Author Topic: Irvine Eaters.  (Read 2987 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Irvine Eaters.
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2017, 01:26:00 PM »
I want to see us against Arizona State and hopefully Xavier.

That said, this team looks much better than I thought. We play extremely hard on defense and make it very difficult for teams to run offense. We have enough scoring punch and Wade/Sneed look at two guys that can go get points when they want.

Or guards could be an issue, but the biggest problem is that Brown/Stokes/Diarra aren't finishing right now (24% combined on 2s).

Our bigs don't really need to score, and Mawein/Sallah/Stockard are rebounding decently.

We'll see, but as bad a disappointment as football as been, basketball might be as big of a surprise.

IMHO.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2017, 02:10:30 PM »
It was bad basketball last night.  Nothing has changed.
:lol:

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2017, 07:04:39 PM »
I want to see us against Arizona State and hopefully Xavier.

That said, this team looks much better than I thought. We play extremely hard on defense and make it very difficult for teams to run offense. We have enough scoring punch and Wade/Sneed look at two guys that can go get points when they want.

Or guards could be an issue, but the biggest problem is that Brown/Stokes/Diarra aren't finishing right now (24% combined on 2s).

Our bigs don't really need to score, and Mawein/Sallah/Stockard are rebounding decently.

We'll see, but as bad a disappointment as football as been, basketball might be as big of a surprise.

IMHO.
  You nailed the biggest problem being guards finishing.  Stokes made a couple last night so I think Brown and Diarra will come around as they are making good penetration and taking shots at the rim that look like they are high %.  Just need to see some go in.