Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 1028231 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #5050 on: October 10, 2017, 07:11:55 PM »
I agree with KSU that wages are taxed too high. I'm extremely annoyed by the amount of money the fed and state take out of my paycheck and what they take on discretionary is rough ridin' robbery.

:facepalm:

Wut is it Phil?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: October 10, 2017, 07:22:55 PM »
It's funny because most rich people don't complain much about taxes. The complaints tend to come much more from middle class families and corporations.

I think that depends upon how you define "rich." HENRY's such as myself - folks who are raking in sizable incomes, but all in the form of wages taxed at ordinary rates - are getting soaked. I think at last count I paid a higher percentage in taxes than about 92% of Americans. I don't think that's fair. Seems to me that everyone should pay about the same percentage. It's not like I'm getting better government services than 92% of Americans.

Never heard this term but found a definition....

DEFINITION of 'High Earners, Not Rich Yet - HENRYs'
A buzzword coined in a 2003 Fortune Magazine article to refer to a segment of families earning between $250,000 and $500,000, but not having much left after taxes, schooling, housing and family costs - not to mention saving for an affluent retirement.

To which I say....da fuq you spending money on to pull that down and not be able to save...especially in the midwest

Who said anything about not saving? I save plenty. But yes, I also have plenty of expenses you might expect for four kids, college savings, multiple advanced degrees, a home, cars, etc. I don't live beyond my means, but my wife and I worked our asses off for the life we enjoy and it doesn't mean we should pay a significantly higher percentage in taxes as a result.

You're also right that at least I live in the Midwest. One could argue that the true HENRYs are the dudes pulling down 250k but at double the cost of living on the coasts. Those guys are getting screwed worse than me.

then you are using the term wrong:

but not having much left after taxes, schooling, housing and family costs - not to mention saving for an affluent retirement.

I subscribe to the Oxford definition of HENRY.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 07:49:47 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: October 10, 2017, 08:20:22 PM »
Guys, that definition of HENRY includes "saving for an affluent retirement." Basically it just means people who make a lot of money but don't have cash to spend on extravagant things because it's all spoken for.

And KSUW, if you're not maxing out your (and spouse's) 401(k), IRA, HSA, and post-tax 401(k) (if available) then you're not playing the tax game right. All covered in the investing thread.

Also, and I can't stress this enough, ignore everything about crypto trading.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: October 10, 2017, 08:27:15 PM »
Guys, that definition of HENRY includes "saving for an affluent retirement." Basically it just means people who make a lot of money but don't have cash to spend on extravagant things because it's all spoken for.

And KSUW, if you're not maxing out your (and spouse's) 401(k), IRA, HSA, and post-tax 401(k) (if available) then you're not playing the tax game right. All covered in the investing thread.

Im set for a comfy retirement (or at least, on track to be set). That doesn't change the fact that I am being taxed at a significantly higher percentage than most. This isn't a matter of whether I can afford those taxes - I can. I just don't subscribe to the "from each according to his ability" philosophy so many liberals subscribe to.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: October 10, 2017, 08:34:27 PM »

Im set for a comfy retirement (or at least, on track to be set). That doesn't change the fact that I am being taxed at a significantly higher percentage than most. This isn't a matter of whether I can afford those taxes - I can. I just don't subscribe to the "from each according to his ability" philosophy so many liberals subscribe to.
People richer than you deserve a break more. You're just going to buy a nicer suv or take a vacation to Hawaii, not create jobs like the people who get all their income from capital gains.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5055 on: October 10, 2017, 08:36:38 PM »
maybe if ksuw just worked a little harder he could afford his lifestyle
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5056 on: October 10, 2017, 08:37:37 PM »
maybe if ksuw just worked a little harder he could afford his lifestyle
Looking to his dear leader Trump to save him

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: October 10, 2017, 08:43:57 PM »

Oh, I see. You just don't love this country. You know, some people give their lives so you can brag about how much money you make on message boards, but I guess you're just not willing to contribute a few extra dollars to help pay their salaries. SAD!

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: October 10, 2017, 08:49:12 PM »

People richer than you deserve a break more. You're just going to buy a nicer suv or take a vacation to Hawaii, not create jobs like the people who get all their income from capital gains.

Blowing money on trips and buying SUVs creates jobs, too.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: October 10, 2017, 08:50:04 PM »
I just don't subscribe to the "from each according to his ability" philosophy so many liberals subscribe to.

Or Christianity.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: October 10, 2017, 09:02:22 PM »

Liberals don't subscribe to that philosophy, either. There's is more "the government should pay me for what I do bc I say it's important"

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: October 10, 2017, 09:04:08 PM »

Blowing money on trips and buying SUVs creates jobs, too.
  food stamps do, too

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: October 10, 2017, 09:06:19 PM »
Nothing creates more jobs than the military industrial complex!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: October 10, 2017, 09:17:35 PM »
Regardless of who creates more jobs, I think we can all agree that the super wealthy worked harder than these sad sack HENRY's and therefore deserve the extra bennies they get.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: October 10, 2017, 09:36:19 PM »
Regardless of who creates more jobs, I think we can all agree that the super wealthy worked harder than these sad sack HENRY's and therefore deserve the extra bennies they get.

We don't need to fight - we can both have tax breaks if we broaden the base (raise taxes on the worthless shits who aren't paying any).

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: October 10, 2017, 10:00:13 PM »
I lose 20% of my income to taxes. Am I paying enough?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: October 10, 2017, 11:04:30 PM »
I think you should pay more sdk, cause right now KSUW can't afford that summer cabin in the mountains that he's has his eye on.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5067 on: October 11, 2017, 06:55:10 AM »

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: October 11, 2017, 07:02:48 AM »

We don't need to fight - we can both have tax breaks if we broaden the base (raise taxes on the worthless shits who aren't paying any).
Who are you referring to here? Trump?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5069 on: October 11, 2017, 08:53:02 AM »
I lose 20% of my income to taxes. Am I paying enough?

I think 20% is absurd. Particularly when you consider all the other taxes you pay--personal property, real property, sales tax, liquor/cigar excise tax, FICA, etc.  If you own a business--payroll tax, use tax, occupancy tax, corporate tax, etc.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5070 on: October 11, 2017, 08:57:50 AM »
Many of those you can deduct from income tax tho.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5071 on: October 11, 2017, 09:15:37 AM »
Is that 20% all taxes, or just fed income? I'd be Ok with paying about 25% total, but I'm currently closer to 40% with state income, city/state property taxes, city/state sales tax, fed income, and FICA combined. And that doesn't even count all the hidden corporate tax I pay indirectly through higher prices.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5072 on: October 11, 2017, 09:17:43 AM »
I just don't subscribe to the "from each according to his ability" philosophy so many liberals subscribe to.

Or Christianity.

This is a common liberal theme. I guess they are so ignorant of religion that they can't see the distinction between voluntary charity and involuntary confiscation and redistribution of wealth.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5073 on: October 11, 2017, 09:18:25 AM »
Wasn't it like 70% last time you were complaining about this?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5074 on: October 11, 2017, 09:19:15 AM »

Or Christianity.

This is a common liberal theme. I guess they are so ignorant of religion that they can't see the distinction between voluntary charity and involuntary confiscation and redistribution of wealth.

So I guess Jesus just flips tables for fun
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla