Poll

I'm thinking of wrecking threads everywhere until this shit gets fixed or I get banned, should I?

Si
35 (71.4%)
No
14 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: US Men's National Team Soccer Thread! (lower division thread)  (Read 446981 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: US Men's National Team Soccer Thread! (lower division thread)
« Reply #6025 on: June 29, 2016, 12:03:23 AM »
time to move on from the failed John brooks experiment

http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2016/06/28/usmnt-player-ratings-from-a-successful-copa-america-centenario/
laughable to put him that high after the Argentina game.  Sure I should have cast more blame on the mid, but at times the back line was laughably bad.
"Nah the ship is fine"-edn if he was the captain of the Titanic as the ship is literally sinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, edn knows the ship is sinking. He's just blaming the kitchen staff for it instead of the freaking iceberg

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6026 on: June 29, 2016, 04:36:54 AM »
eff this place blows when you interrupt the circle jerk.  If you think his performance against Argentina was worthy of a 9 you don't know crap.  Good tourney against crap teams like Costa Rica means crap to me. Grats though on that one nice tackle, that can keep you guys warm at night watching Rio and probably the next World Cup.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6027 on: June 29, 2016, 05:55:57 AM »
eff this place blows when you interrupt the circle jerk.  If you think his performance against Argentina was worthy of a 9 you don't know crap.  Good tourney against crap teams like Costa Rica means crap to me. Grats though on that one nice tackle, that can keep you guys warm at night watching Rio and probably the next World Cup.
Lol

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6028 on: June 29, 2016, 06:11:10 AM »

New soccer fans pounding their chest up in here
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6029 on: June 29, 2016, 07:43:39 AM »
edn, your comment is exactly why I preemptively post ITT so I don't look like a new money fan in 5 years when dobberjr is scoring goals all up in other teams' faces. 

Royals aren't gonna win 'em all

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6030 on: June 29, 2016, 07:54:22 AM »

What a rough ridin' idiot you are.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6031 on: June 29, 2016, 11:20:58 AM »

great rough ridin' analysis.  Call me when your stars put up a fight against top flight competition before biting the pillow.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6032 on: June 29, 2016, 12:39:44 PM »

great rough ridin' analysis.  Call me when your stars put up a fight against top flight competition before biting the pillow.
He played great in every game except for Argentina, and even in that game despite what you try to say, he didn't have any howlers in that game. You can continue trying to be some contrarian saying Brooks sucks, but it is obvious you're being an idiot.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6033 on: June 29, 2016, 01:04:17 PM »

He played great in every game except for Argentina, and even in that game despite what you try to say, he didn't have any howlers in that game. You can continue trying to be some contrarian saying Brooks sucks, but it is obvious you're being an idiot.

404 saying he sucks.  What I did say is that we should move away from him because he isn't showing a lot of improvement necessary for where this team should be. Is he better than other options?  Maybe.  What I do know, is he had a bad game against Argentina.  He had a few good plays against mediocre competition otherwise.  Has he done well before? Like Gold Cup against Jamaica?  eff no.   I mean eff he couldn't even jump on the wall to save the second goal that went directly over him. 

So sorry to be a source of levity who has watched him for enough games to know that he has good games, but many many bad ones, especially against better competition where the US is punching up.  So either he needs to show dramatic improvement or he should go, admittedly after many much worse players. 
https://youtu.be/SWSVOcq-KMI?t=40

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6034 on: June 29, 2016, 01:07:19 PM »
You just used not jumping in a wall against him? Lol

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6035 on: June 29, 2016, 01:10:13 PM »
i kept thinking maybe he had the wrong name or something.  nope, just the continual weird argentina meltdown thing

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6036 on: June 29, 2016, 01:10:15 PM »
You just used not jumping in a wall against him? Lol

the fact that that is what you took from my posts shows how qualified you are to make further comments. 

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6037 on: June 29, 2016, 01:11:39 PM »
"He doesn't play as well against good teams as bad teams and he one time didn't jump on a free kick, so we should move on from this young CB who is the best in the player pool and is playing well for a top half of a Bundesliga team"-edn

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6038 on: June 29, 2016, 01:12:48 PM »
"maybe" better than our other options?  who the hell else are we "moving on to"?  he's one of the better CBs we've had in a long time and he's an american 23 y/o

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6039 on: June 29, 2016, 01:13:01 PM »
"He doesn't play as well against good teams as bad teams and he one time didn't jump on a free kick, so we should move on from this young CB who is the best in the player pool and is playing well for a top half of a Bundesliga team"-edn

the weird thing is edn even conceded there is nobody better available. just wants him the F off our squad. sounds like wacky regarding Ventura

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6040 on: June 29, 2016, 01:17:52 PM »
or we use him for a couple more years while pushing our younger players to improve and than dump our liabilities as better options become available so we don't have another Beckerman cling on.  Because right now, at his rate of improvement, he isn't a 7 year option.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6041 on: June 29, 2016, 01:21:24 PM »
or we use him for a couple more years while pushing our younger players to improve and than dump our liabilities as better options become available so we don't have another Beckerman cling on.

i hope other countries don't catch on to this idea :ohno:

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6042 on: June 29, 2016, 01:23:19 PM »
23 is an extremely tiny baby age, so this little guy could maybe even improve his game moving forward

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6043 on: June 29, 2016, 01:25:58 PM »
or we use him for a couple more years while pushing our younger players to improve and than dump our liabilities as better options become available so we don't have another Beckerman cling on.  Because right now, at his rate of improvement, he isn't a 7 year option.
The small amount of credibility you had went out the door comparing Beckerman to Brooks.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6044 on: June 29, 2016, 01:27:05 PM »
23 is an extremely tiny baby age, so this little guy could maybe even improve his game moving forward
Nope time to cut him loose. 

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6045 on: June 29, 2016, 01:29:08 PM »
Pulisic hasn't shown enough improvement over his 6 caps. We should cut bait and move on and not keep him around-edn next week probably.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6046 on: June 29, 2016, 01:29:39 PM »

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6047 on: June 29, 2016, 01:29:49 PM »
The small amount of credibility you had went out the door comparing Beckerman to Brooks.

The fact that once again you have totally missed the point of my post makes me wonder if english is your second language.  Re-read before commenting.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6048 on: June 29, 2016, 01:31:31 PM »

The fact that once again you have totally missed the point of my post makes me wonder if english is your second language.  Re-read before commenting.
"You pointed out how stupid of a point I made so now I'm going to try to say you don't know how to read"-edn

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6049 on: June 29, 2016, 01:33:01 PM »

"You pointed out how stupid of a point I made so now I'm going to try to say you don't know how to read"-edn

ESL confirmed

Or are you going to say that Beckerman isn't an example of a player staying around too long when there are better options? 

I can walk you through basic sentence structure if needed.