Author Topic: First Of Many...  (Read 6208 times)

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
First Of Many...
« on: December 10, 2017, 11:42:31 AM »
I was waiting for the total collapse of this team and it just so happens it happens at intrust again. Oscar can't face the media and tell them we just didn't play good basketball tonight. That was rough ridin awful. Two more games til we open conference play at Iowa State. Hope fully this blemishes Oscar's resume with @ADGT and our ball launching guards learn from this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
Re: First Of Many...
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 11:46:07 AM »
When things aren't working in 2k from three you think I just keep jacking up threes? No I drive the lane every possession or set up a big to be successful.

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 11:47:35 AM »
The thing that I absolutely hate about having these new Bigs is that it seems like they aren't trusted yet by Kam or BARRY enough. Mawien can shoot, he has nice footwork and can make his free throws. I just want some more of that action BOSS

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 01:16:16 PM »
I have a feeling conference play will encourage these guys to pull their heads out of their nice snugly warm rectums.  Diarra has talent, but he plays stunned, like he got blasted by a bull elephant fart or just got kicked in the hangdanglies.   He had to cost us 6 points from turnovers.   

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 01:35:43 PM »
I have a feeling conference play will encourage these guys to pull their heads out of their nice snugly warm rectums.  Diarra has talent, but he plays stunned, like he got blasted by a bull elephant fart or just got kicked in the hangdanglies.   He had to cost us 6 points from turnovers.
Diarra is bound to crap himself. It runs in his jeans.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 01:58:26 PM »
When things aren't working in 2k from three you think I just keep jacking up threes? No I drive the lane every possession or set up a big to be successful.

Driving is harder tho

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 02:01:25 PM »
It's well documemted that our zone offense is horrific. I can't believe any team ever plays man against us.

Even burrito bill plays zone against us
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 02:13:24 PM »

shooters shoot. it's better for us in the long run.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 02:20:02 PM »

And it's how they are going to play for the next two years.

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 02:42:34 PM »

Yeah, just wish we had some shooters.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2017, 02:44:18 PM »
Live or die by the 3.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2017, 02:45:07 PM »
stunted's right. 4-31 isn't gonna happen very often and you can't just tell players to stop shooting threes against a freaking zone giving you threes.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2017, 03:03:45 PM »
stunted's right. 4-31 isn't gonna happen very often and you can't just tell players to stop shooting threes against a freaking zone giving you threes.

100%.

They were open all night. It was bizarre how bad they shot it.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2017, 03:10:22 PM »
good teams win, bad teams lose.  how they accomplish those things is immaterial

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2017, 03:18:04 PM »
good teams win, bad teams lose.  how they accomplish those things is immaterial

True.

And oscar will win enough to be a bubble team and likely sneak in because of the "strength" of the league.

It's what he does.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2017, 03:21:44 PM »

100%.

I agree they were good looks but if something isn't working, they could have even moved in to two pt range. Then shot closer jump shots.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2017, 03:41:55 PM »
or run set plays to your big men oh wait

set plays
big men
oscar weber
lol

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2017, 04:07:03 PM »
oscar will win enough to be a bubble team and likely sneak in because of the "strength" of the league.

just looking at their stats so far - i don't see a ton of evidence to justify your faith.  kstate's best feature is that they can put 4 or 5 credible shooters on the floor at the same time.  but, their defense and rebounding have been poor against the better teams they've played.

is the big 12 really gonna get eight teams in?  i'd bet money that the top 3 teams finish with fewer conference losses than kenpom is currently projecting (21).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2017, 04:08:35 PM »
Not giving a crap is very liberating.
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2017, 04:20:47 PM »
Rebounding has been the biggest red flag so far.  ASU seems to be a legit team and they needed every bit of their 30+ FTs to beat us.

That said, I have long thought that if we are going to have a chance to make a decent run in the NCAA, becoming a live/die by the 3 team is not a bad way to do it.  So I actually like that shift this year.  No question we died by the 3 against Tulsa though.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2017, 04:35:08 PM »

100%.

Yeah, it's a complete outlier. Unlikely to happen again. The real problem is boarding and impotence against the zone D.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2017, 04:57:42 PM »
greg also does have a point. confidence in shooting is a real thing. but if they're good looks, bound to go on a hot streak and regain confidence.

rebounds is huge though. if giving up a rebound is like giving up a point which i think it checks out, we gave up 10 points last night. i like how 3's are moneyballing basketball right now to squeeze out a few points a game, but at the same time it'd make a bigger difference to grab a few extra rebounds.

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2017, 06:16:42 PM »

100%.

What's mind numbing is the team has no other option to break the zone, not coached to.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2017, 02:01:56 PM »
Rebounding has been the biggest red flag so far.  ASU seems to be a legit team and they needed every bit of their 30+ FTs to beat us.

That said, I have long thought that if we are going to have a chance to make a decent run in the NCAA, becoming a live/die by the 3 team is not a bad way to do it.  So I actually like that shift this year.  No question we died by the 3 against Tulsa though.

We haven't shifted to it, as in oscar never relied on the 3 to win, now he is. The three has always been the vehicle that drives oscar's teams on the offensive end. We just have our most trusted, best scoring players on the perimeter and none in the post. If I'm Barry or Kam or Sneed, I'm hearing nothing of Weber if he starts interfering in their more free flowing perimeter approach. I suppose things can get better with some of these post guys, but the beginning of conference play could create a slight regression from where they are today. This team is bubble at best. I suppose for me, I'll enjoy seeing Barry develop more and let the wins and losses be what they are. This is a classic oscar team. They all have a timelessness to them I'm beginning to learn.

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2017, 06:15:05 PM »
I am impressed with the discussion of what might be right and what might be wrong with our team. 

I am of the opinion that few teams can win by taking it inside against a packed in zone.  You either hit some threes or you are in trouble.  There is a reason players that can shoot from range are called zone busters.  If you have a night like we did against Tulsa, the defense is going to pack it tighter and tighter.  When Kam and Barry tried to drive the zone in the second half, they had to put up runners (Kam)  or ended up charging.(Barry)  Sneed and Claws got a couple of jumpers in the lane but were also missing some of those. 
Another comment in this thread was the largest weakness of this team is rebounding and that is painfully obvious.  When we go 4 for 31 from three, we need to figure out how to get more offensive boards.  Maybe give up an occasional fast break in order to focus more on offensive boards. 

Bottom line is if we shoot like that in more than a couple of Big 12 games we will not win enough to make the tournament.  If we shoot like we did against ASU, we will end up in the top half of the conference.