Author Topic: I just recovered from a gut wrenching spasm  (Read 4713 times)

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I just recovered from a gut wrenching spasm
« on: March 16, 2017, 12:50:20 PM »
Over the years, I've read all of the objections, and requirements , on other boards, that the Frank crowd have used to condemn oscar Weber. As time goes by, the Frank crowd continues to raise the bar as oscar continues to meet their requirements and silence objections.

1. He can't win with his own players. Well, they can't use that one anymore.

2. The program is in decline and is going down every year. This was an easy one to use because it's hard not to decline from a 27 win season and a conference championship. Nevertheless, the Frank crowd has to throw this one out now because the program is trending way up now after getting rid of a few troublemakers.

3. He hasn't won a tournament game. Well, that one is gone now.

4. He can't motivate his players. Well, that one's gone, too.

5. He has a squeaky voice. Well, I'll give them this one.

My point? The Frank crowd has now run out of excuses..........wait a minute.......I just read another one.....a Frank lover has just raised the bar. This poster will not accept Weber until he meets the winning percentage Frank delivered and delivers 4 tournaments in five years like Frank!
Never mind that Frank inherited 3 NBA players and the all time leading scorer from Huggs pipeline and then got out of Dodge before he had to play without them. No, by golly! Every coach will now have to deliver 4 tournaments every 5 years or face the wrath.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: I just recovered from a gut wrenching spasm
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 12:52:55 PM »
Thanks for the rely of crazy

1) Who the eff has ever said this?  This is what people have always said he CAN do. 

2) sneaking in the backdoor versus safely in the dance

3) wow...a play in game....such amaze

4) And Wade still looked bad.  We still have horrid guard play.  At least the seniors took over

5) mouth_gaping.gif

Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 01:33:22 PM »
Over the years, I've read all of the objections, and requirements , on other boards, that the Frank crowd have used to condemn oscar Weber. As time goes by, the Frank crowd continues to raise the bar as oscar continues to meet their requirements and silence objections.

2. The program is in decline and is going down every year. This was an easy one to use because it's hard not to decline from a 27 win season and a conference championship. Nevertheless, the Frank crowd has to throw this one out now because the program is trending way up now after getting rid of a few troublemakers.

My point? The Frank crowd has now run out of excuses..........wait a minute.......I just read another one.....a Frank lover has just raised the bar. This poster will not accept Weber until he meets the winning percentage Frank delivered and delivers 4 tournaments in five years like Frank!
Never mind that Frank inherited 3 NBA players and the all time leading scorer from Huggs pipeline and then got out of Dodge before he had to play without them. No, by golly! Every coach will now have to deliver 4 tournaments every 5 years or face the wrath.

glad that spend your valuable time reading kstatefans, wildcat salute, and gpc but quit polluting our board with their endless supply of stupid crap
we get it, our fan base is filled with idiots

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 01:33:39 PM »
If you really love Oscar this much, you should want better for him than this...

https://twitter.com/testy_westy/status/833064917645271040

You should WANT Oscar to go back to a mid-major program where his vast but limited talents will be better appreciated.

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 05:14:05 PM »

This looks like a p dave or learnin masterpiece, wow!

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 06:29:29 PM »
I'm assuming the OP ironically posted a cut-and-paste comment from a lesser board. At least I hope we don't have this kind of idiocy in our midst.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 07:20:47 PM »
What the original author fails to factor in, is that many of us rough ridin' hate Weber.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2017, 07:44:24 PM »
great post. big game oscar has proven he can coach teams to play at very high levels. it's not a fluke for him to beat top 10 teams. whatever he does to get his players up for those games he needs to do for the lesser games.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2017, 07:47:08 PM »
I'd rather be a top 10 team
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2017, 07:48:09 PM »
we were so close this year  :frown:

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2017, 08:20:14 PM »
Thanks Pissclams. I had no idea that kstatefans even existed.

Nice copy and paste job.
http://www.k-statefans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2817
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2017, 08:47:18 PM »
Thanks Pissclams. I had no idea that kstatefans even existed.

Nice copy and paste job.
http://www.k-statefans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2817

I saw this site earlier, impossible to believe these are real people? Who in the shazbot! thinks like these five people? Serious??

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2017, 05:14:42 AM »
That site is the gem of the interweb  :love:

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2017, 04:15:47 PM »
kstatefans.com is why we have oscar...

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2017, 05:26:09 AM »
kstatefans.com is why we have oscar...

......and why we'll keep him.  :frown:

This game was fixed

How many times have you seen Westicles in foul trouble so early? When is the last time you saw him with 3 fouls in the first half?
Westicles was our most dominant ball player coming down the last half of the season and they, immediately, neutralized him.

I have seldom seen such a one sided called game. We could not guard Cincy when they got it in the paint. It was always a foul and then
they had their way in the paint. At one point the foul total was 19-9. In the second half, it was 9-2 at one point. And, all week, I heard about
how physical they are.

Early in the second half, we made our run with Brown's three bringing us within 7. Cincy went down and a player threw up an off balanced hook
from about the free throw line and the ref bailed him out with a foul. My son and I were watching the game in Manhattan and I said: "It's over. This game is fixed." Moments later, after another run, Sneed was called for a foul on a block at around the top of the key.

Cincy traveled numerous times as they ran into the lane and, each time, was bailed out by a foul call when it should have been a travel.

On the way home, I told my son as we listened on the radio. You'll know it's fixed when, under 4 minutes with game out of reach, we'll get most of the calls. Sure enough. They called a carry on Cincinnati. Cincy misses, Kamau grabs a rebound and they call Cincy for a bump foul. Then another foul is called on a drive..... This was to try and even up the horrible discrepancy in fouls and to show the whole nation just how unbiased these officials were.

Yes, Cincy hit everything they threw up, but it's easier to shoot well when there's no pressure because you're bailed out with calls throughout the game.

I'm not saying someone paid off the refs. I'm saying that whoever these refs were, and for whatever reason, K-state was not going to win. Perhaps, East Coast bias, who knows. It's easy to call things against K-State because Weber just stands there with his mouth open. Where's Bob Knight when you need him?

p.s. I'm not saying K-State should have won. Cincy was red hot. We were cold. I'm simply saying there was officiating bias in favor of Cincy. I'm just glad the game didn't go down to the wire because I would have hated to see what might've been called if Cincy was in trouble.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2017, 12:16:59 PM »
Sounds like a great dad.

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2017, 12:30:53 PM »
Sounds like a great dad.

Is Kenn Wealand involved in that site?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2017, 12:44:25 PM »
Hahahah I'm sure he is

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2017, 01:05:26 PM »
i've tried to tell my two girls the same thing time and time again.  they just can't seem to retain it.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2017, 02:45:00 PM »
I dunno pair him with a P5 conference and meh ooc scheduling and Weber has a much more appealing ncaa tournament scheduling wise than at most mid majors.

At mid-major schools, they really don't care that he gets to the NCAA tournament every year.

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2017, 02:59:38 PM »
Drake and Arkansas State both need Oscar Weber

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2017, 04:29:32 PM »
He should go to a mid major in good shape. He could get that, too.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2017, 04:31:43 PM »
There are going to be some gems on k-statefans with their small timey attitudes and expectations with the Brad news.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2017, 04:58:00 PM »
There are going to be some gems on k-statefans with their small timey attitudes and expectations with the Brad news.

a good exchange on facebook The K-State Family

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2017, 04:32:11 AM »
Oh yeah......... :gocho: