorant and sexist tone in this thread. I'm disappointed I wasted the words that I did.

First off, I agree that she is to estro-ball what Chamberlain/Brown were to their respective sports.  Secondly, I've watched her play and she's very good against relatively weak competition as a whole.

I'm surprised that you don't get the overwhelming difference in men's and women's strength and stamina, especially at the D-1 level... not to mention the differing skill set developed through consistent competition with bigger, faster stronger athletes.

I'm more than happy to "agree to disagree", but I think you'd be hard pressed to find a "basketball expert" to agree that she'd even be remotely competitive with D-1 caliber men.   Could she "hang" on a pickup court? Probably... But, have any real success?  Highly doubtful. 

I'm done here, too.

bears are fast...

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2013, 06:03:02 PM »
Stalemate, damn.

Lock it up, mods.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2013, 12:40:23 AM »
Stalemate, damn.

Lock it up, mods.

Agreed. Lock it.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2014, 10:31:34 AM »
I know this isn't in the same hemisphere, but in 8th grade, we used to be held after practice to scrimmage the girls HS varsity squad every once in a while.  We used to completely annihilate them.  I mean, to the point that their coach would stop the scrimmage and make it half court.  Then he would later stop it and tell us to stop moving full speed.  Then he would stop it and tell us to kinda just shuffle around with our hands up. 

again, I know this is a different hemisphere, but when weighing questions like this, I refer back to a bunch of 8th graders completely ruining a bunch of 12th graders as we just kinda shuffle around with our hands up after having an hour of our own practice followed by 30 min of sprints.

Oh man, we did the exact same thing in my hometown with the same results. :excited:  The best part was trying to be this 8th grade stud around some of the hot 12th grade lady players. :lol:  We were all doing it and we looked so obvious and stupid, it was great! 

"Let me flex a bit here as I yank down this board fruit, yep there it is." 

"Oh that J I just drained in your pretty face?  No big whoop if you ask me, here's a little smile for you as I back pedal."

"Oh you're posting me up now? Don't mind the boner, all part of the game."

Yes, getting blocked out for rebounds as an 8th grader scrimmaging the HS girls was a delight. Oh Nikki, and Audi.