Author Topic: Farewell Fatty  (Read 76873 times)

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Farewell Fatty
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2012, 04:24:56 PM »
heartbroken.  RIP fatty4ksu

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2012, 04:25:05 PM »
Fatty was not only the greatest K-State fan on the planet, but he was a great person as well.  His positive energy and his love for K-State inspired me to be a better person and a better KU fan.  I'm really going to miss him.   Thoughts and prayers with Shwan and his entire family.

:cry:

Thank you, Beams

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2012, 04:26:47 PM »
01/18/12   vs. Texas    Bramlage Coliseum   W (70-61, mcgruger dunk with 2 second left and every1 goes nuts)

I'll take 9it.

His final post.  :cry:

Offline williamthewildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2012, 04:27:09 PM »
Bye FFF.

Safe travels to the next life my friend.

Offline JavaCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2012, 04:30:51 PM »
That's terrible. He will be missed greatly. For those of us that have been around long enough we truly saw fatty grow up on these boards. He started on these boards at such a young age and he had become a legend. He was easily one of my favorite posters now and I had been wishing he would start posting more again. My thoughts go out to his family and friends including Tortuga/KK and the others on here that grew up with him.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2012, 04:32:01 PM »
Man, just logged on after ESPN3ing the game to celebrate a little.  Man, what a gut punch.  Ts and Ps for the family.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2012, 04:38:06 PM »
That's terrible. He will be missed greatly. For those of us that have been around long enough we truly saw fatty grow up on these boards. He started on these boards at such a young age and he had become a legend. He was easily one of my favorite posters now and I had been wishing he would start posting more again. My thoughts go out to his family and friends including Tortuga/KK and the others on here that grew up with him.

Absolutely one on the all time greats.  Such a sad day.  :cry:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2012, 04:42:19 PM »

Absolutely one of the all time greats greatest.  Such a sad day.  :cry:

FYP.   :cry:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2012, 04:45:12 PM »

Absolutely one of the all time greats greatest.  Such a sad day.  :cry:

FYP.   :cry:

Well done sir

Offline Pexikan

• Combo-Fan
  • Junkyard Gato
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2012, 04:53:22 PM »
I was a blessed to have the chance to watch a few games with him. I'll never forget his sense of humor and passion. Ts and Ps Tortuga and all the other peoples lives he touched. I'll miss his optimism most. Being a kstate fan, its pretty hard to stay positive, he couldnt have been a better emaw'r. His spirit will last forever. Goodbye Fatty.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2012, 05:07:50 PM »
No single poster has meant so much to a fanbase in the existence of BBS'ing.

RIP fatty.

Offline HawaiiCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2012, 05:12:13 PM »
HawaiiCat does the family have any ideas on the cause or are they going to have to wait for the process?

They don't know right now. His brother came back from a chemo treatment and found him, already gone. His sister says there weren't any health concerns, and that this is a total shock. Family is devistated. I'll see if I can get info on where they are holding ceremonies so people can send a note. Fatty was Muslim, so keep that in mind if you decide to send a gift. I don't know what is acceptable and what isn't.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2012, 05:13:51 PM »
They are having the funeral in California. I doubt anything will be held in KS since all of his family is in California now.

Offline hillwalking03

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
  • Worst Non-KSU grad school KU poster on goEMAW.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 03, 2012, 05:18:20 PM »
Just heard about Fats.  So sorry.  I always enjoyed his work.  Thoughts to his family, thoughts to you fellows.
Message Board Samurai

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 03, 2012, 05:20:47 PM »
 :kstatriot:
Wish I would have had the pleasure of meeting him. Truly a K-State legend

RIP Fatty. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2012, 05:30:09 PM »
It was an honor to watch the Nebraska game with him in lincoln last year. My most recent PM is from him. R.I.P. you are still my role model.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline bigDcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Farewell Fatty
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2012, 05:38:51 PM »
Fatty was the reason I joined ksufans over 5 years ago. Very sad to hear he passed away. There was nothing better than receiving a compliment from fatty, which he did often. I'm going to miss you fatty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Silk DLW

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2012, 06:18:55 PM »
so sad.  RIP   :kstatriot:

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2012, 06:20:35 PM »
This is just awful. Rest in peace, Shwan.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2012, 06:20:45 PM »
a great tennis player, the greatest bbs'er, thoughts and prayers for Shwan and his family
I'm purple down

Offline SPE_khat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2012, 06:23:51 PM »
Fatty was the first poster I ever recognized/revered over at ksufans. his video's gave me goosebumps. his fandom was unmtached. RIP Fatty  :combofan:

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2012, 06:35:44 PM »
So sad. Greatly respected him. Unlike most of us on here, he can't (won't) be replaced.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 03, 2012, 06:39:55 PM »
It will be a shame if he doesn't get an article from at least one k-state beat writer. He was an eminence grise behind so much emaw culture.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2012, 06:44:19 PM »
Very sad.  Feel so bad for his fam and friends.  Not much is more unfair than death at such a young age.  I just can't imagine....

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2012, 06:50:28 PM »
Forget Poster of the Year, Poster of the Decade. fatty may have been Poster of the Century.