Author Topic: How many millions has Self stolen from families?  (Read 1170 times)

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
How many millions has Self stolen from families?
« on: December 23, 2013, 08:01:34 AM »
Was discussing hoops with a squawk friend the other day and he mentioned how Wiggins needed to stay at least 1 more year, possibly 2, before he is ready to make the NBA jump.  Obviously this is not the first time Self has destroyed a sure-fire lottery pick in his tenure.  Got me to wondering how many families livelihood he has destroyed over the years.  At some point I would think the NCAA needs to step in and do something in order for him to quit destroying lives and sending families out homeless into the streets.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How many millions has Self stolen from families?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 08:42:29 AM »
Probably coming up close to half a billion

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 09:10:01 AM »
Wiggins is gone.  Although, there is a pretty good argument that he could have just sat at home instead of playing at Kansas and saved himself over a million dollars.  As it is, Parker and Randle have passed him and that billion dollar shoe contract may be damaged.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 11:16:40 AM »
I think to accurately address this question, like Bills recruits,  we just need more time.  I mean, regardless if a guy goes #1, or if he gets signed as an undrafted free agent, he will be fine financially.  However, how many generations of descendants will be robbed from having financial security that a patriarch like Wiggins could have provided going #1 vs dropping like a rock, is the question.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 11:19:15 AM »
Was Bill Self responsible for the recession?  You take that much money out of the economy and something bad is bound to happen.